Correct Corney has said money is being made available to strengthen, if we are going to fanny about and do it half hearted we may as well go with what we've got.

Once again it looks amateur and lacking in conviction, I suppose its a symptom of having a chairman who considers the football team as a distraction when flying in to Oldham to sort out his real business interests.

Christ that is a big jump and a lot of assuming. Shez was only appointed 6 days ago. You don't sign players overnight. That's presuming the players Shez wants still want to come. Then, we may have to negotiate with a club.

You are also assuming they are not here already. They might have been training all week.

Just because it's not announced does not mean there is no one in place.

Your logic is bizarre. Corney has said money is available, yet in the the next sentence you accuse him of being distracted. It makes no sense.

How can you know where any, if there are any, stumbling blocks are.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other factor of course is that players agents know the situation at Oldham ... we don't have the means to pay transfer fees or big wages so they don't bother throwing any names into the media spotlight - hence no news or indeed media gossip. It's left to the fans speculation. Good luck with that one lads!

Christ that is a big jump and a lot of assuming. Shez was only appointed 6 days ago. You don't sign players overnight. That's presuming the players Shez wants still want to come. Then, we may have to negotiate with a club.

You are also assuming they are not here already. They might have been training all week.

Just because it's not announced does not mean there is no one in place.

Your logic is bizarre. Corney has said money is available, yet in the the next sentence you accuse him of being distracted. It makes no sense.

How can you know where any, if there are any, stumbling blocks are.

All I know is the teams around us are recruiting, in fact Blackpool and Shrewsbury have signed players who may well have preffered to sign for us, of course there are going to be stumbling blocks but we need players yesterday the fact Corney has said funds are available means jack :censored: to me the blokes got previous for failing to deliver.

All I know is the teams around us are recruiting, in fact Blackpool and Shrewsbury have signed players who may well have preffered to sign for us, of course there are going to be stumbling blocks but we need players yesterday the fact Corney has said funds are available means jack :censored: to me the blokes got previous for failing to deliver.

We usually announce any signings on thursday/friday before games. Only announce early in week if it's either transfer window closing then or in time for a Tuesday game.

Oldham Athletic in new manager assessing the squad shocker.

Maybe Shez has his sights on players who will improve the quality of our team and talks are ongoing. I know we desperately need some players, but I'd rather he spend time getting the right ones in ready for the fight than signing no marks who aren't up to the task just to appease the fans wth quick signings.

I hope Shez pulls one or two rabbits out of the hat which are worth waiting for.

Of course, if it turns out like his January 2008 window where we only ended up with David Livermore at the 11th hour, then by all rights lay in to him. But Shez has been manager for A WEEK, it's probably not quite long enough to assess a squad for its strengths and weaknesses plus identify and sign the quality of player we require to improve.

Give the bloke a chance.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Interestingly a poll in the local paper says that Shrewsbury fans have little confidence in their squad - additions included - being able to stay up

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2016/01/20/micky-mellon-town-squad-is-good-enough/

Interestingly a poll in the local paper says that Shrewsbury fans have little confidence in their squad - additions included - being able to stay up

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2016/01/20/micky-mellon-town-squad-is-good-enough/[/

Shrewsbury's home form is pretty poor, underlining what a massive game next Tuesday is.

We're bottom of the home league table of course on seven points, then it's Crewe on 9, then the Shrews on 11. Chesterfield are fourth bottom on 12.

In the away league table, we are 15th. Millwall are third. Bury are 18th. Colchester, Blackpool, Fleetwood and Port Vale make up the bottom four.

Mvoto has been released by orient today!!

Coincidence!!??

I :censored:ing hope so!

We need a leader! Not someone who was led by a 19 yr old Tarky.

Scott Vernon could shoot us to promotion if we bring him in during this window!

Edited by palmer1

Maybe Shez has his sights on players who will improve the quality of our team and talks are ongoing. I know we desperately need some players, but I'd rather he spend time getting the right ones in ready for the fight than signing no marks who aren't up to the task just to appease the fans wth quick signings.

I hope Shez pulls one or two rabbits out of the hat which are worth waiting for.

Of course, if it turns out like his January 2008 window where we only ended up with David Livermore at the 11th hour, then by all rights lay in to him. But Shez has been manager for A WEEK, it's probably not quite long enough to assess a squad for its strengths and weaknesses plus identify and sign the quality of player we require to improve.

Give the bloke a chance.

Christ...I'd forgotten about that. Was that the same transfer window he foolishly tried to bring in Ian Thomas-Moore?

Anthony Gerrard has left Shrewsbury, and he was on a pay-for-free deal, apparently.

Can see us clamouring for him, taking into account deyeres post above. Bit unsettling that he's presumably been released by a club who aren't paying him...

Edit: the fans seem to reckon he's alright: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/91915/anthony-gerrard-appears-staying

Edited by NewBlue

Anthony Gerrard has left Shrewsbury, and he was on a pay-for-free deal, apparently.

Can see us clamouring for him, taking into account deyeres post above. Bit unsettling that he's presumably been released by a club who aren't paying him...

Edit: the fans seem to reckon he's alright: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/91915/anthony-gerrard-appears-staying

Fit and focused, he's fine. Just what we need. But it all unravelled when he was here. Last few games were poor. Still, worth a punt.

Wanted big money to stay beyond that deal I believe.

This is what I was talking about - a bit of detective work needed to get our interest going.

From the Chron...

Sheridan’s priority is to pin down a new centre-back, and we understand a former Championship defender from a southern club has been targeted as first choice. If that move can’t be finalised, there may be a return to the club for Jean-Yves Mvoto.

Is Shrewsbury a southern club?!