Rhys Murphy

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im hoping he strats at Blackpool as it would be interesting to see in a form striker with a point to prove in a Latics shirt

Agree. As long as he wants to come here and stay though. If he's got his eye on a move in January back to Crawley and league 2 then not sure he'll be an asset. Especially if the move is already sorted - he'll probably want to avoid injury so could play within himself.

Agree. As long as he wants to come here and stay though. If he's got his eye on a move in January back to Crawley and league 2 then not sure he'll be an asset. Especially if the move is already sorted - he'll probably want to avoid injury so could play within himself.

This is a test of Dunn's man management then. He needs to make an in form striker like Murphy want to be playing for us if a deal hasn't been agreed

Yes let's start him and build on his current form but it will

Only work in a front 2 not up top on his own...he isn't a lone striker or winger and that why he never performed with us previously as he was out of position.

With that in mind he will start on the bench I suspect as Dunn won't play 2 up top away from home.

Don't think Dunn rated him but it seemed crazy at the time to farm him out on loan then get Brandy and Fuller in on trial as potential replacements, also if Fuller was the better option then Brandy must have been absolute :censored:e!!

If we keep Fuller and let Murphy go I'll be well pissed off, the guy can't even run and has completely gone!!!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing as in reality he did :censored: all for large portions of the season.

I wonder how many were that upset when his loan actually ended?

As most strikers at this level he had the occasional good game, but there were games when he looked out of sorts, only 1 game for us sticks out and that was Sheff utd away, so for me it was 1 good game in how many starts?

As most strikers at this level he had the occasional good game, but there were games when he looked out of sorts, only 1 game for us sticks out and that was Sheff utd away, so for me it was 1 good game in how many starts?

And he nearly cost us a point with a stupid sending off in that!

Murphy is in form. Regardless of his goals being in League Two the difference in quality isn't too big, so for me he has to start at Blackpool. It makes little sense recalling a player who's been sticking them away regularly to then bench him first game.

I'd also go 442, but that ain't going to happen.

And Cov at home. We were lethal that day.

Murphy is in form. Regardless of his goals being in League Two the difference in quality isn't too big, so for me he has to start at Blackpool. It makes little sense recalling a player who's been sticking them away regularly to then bench him first game.

I'd also go 442, but that ain't going to happen.

We haven't recalled him - the loan has expired and I fully expect to see him back there in January as that's the earliest they can do a deal

Having said that - yes he should start, do I think he will? No

We haven't recalled him - the loan has expired and I fully expect to see him back there in January as that's the earliest they can do a deal

Having said that - yes he should start, do I think he will? No

If a permanent deal is in the pipeline in Jan, then he probably shouldn't play.

If it's a loan, then we should play him, if he scores in the next two games, don't send him back.

If we hadn't sent him out on loan and had given him a decent run in the team we might not be in this predicament now.

Dunn's going to have to make his mind up about this guy pretty damn quick, we either play him or sell him for a fee.

There's no way I would loan him back to Crawley, we need the player or money now for a replacement!

If we hadn't sent him out on loan and had given him a decent run in the team we might not be in this predicament now.

Dunn's going to have to make his mind up about this guy pretty damn quick, we either play him or sell him for a fee.

There's no way I would loan him back to Crawley, we need the player or money now for a replacement!

Successful loan move. He's come back and looked a completely different player yesterday...

I like Murphy, Bear in mind we bought him injured and threw him in when we were desperate last season. He's come back from a loan period better too.

His postioning his good, he's in the box, he asks for the ball and prepared to back track and help out. We look more balanced yesterday

Only downside is that he's a little short...anyone got a rack we could stretch him out on?