Rhys Murphy

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he was making exactly the same runs the last time he wore a latics shirt. I watched him closley yesterday and his game has not changed at all.

amazing what a successful loan spell can do for a player, people now viewing him with a more positive attitude which can only be good for him but nothing changed.

Philliskirk has scored 5 league goals from about 20 starts, Poleon has scored 4 from 9.

He's got his flaws, but he makes things happen and he scores goals. He's shown he is capable of working well in a front two and on his day he's unplayable - perhaps moreso than anybody else in the squad.

Wouldn't rule him out of partnering Murphy if Cassidy continues to fail.

As for Murphy, yes, the loan move has probably improved his confidence, but he'd started about two games at Latics. To have judged him was laughable. For all we know that loan was unnecessary and we could've had a player scoring for fun in our team while we watched him bang them in at Crawley. He scored a belter in the game before he was allowed to leave.

I like Murphy, Bear in mind we bought him injured and threw him in when we were desperate last season. He's come back from a loan period better too.

His postioning his good, he's in the box, he asks for the ball and prepared to back track and help out. We look more balanced yesterday

Only downside is that he's a little short...anyone got a rack we could stretch him

I wish he had not tracked back to help.....absolutely unforgiveable for a professional footballer to do what he did for second goal.

In attack he missed with a free header from 6 yards in first half and in last minute....well....

He ran about a lot though.

I like Murphy, Bear in mind we bought him injured and threw him in when we were desperate last season. He's come back from a loan period better too.

His postioning his good, he's in the box, he asks for the ball and prepared to back track and help out. We look more balanced yesterday

Only downside is that he's a little short...anyone got a rack we could stretch him

I wish he had not tracked back to help.....absolutely unforgiveable for a professional footballer to do what he did for second goal.

In attack he missed with a free header from 6 yards in first half and in last minute....well....

He ran about a lot though.

He missed a header first half but didn't Cassidy head the last minute chance when Murphy was in a better position behind him?

Maybe the most promising Murphy contribution was proving wrong those who said he won't score in a team that doesn't produce chances.

A player with intelligence will always make chances for himself. At this level no player is going to score them all but it is no coincidence that him returning coincided with our most attacking performance in ages.

Maybe the most promising Murphy contribution was proving wrong those who said he won't score in a team that doesn't produce chances.

A player with intelligence will always make chances for himself. At this level no player is going to score them all but it is no coincidence that him returning coincided with our most attacking performance in ages.

Very true.

I watched him closley yesterday and his game has not changed at all.

I said this just before he went out...our fans may not get on player backs as much if they watched individuals a few minutes rather than the ball.

His runs are intelligent, hes aware of surroundings and is one of the few we have who gambles on a flick on or a pass...

Anybody guess who i think is the other player in the squad with all of the above?

I said this just before he went out...our fans may not get on player backs as much if they watched individuals a few minutes rather than the ball.

His runs are intelligent, hes aware of surroundings and is one of the few we have who gambles on a flick on or a pass...

Anybody guess who i think is the other player in the squad with all of the above?

Ricardo Fuller

Rumour (!) site from yesterday

01 Jan 2016 13:08:43

Oldham have accepted an offer from Crawely Town for striker Rhys Murphy, the fee is a nominal amount of around 35K, Murphy has agreed terms and will put pen to paper on a 2 year deal early next week.

Oldham have accepted an offer from Crawely Town for striker Rhys Murphy, the fee is a nominal amount of around 35K, Murphy has agreed terms and will put pen to paper on a 2 year deal early next week.

Has anyone played football manager (!) on the 'asset striping chairman' challenge? FM meets real life?....

Another player we can add to the striker graveyard that is BP. I think he could have had some success here if we'd kept him but I think he will have been the driving force behind this move.

He probably can't wait to get away from the place and it doesn't help that we're on our 4th manager since he came in!!!

To be honest if this rumour is true, should he play today?

Another player we can add to the striker graveyard that is BP. I think he could have had some success here if we'd kept him but I think he will have been the driving force behind this move.

He probably can't wait to get away from the place and it doesn't help that we're on our 4th manager since he came in!!!

To be honest if this rumour is true, should he play today?

Yes because he's the only likely goal scorer we have.

Barring philly I guess..

Edited by Chris Richard

[quote name="oafc1955" post="823132" timestamp

Or away from the abusive environment that BP can create too, sometimes we drive players to perform poorly and want to get away. Same at most clubs probably.

Edited by Stainrod

He's 25, has 18 months left on his contract and has scored 11 goals in 20 games this season.

Our board gets a lot of stick, and rightly so in many cases, but I can't see we'd be that inept to let him go for £35k. Those rumour sites are all the same - littered with postman Matt types desperate for a bite.

I am sure there must be a bought missing!