Oldham v Gillingham

Great to see the heads staying up after going a goal down.

Pre Shez, whenever we went a goal down at home, any confidence they had immediately dissapeared and you knew we were unlikely to get anything from the game.

It was also good to see us continue to create good chances after going in front rather than packing 11 men behind the ball and hoping to cling on.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that is a first this season.

An enjoyable game at BP first and foremost, and then following it up with a great 3 points and walking out of the ground on a high.

Gerrard is a natural leader and in a Gregan-esqe manner leads the defense.

Palmer is a gifted footballer who almost never gives the ball away, always looks for it, and is the player that I wish Winchester was.

Holloway and Main upfront. Immense today, genuinely strong and powerful (trying to remember the last time we had this type of forward player and cannot - Sean McCarthy maybe?) and held the ball up. Also, when got the ball ran towards goal.

Happy happy days.

That's 2 homes wins this season and I've missed them both, :censored: it who cares. Get in! Mrs V took me away for my birthday against my better judgement, but when booked it January it seemed like a good idea, Gillingham at home or a night on the piss in a fancy gaff in North Yorkshire. The locals were most bemused when I jumped up at five to five and shouted 'get the :censored: in' when I saw the result. Bring on Tuesday!

Have been AWOL from home with postponements and illness since before Xmas and "ummed and arred" about going today...glad I bloody well did.

There GK pulled off two great saves before they scored, one from a free kick another with his feet when diving and I thought then, it's not our day. There goal was well placed in top corner really am not too sure if Coleman could do anything about it TBH.

Second half Coleman pulled off a couple of good saves, one he finger tipped over the chaddy end bar, Dieng goal was a deft little back header and Forte, well I didn't even see him ghost in to stick it in and up to that point I thought he was going to come off as he movement was not good event when walking. Don't know why Gerrard headed goal was not given, looked to me like the ref had given it at one stage.

Got to say that Palmer kid has the look of Nicky Henry about him, had to take a second oggle and all..heheh.

Hope our new number 10 is okay, unlucky with the glancing header but looked like he hurt/jarred his left knee when landing.

Phew! Hopefully the belief is now there and we can kick on. Bloody brilliant

Glass in hand too

Edited by underdog

I still had that down and out attitude at half time, 1-0 down, we've just huffed and puffed in that position all season.

The fight Shez has instilled though is there to see, as above, players like Palmer wanted the ball, Holloway was giving his centre half nightmares and Main was doing a lot of running.

In an ideal world it'd have been nice to see a goal from one of the front two, which is still a little bit of a worry going forward, but the work they are doing otherwise is fantastic.

Defensively the mistakes appear to be a thing of the past, Wilson looks much more comfortable at right back and Gerrard and Dieng brilliant at centre back. Lapses at the back don't look inevitable now.

Just a real sense of positivity coming out of the ground today. We're not going to become free scoring with this team obviously, but stay tight at the back and nick a goal or two in games and we're on our way.

The results from the last 4 games say a lot about us! Fans seem energised and the players permances echo it. Who can honestly hold there hands up and say they thought we'd take any points from the Wigan and gillingham matches before last week?

Guest nonaenever

Finally we have a manager...

Total agreement - we would now be dead and buried under Mr "One cap been there done it" Rovers/Dunn. Shez has a special affinity with the fans and is actually getting the best out of what he has - and making the whole team perform an extra 20/30% over and above what they did for Dunn. Well done to the board for, at last, making the right appointment. THIS TIME stick with the man, no matter what happens come the end of this season, and you will be richly rewarded.

Well that is a first this season.

An enjoyable game at BP first and foremost, and then following it up with a great 3 points and walking out of the ground on a high.

Gerrard is a natural leader and in a Gregan-esqe manner leads the defense.

Palmer is a gifted footballer who almost never gives the ball away, always looks for it, and is the player that I wish Winchester was.

Holloway and Main upfront. Immense today, genuinely strong and powerful (trying to remember the last time we had this type of forward player and cannot - Sean McCarthy maybe?) and held the ball up. Also, when got the ball ran towards goal.

Happy happy days.

i will second this post

Stuck. Couple of quid on us at half time - celebratory supper paid for.

Definitely got the bug back all I ask is we look like we give a :censored: and that will always do for me...

6 weeks ago Peterborough could've GTF now I'm gutted I can't go...

Peterborough at home was one the worst displays at BP in living memory. We've had a few, but that is right up there. They humiliated us. Fair play, they deserved to batter us and, actually, it could've been double figures.

Tuesday gives us a chance to restore some pride. I think we just might be up for it.

What a :censored:ing great day, proud to be a blue tonight, fantastic showing from the boys.

And James Wilson, take a bow son, David Beckham would've been proud of that cross for the winner.

I did also make that very same comparison. 'Here's a cross. just tuck it in lads!' I had almost forgotten what a very decent ball in from a Latics player looked like.

Take a bow also Palmer and Holloway but Curtis Main-what a effing shift he put in?

A couple of quality crosses from Wilson, he also did a few in the 1st half against Wigan. Good to see Gerrard giving him a bollocking and not sulking after it.

The disgust in Gerrard's eyes when Wilson wimped out of that challenge was a sight. Amongst other obscenities shouted in the subsequent bollocking, he seemed to be cupping his balls and asking if Wilson had any. He had a point. Fair play though, Wilson got on with the job after that.

The disgust in Gerrard's eyes when Wilson wimped out of that challenge was a sight. Amongst other obscenities shouted in the subsequent bollocking, he seemed to be cupping his balls and asking if Wilson had any. He had a point. Fair play though, Wilson got on with the job after that.

I did notice that, but missed the holding of the bollocks bit.