46 was enough last season and this season at the same stage the bottom 4 have less points however some have played a game less than at this stage last season

2015-16

After we'd played 31 games...23/2/16

17th Doncaster P32 Pts 36 GD - 6

18th Blackpool P32 Pts 36 GD - 9

19th Chesterfield P32 34 Pts GD -10

20th Fleetwood P31 33Pts GD -3

21st Shrewsbury P31 33 Pts GD -14

22nd Oldham P31 32 Pts GD -11

23rd Crewe P32 28 Pts GD - 22

24th Colchester P32 Pts 23 GD -38

What's clear to see is that two teams dropped like a stone this year I think Vale and Northampton could be in trouble.

However, we're not the team with games in hand this year so the sooner we get a cushion the better.

12 February 2017

17th Shrewsbury P31 35 Pts GD -11

18th Gills P30 34 Pts GD -9

19th Vale P29 Pts 33 GD 33

20th Oldham P31 Pts 31 GD -13

21st Bury P31 Pts 30 GD -12

22nd Swindon P31 Pts 29 GD -17

23rd Chesterfield P30 26 Pts GD -20

24th Coventry P30 Pts 21 GD - 22

What's apparent is that our upturn in fortunes is dragging at least the 4 teams above us into s potential scrap. From where we were a month ago it's encouraging. We've 5 games against the bottom half to play and 10 against top half teams. 15 games and 45 points to play for...

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 6 wins will be difficult to find. Hope I am wrong.

You never know

Here's some where we have a chance

Feb

Swindon A

March

Bury H

Oxford H

April

Fleetwood H

Rochdale H

AFC A

That's all leaving it a bit late though, we need 2 more wins in March I think to settle

We'll pick them up with relative ease and end up with Jamie Stott, Glackin and Mantack playing the last 3 games as we finish 18th...

Disappointing fail there Paddy! You, I and everyone else knows that 17th place is eternally ours! :lol1:

As for number of wins to stay up...4 and 5 draws will do it. 48pts will be more than enough...2 teams are down already in my eyes. There's no way that the 7 or 8 teams now in the mix for the last 2 places will all get 5 or 6 wins apiece.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Disappointing fail there Paddy! You, I and everyone else knows that 17th place is eternally ours! :lol1:

As for number of wins to stay up...4 and 5 draws will do it. 48pts will be more than enough...2 teams are down already in my eyes. There's no way that the 7 or 8 teams now in the mix for the last 2 places will all get 5 or 6 wins apiece.

Shez doesn't do draws.