• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk of play offs is horse :censored:, next you will be saying if Shez was here at the start of the season we would of won the Champions league :laught16::laught16:

The playoffs chat, I'm pretty sure, is tongue in cheek.

I also reckon nobody will be saying that if Sheridan was here at the start of the season, we'd win the Champions League. It's actually impossible as we didn't qualify for that tournament...

We've nicked a point after being battered for nearly the whole game by a team in the bottom 3 and just about managed to hang on to a win at home against the bottom club.

In my opinion we have been extremely fortunate to grab 4 points from our last 2 games. We are up to our necks in a relegation scrap and still a long long way from safety at this moment in time.

At this stage of the season, it's the results matter, not the manner in which they are gained. I couldn't care less if Latics only have 10% possession and one shot on goal, as long as they win. How many times in the past have Latics had shots on goal in the high teens or low twenties and been undone with a sucker punch? More times than I care to remember. It's about time the shoe went on the other foot.

Indeed .......

But just out of curiosity is it still possible to get enough wins to finish as champions?

:blush: asking for a friend

Impossible is nothing.

I still believe the Lions can overcome 40 point deficits with just two minutes to play.

It goes without saying that the Lions cannot overcome 40 point deficits when only two minutes have been played.

All out for the play offs mon ami.

Looking at the remaining fixtures we have probably the most difficult run in of all the teams around us.

Reckon we need 5 wins but struggling to see where we would get them due to lack of goals , dont want to be going to wimbledon final game needing a point or three !!!!

Looking at the remaining fixtures we have probably the most difficult run in of all the teams around us.

Reckon we need 5 wins but struggling to see where we would get them due to lack of goals , dont want to be going to wimbledon final game needing a point or three !!!!

We won't need 5 wins. 3 wins and 3 draws. 48pts. Safety (more would be nice but won't be necessary.)

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to to beat any of the teams we have to play. They're all League One teams and more than capable of serving up dross.

• 2 weeks later...