GMR Phone in Monday 25th Jan 6 till 7

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please let's not have any sycophantic fawning tonight.

Joy needs to be held to account.

Exactly this.

Opportunity tonight for proper questions that have been debated on here to be put to Neil Joy. New stand money into the club for players? Is budget there available now for the signings Shez wants? Rumours about main stand. And so on.

What we'll probably get is plenty of 'love you Shez, I've been going for 40 years, are you bringing in a centre back?'

No chance of any cutting questions making it to air. You'll have to tell the researcher you're going to ask one thing then ask another when you get on air. I doubt anyone will get a proper answer to any of the types of things that are questioned on here though even if you do manage to ask.

Please let's not have any sycophantic fawning tonight.

Joy needs to be held to account.

Exactly this.

Opportunity tonight for proper questions that have been debated on here to be put to Neil Joy. New stand money into the club for players? Is budget there available now for the signings Shez wants? Rumours about main stand. And so on.

I never get what it is that people get out of this - he'll either answer the questions in a satisfactory manner or an unsatisfactory manner. Whether it's Joy, Corney or whoever.

Then what?

If they give reassuring answers half of us won't believe them anyway and will just move onto the next thing to moan about.

I never get what it is that people get out of this - he'll either answer the questions in a satisfactory manner or an unsatisfactory manner. Whether it's Joy, Corney or whoever.

Then what?

If they give reassuring answers half of us won't believe them anyway and will just move onto the next thing to moan about.

A bit of honesty would be nice for a change.

Then what?

Would be good to hear that the club are working with the fans, understand concerns and have an actual plan in place for this season and beyond. On a personal level, it would affect in some way how often I go to games.

Would be good to hear that the club are working with the fans, understand concerns and have an actual plan in place for this season and beyond. On a personal level, it would affect in some way how often I go to games.

What do we want?! PR Bollocks

When do we want it?! Soon, so I can start going to more matches.

I don't think it is unreasonable to ask why the decision was take, whatever you think of him as a player, to sell our top scorer to a relegation rival?

If the answer is that the funds were needed to fund payoffs or that we are so far up the wall that any offers are acceptable then let's hear it directly.

I don't think it is unreasonable to ask why the decision was take, whatever you think of him as a player, to sell our top scorer to a relegation rival?

If the answer is that the funds were needed to fund payoffs or that we are so far up the wall that any offers are acceptable then let's hear it directly.

Are you going to ring up then? It's not an unreasonable question like you said.

What do we want?! PR Bollocks

When do we want it?! Soon, so I can start going to more matches.

Great points, well made.

For reference, PR bollocks would count as an unsatisfactory answer.

It's a huge effort to go to home games for me. Making that effort becomes more appealing if the club was showing to be well run and forward thinking.

I don't give a :censored: what Joy's got to say. Besides doing the club's books, he's just one of Corney's puppets. He won't say anything meaningful because he's not in a position to influence any of the things that really matter. Only the guys with the golden bricks can do that.

Great points, well made.

For reference, PR bollocks would count as an unsatisfactory answer.

It's a huge effort to go to home games for me. Making that effort becomes more appealing if the club was showing to be well run and forward thinking.

I know what you mean but, after everything, surely only seeing that actually happening would do rather than hearing it?

I know what you mean but, after everything, surely only seeing that actually happening would do rather than hearing it?

I guess it's the first step im after. Then any subsequent action can be held accountable. We've all heard various board members say good things about what's happening but they never actually get challenged on it. That's what I'd like to see. It might provoke some actual honesty rather than them just being allowed to say what they think the fans want to hear.

I think a direct question to Neil Joy asking for his clear plan to rebuild the state of apathy for the club as Sheridan is simply a small piece of a large puzzle might get aired. I fully expect a wishy washy answer though with reference to the stand now being the fundamental sign of progress.

Even Shez isn't enough to bring most fans back I want to know his plan to reconnect and convince fans to get back to watch the club

Edited by Blue_Guru