Bar code entry

Who else thought we'd have state of the art bar code scanners attached to automatic turnstiles for entry ..instead of some bloke with a hand held scanner giving his right foot some exercise. Been a while since I've seen queues outside BP that's for sure .

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else thought we'd have state of the art bar code scanners attached to automatic turnstiles for entry ..instead of some bloke with a hand held scanner giving his right foot some exercise. Been a while since I've seen queues outside BP that's for sure .

Cut the Turnstile staff (Majority life long fans some slack) first time they have been used like anything gonna take a few games to be fully operational

The biggest issue was that you had to use specific turnstiles. If you are in the North Stand you should be able to use any North Stand turnstile. Unfortunately that's not how the scanners have been programmed. Dead easy to rectify though and hopefully they will do so. Seems a bit daft when there were huge queues at the Rochdale Road end of the North Stand but no queues at the Chaddy end

Total cock-up in main stand ,

Me and my 77 year old fathers seats are in the lower paddock near the Chaddy end .

We have been going in the turnstile near the Chaddy end for donkeys years . with the new system we cannot use that turnstile .

we have to use the turnstiles near the old club shop and then walk down the front of the stand to sit In our seats which are about 20 feet from the turnstile we were denied access .

Total cock-up in main stand ,

Me and my 77 year old fathers seats are in the lower paddock near the Chaddy end .

We have been going in the turnstile near the Chaddy end for donkeys years . with the new system we cannot use that turnstile .

we have to use the turnstiles near the old club shop and then walk down the front of the stand to sit In our seats which are about 20 feet from the turnstile we were denied access .

If you'd walked from RRE end of ground then I guess the distance wouldn't have altered to get to your seats

If from the other end then ,what, an additional 100 yards?

Slightly annoying but"total cock up" ??!!

If you'd walked from RRE end of ground then I guess the distance wouldn't have altered to get to your seats

Yeah, could have made him go in through the north stand and circumnavigate the ground, so well done Latics on preventing that from happening. Count your blessings.

when lots of OAP'S were getting distressed as they could get in the turnstile they have used for years , thinking they couldn't get in

An additional 100 yards might not be much to some people , but is to others

Was it so hard to programme the scanners correctly ,

Hopefully the club will address the issue ,

Cut the Turnstile staff (Majority life long fans some slack) first time they have been used like anything gonna take a few games to be fully operational

I wasn't having a go at the staff just the strange system ...they get what they are given and told how to operate .Also as some have stated the number of people being turned away because they were at the wrong turnstile needs to be addressed surely they can programme these scanners to accept all cards for your relevant stand.

maybe that may be down to people having different cards etc .. ie Adult & Concession? if the turnstiles are automatic then I suppose no one there to check!

maybe that may be down to people having different cards etc .. ie Adult & Concession? if the turnstiles are automatic then I suppose no one there to check!

Even with automatic turnstiles there is someone on hand to assist and also check that the correct entry colour is registered. If a thirty year old bloke tries to use a kids card then the colour will alert the steward.

when lots of OAP'S were getting distressed as they could get in the turnstile they have used for years , thinking they couldn't get in

An additional 100 yards might not be much to some people , but is to others

Was it so hard to programme the scanners correctly ,

Hopefully the club will address the issue ,

While you;re absolutely right you make them sound like racehorses :grin:

:censored: me I have never seen such an over reaction to a basic thing like tickets in all my life!! Think some people on here need to have a word with themselves. 'Oaps getting distressed' 'total cock up' 'the club is laughably :censored:'

Just absolutely pathetic. It's going to be trial and error instead of acting like kids why not speak with the new support liaison officer. Pretty sure that is what he is there for!!

While we're on about bar (code) entry, does anyone know why the concourse was closed on the RRE side of the MSU about 5 mins before kick off? Bit of a pain having to walk across the seated areas to get to your seat.

I heard somebody needed medical treatment so that might be the reason ?