Season Tickets 2016-17 (Ticket Hotline: 0161 785 5150)

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/revised-dates-for-season-ticket-offer-2996046.aspx

Fair play to the club. They could have been gits about this and said the offer expired last Friday, but they've extended the opportunity to get the whole £200 off until the 14th.

More people should be able to find the cash now.

Also says 1000 people have bought STs.

It's a good move. One that may allow a few that couldn't take full advantage at such short notice to get on board.

If it just lets people get the final one after another pay day then the chance of saving £50 isn't to be sniffed at. Personally I'm glad the offer pushed us to find the money anyway, the finance offer is great but better still to pay up if you can.

Call me a sceptic, but will the club have the funds to return back to us if we win a few games? I know a normal business would lump all the funds received into one pot ready to do a partial Credit but we know OAFC is not a normal business.

I'm actually considering this for next season if I can get my brother interested. Even if I only made half of the games it would be a decent investment

Put it on a Credit Card as previously explained by others (covers various reasons.) NB Not Amex-that is a charge-card not a Credit Card

Do not pay off the balance in full. Await the credit! Settle the balance. Any problems then involve the Credit Card Company-insist on it.

Put it on a Credit Card as previously explained by others (covers various reasons.) NB Not Amex-that is a charge-card not a Credit Card

Do not pay off the balance in full. Await the credit! Settle the balance. Any problems then involve the Credit Card Company-insist on it.

Most AMEX cards are credit cards. Not sure the club accept them though.

£1 on a credit card and £349 on a debit card gives you Section 75 Consumer Credit Act protection for all £350.

Most AMEX cards are credit cards. Not sure the club accept them though.

£1 on a credit card and £349 on a debit card gives you Section 75 Consumer Credit Act protection for all £350.

If I was holding a Amex card I would check that out-It wasnt the case when I had 1, granted a few years ago.

I was also talked round by a shop keeper in Stratford-upon-Avon to not use it since it was very expensive for him in charges.

I would also put it all on a credit card so that you can make them directly jointly and several liable in full by, if necessary, refusing to pay the bill

Edited by ChaddySmoker

If I was holding a Amex card I would check that out-It wasnt the case when I had 1, granted a few years ago.

If you are contractually required to clear the balance in full it's a charge card. If the allow you to spread the cost (quoting APR etc) it's a credit card.

I was also talked round by a shop keeper in Stratford-upon-Avon to not use it since it was very expensive for him in charges.

Yes, they are.

I would also put it all on a credit card so that you can make them directly jointly and several liable in full by, if necessary, refusing to pay the bill

A good way to trash your credit file.

Over 1,000 sold so far according to the Chron.

Rarely wrong...

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/revised-dates-for-season-ticket-offer-2996046.aspx

"There has been a fantastic response to our unique Season Ticket offer with over 1,000 supporters taking advantage of the deal which could save them £200 on their 2016/17 Season Ticket." - Tuesday

How will it affect us with regards to FFP and budgets, it's great the fans may be set to save £200,000+ but how does that impact on next seasons playing budget and our ability to compete?

They've got to win 4 games first, which won't happen.

FFP doesn't apply in L1 and 2.

Won't it be that with each transaction going to be £350 to begin with that we will be covered as to how it affects our budget?

It's the club choice to then potentially give us back £200.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't income based which doesn't care about what you paid initially it's about the bottom line income figure.

Of course, the money from the new stand will be going through the clubs books so that will make up some if not all of the shortfall.

Haters gonna hate.