crowdfunding survey

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet you was saying how important it was to give them £20 every two weeks ?

Consistency or joined up thinking lacking here ^^^^

Ah...and you cried about things being taken out of context the other day :laught30:

I've more confidence that my ST money (and matchday tickets) goes towards the running of the club (because we would have no club otherwise) than some set aside scheme like this...whereby the last one (The Scoreboard Fund) was specifically taken and not used for the purpose it was meant for. Some might allege fraudulently! Hence my comments stating what, as fans, would be required for us to have any trust in such a scheme in future. I hope you took the opportunity to put your views to the club as I did as you seem to be mixing me up with someone who thinks our board members/owner are doing a good job.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Ah...and you cried about things being taken out of context the other day :laught30:

I've more confidence that my ST money (and matchday tickets) goes towards the running of the club (because we would have no club otherwise) than some set aside scheme like this...whereby the last one (The Scoreboard Fund) was specifically taken and not used for the purpose it was meant for. Some might allege fraudulently! Hence my comments stating what, as fans, would be required for us to have any trust in such a scheme in future. I hope you took the opportunity to put your views to the club as I did as you seem to be mixing me up with someone who thinks our board members/owner are doing a good job.

^This. Trust oversight could play a useful role in ensuring the money goes where it's meant to go.

Definitely not the way to look at it if you want subscribers...

Glad Frankly latched onto that point anyway. To me it's there for a gamble as much as anything else. Somebody we genuinely might not have tried to invest in had we not had the money. The idea of a percentage of profit returning to Playershare sounds brilliant too. Don't know how that works though with third parties and that.

There's always a bit of romance and a story about a non-league player, which you can get fans to invest in...

I think Playershare would benefit from a more specific goal/target rather than just a fund for the then manager to use. I don't know what sort of figures we're talking about when a player is unveiled as a playershare signing, but if you take a "big name" signing what does it cover? Signing on fee? 2 or 3 months wages? As deyres commented, we're effectively adding a small amount to the wage bill, not funding a player entirely.

I really liked the idea that someone had (sorry, can't remember who) of taking on a youth team player at the end of each season who would have otherwise been let go for financial reasons. That sort of contribution may even pay their wage for a year.

We have a youth set up winning national trophies yet some are let go because we can't afford to keep them. That to me seems like a worthwhile cause to fund rather than a few weeks wages of someone with no connection to the club on a short term contract. Might even help the disconnect currently between fans and club.

Chris Moore did a seat sale / sponsor a seat.

There was a scoreboard fund set up when TTA arrived. I presume that went somewhere.....?

I'd forgotten about that. How much was raised and what was the official line on what happened to the money?

• 3 weeks later...

I think Playershare would benefit from a more specific goal/target rather than just a fund for the then manager to use. I don't know what sort of figures we're talking about when a player is unveiled as a playershare signing, but if you take a "big name" signing what does it cover? Signing on fee? 2 or 3 months wages? As deyres commented, we're effectively adding a small amount to the wage bill, not funding a player entirely.

I really liked the idea that someone had (sorry, can't remember who) of taking on a youth team player at the end of each season who would have otherwise been let go for financial reasons. That sort of contribution may even pay their wage for a year.

We have a youth set up winning national trophies yet some are let go because we can't afford to keep them. That to me seems like a worthwhile cause to fund rather than a few weeks wages of someone with no connection to the club on a short term contract. Might even help the disconnect currently between fans and club.

Twas I. Underdog is going to find out if the payers released werenpurely football reasons or an element if only being given able to take a certain number on.

Can we use crowdfunding to get some extra turnstiles opened in the North Stand? Two at each end today - crazy.

And more than 2 staff on the food/drink kiosks, the amount of fans who gave up queuing is nothing short of scandalous, pints being pulled one by one to order by two staff if frankly a piss take. From now on in I'm taking refreshments with me, I would spend £20 on a matchday but the club obviously have that much money mine isn't needed.

And more than 2 staff on the food/drink kiosks, the amount of fans who gave up queuing is nothing short of scandalous, pints being pulled one by one to order by two staff if frankly a piss take. From now on in I'm taking refreshments with me, I would spend £20 on a matchday but the club obviously have that much money mine isn't needed.

Sounds like everything's done on the cheap at this club.

What a time to launch fan-funding:

When the club have spunked half a million quid up the wall and want fans to dip into their pockets to buy them stuff.

Oldham Athletic: PR experts

Edit: when I think about it, who is actually arsed enough to pay for a scoreboard?

Edited by NewBlue

What a time to launch fan-funding:

When the club have spunked half a million quid up the wall and want fans to dip into their pockets to buy them stuff.

Oldham Athletic: PR experts

Edit: when I think about it, who is actually arsed enough to pay for a scoreboard?

They will find it tough to find people stupid enough to pay £350 a season or £22 a match soon never mind paying for other projects the club should be funding, hows about a big fat :censored: off to your crowd funding idea.

I might reconsider once the club isn't being raped for every penny they can get, my matchday spend from now on in is going to be zero and I'm 50/50 as to jacking my financial support in all together, the only way you will hurt this guy is in the pocket I'm afraid.

Cheeky :censored:ing barstards.