On to the next - Scunthorpe v Oldham

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also speed cam on motorway Humberside police on revenue collection scam

Absolutely. M180, there's a speed camera warning sign, and there's a very good chance it'll be on the verge after the bridge.

I've family in Scunny and go there often. The camera tends to be there on match days.

Take care.

Nope. It's a myth the whole 10% thing according to my speed awareness course this week! ?

It is - different police forces use different standards - GMP for example are usually fairly lenient ie 80 on a motorway and the ignore it generally speaking but Lancashire are very strict and do you within a couple of mph over the limit

It is - different police forces use different standards - GMP for example are usually fairly lenient ie 80 on a motorway and the ignore it generally speaking but Lancashire are very strict and do you within a couple of mph over the limit

I can agree with this. As part of my job I come across this stuff and from speaking with a traffic enforcement officer the general rule of thumb is 10% +2 on any speed limit so 50mph = 57mph. This only applies to the mobile cameras in vans that they operate on site as far as i'm aware. So with the fixed cameras there's no leeway.

Obviously it's always best to stick as close as possible to the speed limit just in case!

My brother-in-law is a Lancs traffic cop and he told me they're not that bothered unless you're going over 80.

If it was in London I could have you for parking on the verges. What a lost opportunity :(

Think they were doing so in Scunthorpe, went the long way round trying to find a spot on the aforementioned verges, saw the full lay-by and empty verges, with signs, and thought better of it. Parked in a space in the Travellodge last year, those parked on the roads got tickets.

It's a pain to get away from, but slightly better than the official car park where despite being first in the queue one year it took me 10 minutes to be allowed out.