Rhys Murphy

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's clearly trying to plot his way out of the contract he signed with us, backstabbing bastard.

FFS What are you on about!!!

He's clearly enjoying his football, playing every week, and scoring goals.

He came here unfit ( not his fault ) and shortly afterwards the manager who signed him promptly :censored:ed off....after a few bit parts he never got a run in the team.

He was miles from home, probably living out of a hotel or in temp digs and wasn't even playing any football.

With what's gone on at this club since he left, I'm not sure I'd want to return either!

FFS What are you on about!!!

He's clearly enjoying his football, playing every week, and scoring goals.

He came here unfit ( not his fault ) and shortly afterwards the manager who signed him promptly :censored:ed off....after a few bit parts he never got a run in the team.

He was miles from home, probably living out of a hotel or in temp digs and wasn't even playing any football.

With what's gone on at this club since he left, I'm not sure I'd want to return either!

Pretty sure it was a joke?

If we play two up front he should definitely play, if we play one up front then he shouldn't. His game isn't suited to playing up top on his own and we'd be wasting him again by doing so. Matt Harrold at Crawley was a big help to Murphy finding his form again, hopefully Cassidy will get the opportunity to do the same.

If we play two up front he should definitely play, if we play one up front then he shouldn't. His game isn't suited to playing up top on his own and we'd be wasting him again by doing so. Matt Harrold at Crawley was a big help to Murphy finding his form again, hopefully Cassidy will get the opportunity to do the same.

We're desperate for results. Sticking with a rusty Cassidy or choosing a man who has been bagging for fun is a no-brainer.

I think it's not a one up front question either, it's a question now if we're going to go into the game negatively. If so, it suits Cassidy, if not it suits Murphy.

We're desperate for results. Sticking with a rusty Cassidy or choosing a man who has been bagging for fun is a no-brainer.

I think it's not a one up front question either, it's a question now if we're going to go into the game negatively. If so, it suits Cassidy, if not it suits Murphy.

Sorry I can't agree with that. Murphy needs a foil to be effective as he plays most of the game on the shoulder of the last defender. Cassidy could easily be that foil for him as he does the grunt work that allows Murphy to find the space to do what he does best.

I rate Poleon as a better player than Cassidy but Poleon can't play the up front on his own anywhere near as well as Cassidy. While Murphy and Poleon have different strengths, neither possesses the power needed to take on two centre backs by themselves.

Better record than Cassidys 0 in 19 with Southend and us.

You can't compare the two as Cassidy will be asked to fulfill a role Murphy couldn't. I'd personally play both but theres near on zilch chance of that happening, Cassidy will start and Murphy will be on the bench, we will go 1 or 2 down before Murphy gets his chance, probably grab a consolation for us in the 93rd minute then back on the bench for Donny at home on Monday.

Sorry I can't agree with that. Murphy needs a foil to be effective as he plays most of the game on the shoulder of the last defender. Cassidy could easily be that foil for him as he does the grunt work that allows Murphy to find the space to do what he does best.

I rate Poleon as a better player than Cassidy but Poleon can't play the up front on his own anywhere near as well as Cassidy. While Murphy and Poleon have different strengths, neither possesses the power needed to take on two centre backs by themselves.

Yes, they would probably work best as a partnership, but Cassidy in our current system is never going to work. Ever. And the likelihood of us going out to win a game is very slim, so two up top is out of the question I'd have thought.

Murphy is intelligent enough to find space in any defence. I'd rather play him up top on his own while we have a team with no pace or attacking impetus to get beyond Cassidy. Threading balls through the channels and expecting him to win foot races is going to be excruciating if it continues.

I'm not disagreeing but we have a manager who is gonna do it his own way, two upfronts not part of the plan.

I agree until we start games going for a win and not to avoid defear nothing will change. This attitue will send us down. I accept its only half way through the season but genrally the table will be starting to take shape.

If we go down I could swollow it a whole lot easier in the knowledge we actually had a go. At the moment we are going down with a whimper. We need to play a system to get the best from Murphy until then he can not really be judged as we have yet to give him a decent run of games.