David Dunn is a football genius.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the 11 mins of highlights. Obviously they don't tell the full story but they really contradict some of the reactions on here.

If you look at the best 11 minutes of my last hour and half of work on Friday you could make me look like a world beater :)

If you look at the best 11 minutes of my last hour and half of work on Friday you could make me look like a world beater :)

Ha! True. But I've seen my fair share of games where we created :censored: all and showed no attacking intent and there's no way 11 min highlights would look like this game.

Its the sort of record you get from young hungry managers (cheapest options), have a look at Dickov's record its probably similar.

We now have a chairman who thinks finishing in the bottom 8 of League 1 season on season is an achievement, pay peanuts you get monkeys.

I was criticised for saying their records were uncannily similar but nothing really seems to have changed aside from Dunn having brought in a half-decent striker.

Darren Kelly P7 W1 D4 L2 Pts7

David Dunn P9 W1 D6 L2 Pts9

Plus Dunn has benefited from (or been responsible for?) some decent form from Poleon and Winchester.

And two better full backs in Lafferty & Dummigan..

Yet we seem to have gone backwards a little bit...

It's all getting a bit Dickov - he can sign decent players but doesn't seem to know what to do with them...

I was criticised for saying their records were uncannily similar but nothing really seems to have changed aside from Dunn having brought in a half-decent striker.

Pointless (pun intended) to keep comparing the two.

Kelly was a rabbit in the headlights and his appointment has set us back months.

There's no quick fix here, squad isn't good enough to compete in the top half and people have to get their heads around that, we are going to sink fast if the support wavers.

Pointless (pun intended) to keep comparing the two.

Kelly was a rabbit in the headlights and his appointment has set us back months.

There's no quick fix here, squad isn't good enough to compete in the top half and people have to get their heads around that, we are going to sink fast if the support wavers.

Still can't get my head round it. Elokobi, Dayton, Mellor and Morgan-Smith were that important?

Have a guess how many points Barnsley have from their last 14 games? You guessed it 14.

We all know full well there were reasons off the pitch which contributed to that.

If you are refering to Ched, I cant help but think its an easy excuse

If i was a footballer I wouldnt be thinking about other possible signing affecting my game on a Saturday. many have blamed the Ched situation for our poor 2nd half of the season but the players at the club should be doing more.

Why would players make individual errors on a Saturday costing us points due to newspaper reports about someone else. lets not forget it died down after a few weeks and our form didnt change.

Edited by palmer1

Those who say Poleon is :censored: after he's been played up front on his own, again, will be the same people who said Rhys Murphy was :censored: when he was getting played on his own. These people seem surprised that they're not bagging a goal a game with James Wilson's hoofs out for a goal kick and surprised they're not winning every header against a 6'2 centre back

But Poleon is :censored: though...

It's very narrow to assume that players wouldn't be affected by the Evans circus. The whole club was affected, and you could sense it.

Not to mention our manager deciding to leave us when we were within a couple of points of 6th spot, and subsequently to compound it, our chairman threw in the towel for the season.

Wins stats:

Manager...............................From................Until................W.................D................L................Total................Win%

David Ashworth...................1906................1914................126................67............90................283...................44.5

Jack Rowley........................1960................1963................66................33..............52................151...................43.7

Mick Wadsworth..................2001................2002................15................11................9................35....................42.9

Bob Mellor...........................1934................1945................93................46..............82................221..................42.1

John Sheridan.....................2006................2009................61................43..............47................151..................40.4

Jimmy McMullan.................1933................1934................18................11..............16................45....................40.0

Andy Wilson.......................1927................1932................87................45...............86................218..................39.9

Bob Mellor..........................1924................1927................52................26...............54................132..................39.4

Les McDowall.....................1963................1965................35................15...............39................89...................39.3

Billy Wootton......................1947................1950................54................36...............51................141.................38.3

Iain Dowie..........................2002................2003................31................28...............23................82...................37.8

Tony Philliskirk...................2013................2013................3....................1.................4..................8...................37.5

George Hardwick...............1950................1956................101..............69..............101..............271..................37.3

Joe Royle..........................1982................1994................227..............166.............222..............615..................36.9

Frank Womack..................1945................1947................14....................7...............17...............38...................36.8

Jimmy Frizzell...................1970................1982................214.............170..............203..............587...................36.5

Brian Talbot......................2004................2005................20................14................21................55....................36.4

Ronnie Moore...................2005................2006................23................18................24................65....................35.4

Herbert Bamlett................1914................1921................44................35................48................127..................34.7

Lee Johnson.....................2013................2015................35................32................35................102..................34.3

Charlie Roberts................1921................1922................9...................7.................11................27.....................33.3

Andy Ritchie....................1998................2001................59................45................75................179....................33.0

Neil Warnock...................1997................1998................22................20................27................69.....................31.9

David Ashworth...............1923................1924................20................22................22................64......................31.3

Paul Dickov......................2010................2013................43................37................61................141...................30.5

Graeme Sharp.................1994................1997................35................34................48................117...................29.9

Ted Goodier....................1956................1958................28................32................36................96.....................29.2

Norman Dodgin...............1958................1960................27................17................53................97.....................27.8

Dave Penney...................2009................2010................13................13................22................48.....................27.1

Jack Rowley.....................1968................1969................16................15...............29................60......................26.7

John Sheridan..................2003................2004................3....................6................4................13.......................23.1

John Eyres.......................2003................2004................3....................6................4................13.......................23.1

Gordon Hurst...................1965................1966................3....................5...............12................20......................15.0

Darren Kelly.....................2015................2015................1....................4................4................9.........................11.1

David Dunn (caretaker)...2015................Now................1.....................6................2................9.........................11.1

Joe Royle........................2009................2009................1....................4................4................9.........................11.1

John Sheridan.................2001................2001................0...................1.................0................1...........................0.0

Tony Philliskirk................2005................2005................0....................0................1................1...........................0.0

Edited by singe

It's very narrow to assume that players wouldn't be affected by the Evans circus. The whole club was affected, and you could sense it.

Not to mention our manager deciding to leave us when we were within a couple of points of 6th spot, and subsequently to compound it, our chairman threw in the towel for the season.

Is it still affecting us? Our form never picked up again and we have had 3 different managers since then?

Same thing is happening to LJ at Barnsley isnt it? startred really well and now cant turn things around. Maybe its his plans that are not working now & affected us last season?

Its very narrow & naive in my view to assume footballers actually give a :censored: about that sort of thing and its very easy to blame it for last season. What about this season?

Im viewing it with hindsight obviously but most of last season players are still here and are still not getting the job done. Im actually sick of giving them an easy way out...

Is it still affecting us? Our form never picked up again and we have had 3 different managers since then?

Same thing is happening to LJ at Barnsley isnt it? startred really well and now cant turn things around. Maybe its his plans that are not working now & affected us last season?

Its very narrow & naive in my view to assume footballers actually give a :censored: about that sort of thing and its very easy to blame it for last season. What about this season?

Im viewing it with hindsight obviously but most of last season players are still here and are still not getting the job done. Im actually sick of giving them an easy way out...

It's not necessarily that footballers give a :censored: though. The club is broader than a few footballers.

I'm not saying it's still affecting them, either. We were in :censored:e form when it came out we were looking to sign him, but I believe it changed something within the club that we had post-December that has never been recovered. Can't put my finger on what it is. Apathy/disunity? Something along those lines.

Nor do I think it was as important as Johnson leaving. That was the biggie that :censored:ed us over. Whether that could've been mended with a better choice of manager than Holden is unknown.

No excuses this season for the players though. They're a bottleless bunch who should be doing far better.

He would only last 30 mins. and be far to slow.

We are playing a lower league team remember, he could destroy them in one half.

As long as he doesn't leave it too long he might quickly recover the level of fitness he's built up over nearly 20 years of Premiership & Championship training....

That will be a far higher level than most league one players....