New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

Our desperate situation may prompt a move for Dowie. He's a 'name', knows the club, and emulates Shez to an extent by lifting the atmosphere - to a point.

But why he'd take the job is one thing.

And whether he'd be good enough and the right man to handle this crisis situation is another...

Having said that though, who, that we could actually get, is?

The club went for the only one on the table who the vast majority believe would be capable, and who the vast majority never thought could be a serious contender and scoffed at the reports intimating so. But for Forest... He'd have been appointed today.

Given the speed of things at Latics though, Forest may have appointed Giggs, and ruled out Evans, before we have finished interviewing other contenders.. !

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have him right now. He did a great job at Scunny.

Would normally say no chance but I thought that about Evans.

His stock is about as low as its been. No other jobs available. Would be my preference.

My problem with Adkins is he had possibly the largest playing & staff budget in league 1 last season and couldn't get Sheffield United into the play offs.

Yes he has done a good job at previous clubs Scunthorpe / Southampton spring to mind.

Would and could we afford him and his demands I very much doubt it. Along with Coterilll, Dowie and other names that have been mentioned.

Evans would have been a great appointment but alas it wasn't to be.

Which leaves the likes of Redfearn, Robins. Adams or Bunn. IMO

My problem with Adkins is he had possibly the largest playing & staff budget in league 1 last season and couldn't get Sheffield United into the play offs.

Yes he has done a good job at previous clubs Scunthorpe / Southampton spring to mind.

Would and could we afford him and his demands I very much doubt it. Along with Coterilll, Dowie and other names that have been mentioned.

I doubt Adkns would be interested in such a large challenge. He can afford to wait for a better opportunity. Whoever takes over is on a hiding to nothing. Trying to put nearly a full squad together who get on, will be nigh on impossible. It will take weeks for them to know each others game. We can only hope Dieng and Wilson can be persuaded to accept new deals.

My vote still goes to shirtlif

but frankly i would settle for some obscure Scottish manager from the highland league

To be fair, they've had the biggest budget in our league for a while and they keep failing every year. More of a deep rooted problem than just the manager. Especially with the chairman or chief exec making derogatory comments about the rest of the teams in the league etc. Diabolical.

The disappointment in this is that it puts us firmly in our place. Club has attempted to sign an experienced manager having 'lost' an experienced manager only to find after doing all the hard work that he is not prepared to come here. Can't fault them for trying but the hole is getting deeper

Sad that we might now have to revert to plan B which is to give an inexperienced manager his first chance.

I wonder what the process is now - do they give a call to someone who has already had an interview or do they do another round of interviews with new applicants, as the previous ones interviewed did not do enough to justify them being offered the position in the first place.

Either way the clock is ticking with the fixtures being released yesterday, the players under contract only have a week left of their current contract remaining and not even a new kit to play in.

You couldn't make this up could you.

I doubt Adkns would be interested in such a large challenge. He can afford to wait for a better opportunity.

Whoever takes over is on a hiding to nothing. Trying to put nearly a full squad together who get on, will be nigh on impossible. It will take weeks for them to know each others game. We can only hope Dieng and Wilson can be persuaded to accept new deals.

If he's not interested in a large challenge (which I doubt) he will be fortunate to find work at any club on that basis.

Despite disappointing at Sheff Utd, I'd definitely take Adkins. 4 promotions on his CV including 3 at this level.

While it's unquestionably a difficult job here, I think some managers will see it as a positive that our squad is so small. There aren't many jobs going where a manager has a clean slate in order to mold a team how he wants.

Despite disappointing at Sheff Utd, I'd definitely take Adkins. 4 promotions on his CV including 3 at this level.

While it's unquestionably a difficult job here, I think some managers will see it as a positive that our squad is so small. There aren't many jobs going where a manager has a clean slate in order to mold a team how he wants.

Blackpool last season.

I am sure my ballot paper had two options

Do you want Corney to Remain

Do you want Corney to leave

Same as the Euro referendum then. Outers have nothing definite to replace him with :-) Edited by LaticsPete