3 things are a concern,

Our run in.

Our lack of goals.

How competive the bottom 8 are. (Except Cov)

Hopefully we pick up a few more ugly wins, and scrape home.

Correct...out of our remaining fixtures,

Sheff U, Bolton & Fleetwood, are in the top 4 and competing for the automatic promotion places.

Southend, Millwall, Rochdale, Peterborough, Bristol R, Walsall & Oxford are all in the play off battle.

That leaves Northampton & Wimbledon away and Bury at home, the only team we have left to play who are in the bottom 9!!!

That's a really difficult run in and If we lose one or more of Clarke, Ripley or Holloway for any reason we'd have an almost impossible task.

Not as confident as others on here and nowhere near safe yet!!!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheff U, Bolton & Fleetwood, are in the top 4 and competing for the automatic promotion places.

Southend, Millwall, Rochdale, Peterborough, Bristol R, Walsall & Oxford are all in the play off battle.

That leaves Northampton & Wimbledon away and Bury at home, the only team we have left to play who are in the bottom 9!!!

That's a really difficult run in and If we lose one or more of Clarke, Ripley or Holloway for any reason we'd have an almost impossible task.

Some of those in the play offs will begin to tail off towards the end of the season so those fixtures should become easier.

It's not easy we are far from guaranteed to stay up just yet but I'm now confident that we will stay up without it going down to the last game.

Remember 6 weeks ago when everyone was saying throw the kids in we are already down?

Remember 6 weeks ago when everyone was saying throw the kids in we are already down?

That sort of comment often comes from those who think our leader is doing a good job and aren't arsed about having a tour around League Two clubs "as long as we have a club"

Edited by boundaryblue80

Wirh the exception of probably the top three, this league is its usual piss poor standard. It'll be a cold day in hell before I'm worrying about games against Oxford, Walsall and Fleetwood...

That sort of comment often comes from those who think our leader is doing a good job and aren't arsed about having a tour around League Two clubs "as long as we have a club"

I wouldn't say it's got anything to do with people's opinions on Corney many of his fierced critics advocated throwing in the towel.

So just as we weren't guaranteed to go down 6 weeks ago we aren't guaranteed to stay up now abd talk of the play offs while probably not meant literally on this thread is also laughable.

People usually paint things as better or worse than they actually are when the boring old truth is somewhere in the middle on in our case 17th.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Watching the Sutton game on that lovely plastic somebody said something like the quality of teams has improved across the divisions. Now what I think they might have meant is that the quality of defending has improved across the divisions when the lower teams are motivated by the idea of getting a scalp.

This was the Robinson way which, because our team was not sufficiently motivated every league 1 game, leads to boring possession/defensive crap. Fortunately we now play the Shez way which means trying to win rather than trying to avoid defeat.

So yes we have seen a great deal of crap because teams try not to make mistakes rather than taking a risk in order to score. Teams are probably better organised but worse as a result for us spectators. Bring back the Royle 4 2 4!

Watching the Sutton game on that lovely plastic somebody said something like the quality of teams has improved across the divisions. Now what I think they might have meant is that the quality of defending has improved across the divisions when the lower teams are motivated by the idea of getting a scalp.

This was the Robinson way which, because our team was not sufficiently motivated every league 1 game, leads to boring possession/defensive crap. Fortunately we now play the Shez way which means trying to win rather than trying to avoid defeat.

So yes we have seen a great deal of crap because teams try not to make mistakes rather than taking a risk in order to score. Teams are probably better organised but worse as a result for us spectators. Bring back the Royle 4 2 4!

At home I agree re Shez. Away from home so far we have played for a point in each game.

To be fair in four of the last five games we've set up not to get beat, particularly at Chesterfield, MK and Swindon. We got four points out of those three so in some respects its been job done.

We've still only scored nine in nine since Shez returned and eight of those nine games have been against teams in and around the bottom half of the table, still plenty of work to do and we have a huge week next week where we need at least six points from three games.

People talking about current league positions but not looking at current form. Shez is our current form. We would stay up on current form, we would even stay up on season so far form. Are people expecting a down turn in form? The form of some of those teams above us has collapsed or is now much worse than ours.

I don't think anyone rationally can look at the table and the fixtures left and say we are safe.

We are out of the drop zone on the smallest of margins and goals are still a problem.

I think that Sheridan will keep us up, but we are more at risk of relegation than we are of the play offs.

The players need to feel that we are fighting for our lives. Once we get to 50 points I will think we are safe, until then we are in a relegation scrap.

We've nicked a point after being battered for nearly the whole game by a team in the bottom 3 and just about managed to hang on to a win at home against the bottom club.

In my opinion we have been extremely fortunate to grab 4 points from our last 2 games. We are up to our necks in a relegation scrap and still a long long way from safety at this moment in time.

We've nicked a point after being battered for nearly the whole game by a team in the bottom 3 and just about managed to hang on to a win at home against the bottom club.

In my opinion we have been extremely fortunate to grab 4 points from our last 2 games. We are up to our necks in a relegation scrap and still a long long way from safety at this moment in time.

This all day.

No pleasing some people...

Talk of play offs is horse :censored:, next you will be saying if Shez was here at the start of the season we would of won the Champions league :laught16::laught16:

Riiiiiiight.

The two statements are definitely in the same ball park aren't they.

People are looking up a bit more than looking down. That's all.