New Strikers this week?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or we could play our own player, helping him develop and (hopefully!) increasing his value

We have not had a decent striker for what seems an eternity now, so what does that say for our current crop of strikers when none of the can make the position their own when we are so dire in that department, hence us having no alternative but to look elsewhere..

I'd rather us sign Lavery than Best provided it's for the whole season.

Both would be great.

I'd be happy with either of them but the earlier the better, coming in the day before a game is not ideal, 2 or 3 days training with the squad would help enormously.

It is just typical of Latics to sign a replacement for Cassidy - the 3 months for Stan (who signed him?) - and then before giving him a chance talk about signing another striker. Then we/you expect him to be arsed about playing for us when we have said you're here but not good enough.

Matt Smith was not given game time and when he was we didn't play to his strengths just as with O'Grady. Of course Murphy has now been ditched after scoring a cracker and what do you know he has scored for Crawley - are we surprised?

I trust the idea of taking people on trial is to see if they are match fit.