Southend at Home

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is very silly. We put on a cracking offer to get people down and put silly barriers in place to stop people doing so. Why not promote it right and pay on the night?

And if too many turn up five minutes before kick off and miss half the game they'll get slaughtered. Advance sales for a bargain sounds sensible to me

The statement says its part of a push to get fans to buy tickets online. I think it may of been better if you got £5 for booking online or by phone and £7 on the night rather than full price on the night.

That may not have been enough differential - as it is it's a big saving to get a ticket online and that's the emphasis

That may not have been enough differential - as it is it's a big saving to get a ticket online and that's the emphasis

Whilst I do tend to agree, I work in retail and you would not believe the amount of people kicking of because they had to part with an extra 5p for a bag, I have seen people use money off coupons for as little as 1p. I understand what the club are trying to do, but not having it cheap for those who just want to turn up could and I will suggest will knock a good few 100 off the total crowd. I guess time will tell.

Stand outside the ticket office. Ring them. Genius!

Great prices though.

Sounds the most sensible solution to a poorly thought out initiative. Phone in advance then queue on night at ticket office to get your ticket....stupid.

Edited by pk200

Next door to a giveaway and we get the usual 'they should have done this or that'.

If you seriously want to go Just Get On The Bloody Phone or do what you normally do.

I think what people are saying is that if people could just turn up and pay a fiver it would have a bigger uptake than having to phone and pre buy tickets. Its an obsticle for people to use as a reason to not go.

Fair play to the club though for the offer I just think that not having it a fiver on the day will result in the club not getting the maximum uptake.

Having said that am going to try and get as many people as possible who I know are not Latics fans going to the game next Tuesday and currently have 2 extra people coming along. Bless them, have no idea what they are letting themselves in for :)

I think what people are saying is that if people could just turn up and pay a fiver it would have a bigger uptake than having to phone and pre buy tickets. Its an obsticle for people to use as a reason to not go.

Fair play to the club though for the offer I just think that not having it a fiver on the day will result in the club not getting the maximum uptake.

Having said that am going to try and get as many people as possible who I know are not Latics fans going to the game next Tuesday and currently have 2 extra people coming along. Bless them, have no idea what they are letting themselves in for :)

It's a good idea & timed well.

Nobody is disadvantaged, a number of people will take advantage.

Just leave it at that :lol:

On a wet Tuesday night with our form against Southend you couldn't get 4000 to turn out if you gave tickets away because we are competing against Champions League on the telly. Now you could have got a better response next Tuesday in the FA Cup but Mansfield and the FA would have to agree to that.

Can't fault them for trying.

I think the club are trying to get a commitment from fans. Tuesday night coming up to Christmas is hardly likely to attract too much interest even at a fiver. The club have clearly stated that the offer is to help fans with financing 3 home games, this means regular fans in my view. The casuals wouldn't come anyway if it was a foul night.