Stats wise, the omens are with us.

Lowest Last 6 games

Cov........ W0 D1 L4

Port Vale.W0 D3 L3

Swindon..W1 D0 L5

Rochdale W1 D2 L3

Gillingham have won 1 drawn 5

We're 5th 4 0 2 Shrewsbury top with 4 1 1

Bury have the longest run without victory at 16 games this season, Coventry currently on 15 games without a win

Swindon currently on 5 game losing strek, though Bury had that record for the season with 12.

For 8 games which is Christmas /New Year time Bottom 6, we're 4th.

Pl W D L F A GD Pts

19 AFC Wimbledon....8 1 4 3 6 14 -8 7
20 Chesterfield..........8 1 3 4 3 8 -5 6
21 Port Vale...............8 1 3 4 6 12 -6 6
22 Gillingham.............8 0 5 3 8 11 -3 5
23 Swindon Town.......8 1 2 5 5 9 -4 5
24 Coventry City........8 0 3 5 6 14 -8 3

Edited by singe

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stats wise, the omens are with us.

Lowest Last 6 games

Cov........ W0 D1 L4

Port Vale.W0 D3 L3

Swindon..W1 D0 L5

Rochdale W1 D2 L3

Gillingham have won 1 drawn 5

We're 5th 4 0 2 Shrewsbury top with 4 1 1

Bury have the longest run without victory at 16 games this season, Coventry currently on 15 games without a win

Swindon currently on 5 game losing strek, though Bury had that record for the season with 12.

For 8 games which is Christmas /New Year time Bottom 6, we're 4th.

Pl W D L F A GD Pts

19 AFC Wimbledon....8 1 4 3 6 14 -8 7

20 Chesterfield..........8 1 3 4 3 8 -5 6

21 Port Vale...............8 1 3 4 6 12 -6 6

22 Gillingham.............8 0 5 3 8 11 -3 5

23 Swindon Town.......8 1 2 5 5 9 -4 5

24 Coventry City........8 0 3 5 6 14 -8 3

And Shrewsbury wouldn't be top without Ladapo.

Over the last eight games we sit fourth in the form table.

If you count only the first 95 minutes at Stadium Franchis we're second.

Back Shez properly next season and we could challenge.

With Calrke and Gerrard as the back bone, we could really start better than we have for years. Of course, it needs quite a few additons

Still, we're not out of the woods yet, if Conor Ripley gets injured....

Our core currentsquad is signed up for next year.

GK

Clarke

Gerrard

Flynn

McLaughlin (Not sure where to put him!)

Fane

Oliie Banks

Holloway

Obvisouly some will play more, or less, but the basis of a squad and manager for next year is in place.

With Calrke and Gerrard as the back bone, we could really start better than we have for years. Of course, it needs quite a few additons

GK

Clarke

Gerrard

Flynn

Fane

Oliie Banks

Holloway

Obvisouly some will play more, or less, but the basis of a squad and manager for next year is in place.

Dummigan?

GK

Clarke

Gerrard

Flynn

Fane

Oliie Banks

Holloway

You think that's the basis of a squad?!

GK

Clarke

Gerrard

Flynn

Fane

Oliie Banks

Holloway

Did not think we had Clarke signed for next year

Cameron Dummigan is here next season

Ryan McLaughlin - needs the option for next season activating

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Shez has done a fantastic job and has given us a real chance of staying up. To start talking about this squad as giving us the foundations on which to build a genuinely competitive team next season, I am far from convinced. How many of our current squad would get into the starting eleven of Sheff Utd, Scunthorpe, Bolton, Bradford etc? I would suggest that the answer is 2 and neither of them will be with us next year. There is a cornerstone of a team that could stay up more comfortably next year but I struggle to see past that at this point.

This isn't supposed to be downbeat, it is simply an emphasis of what an amazing job Shez is doing with pretty ordinary squad.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Shez has done a fantastic job and has given us a real chance of staying up. To start talking about this squad as giving us the foundations on which to build a genuinely competitive team next season, I am far from convinced. How many of our current squad would get into the starting eleven of Sheff Utd, Scunthorpe, Bolton, Bradford etc? I would suggest that the answer is 2 and neither of them will be with us next year. There is a cornerstone of a team that could stay up more comfortably next year but I struggle to see past that at this point.

This isn't supposed to be downbeat, it is simply an emphasis of what an amazing job Shez is doing with pretty ordinary squad.

I'd rather we concentrated on this seasons playoff push before we start talking about next years....

GK

Clarke

Gerrard

Flynn

Fane

Oliie Banks

Holloway

Keep the sherry cupboard locked in future :laught16:

Without the lows you don't get the highs but do we really need to go so low?

How would we feel if the team had just bumped along in 18th position?

Slightly nervous and somewhat resigned whereas now I feel rather good. Trouble is on the way we have lost a few more supporters who can't take the lows.

I also think we are likely to make a break from tradition and go to AFC Wimbledon with the possibility of finishing in the top half. Dizzy heights.

I really do think people do need to read.

It's a better basis of a squad than for a few years, I didn't say the basis of a Champions by Christmas squad, or even play offs.

The ones mentioned are beginning to make a decent fist of a points total. Our form since Shez came online is so much better.

I did say it could all go tits up. We may even be relegated with a record number of clean sheets.

I didn't list the entire squad, it state the basis. I left Dummigan out because he is not a regular on the team sheet.

The key is Shez and some stability.

Perhaps I should have emphasised I meant as a perennial struggle till Christmas, I just thought it was a given.

Is anyone capable of an adult discussion, instead of Trump-esque pronouncements.

I really do think people do need to read.

It's a better basis of a squad than for a few years, I didn't say the basis of a Champions by Christmas squad, or even play offs.

The ones mentioned are beginning to make a decent fist of a points total. Our form since Shez came online is so much better.

I did say it could all go tits up. We may even be relegated with a record number of clean sheets.

I didn't list the entire squad, it state the basis. I left Dummigan out because he is not a regular on the team sheet.

The key is Shez and some stability.

Perhaps I should have emphasised I meant as a perennial struggle till Christmas, I just thought it was a given.

Is anyone capable of an adult discussion, instead of Trump-esque pronouncements.

Totally agree! What's happened to dummmmmigandamnan ? Looked a shadow of the loan player we had ? Is the official line injured? Or does Shez not rate him ? Has he just got to comfortable now he has a contract or has he just turned to dog:censored: overnight?

Totally agree! What's happened to dummmmmigandamnan ? Looked a shadow of the loan player we had ? Is the official line injured? Or does Shez not rate him ? Has he just got to comfortable now he has a contract or has he just turned to dog:censored: overnight?

He looked to have contracted what Joseph Mills had

I think reading webposts is a general problem Singe; they are just skim read if they are more than a couple of lines long.

I posted something the other day (not here) which ended with "just for the sake of clarity I hold no brief for Trump.

The response was a page long diatribe that accused me of supporting sexism, racism, misogyny, child abuse, warmongering etc. and generally being the lowest form of scum on the planet because they had read "no brief for Trump" as "no beef with Trump" and therefore had me down as a rabid supporter. I'm not holding my breath for an apology