Last Season's Squad

2015/16 Squad  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you have back?

Combined team would be:

Ripley, Lafferty, Clarke, Gerrard, Dummigan, Forte, Green, Palmer, Mclaughlin, Holloway, Erwin

That's a list of the best players. Not tactical. I'm assuming Fulton has come on leaps but if it was purely him being at Latics he wouldn't get in.

At the end of last season most people seemed more than happy to see us completely revamp the squad. As we now enter November, I wondered how many of last season's most regular starters we would rather see back at Boundary Park.

Select as many as you want

The end of last season under Sheridan showed we had something to work with - I know loanees played a big part, before anyone says it, but two of the three influential loan players, Main and Holloway, were available to sign permanently.

But, to improve cash flow, we offloaded everyone and chose to wait until the new season had almost started to bring in a manager and a squad of players.

The people running the club deserve relegation.

I'd take back Dieng Kelly, Jones, Forte, Holloway, Main, Palmer, Lafferty who would all get in this team right now. Which says alot about our front 6. I would also take Gerrard and Wilson but would prefer Wilson to partner Clarke as I feel he would be a better foil for him defensively with his pace.

The end of last season under Sheridan showed we had something to work with - I know loanees played a big part, before anyone says it, but two of the three influential loan players, Main and Holloway, were available to sign permanently.

But, to improve cash flow, we offloaded everyone and chose to wait until the new season had almost started to bring in a manager and a squad of players.

The people running the club deserve relegation.

Not just continuity with squad and manager, but a real chance to capitalise on the standing of Shez with the fans and the optimism after a good end to the season. Should have been a marketers dream and a real chance to increase the fan base.

Awful shortsightedness.

Not just continuity with squad and manager, but a real chance to capitalise on the standing of Shez with the fans and the optimism after a good end to the season. Should have been a marketers dream and a real chance to increase the fan base.

Awful recklessness.

Corrected that for you nzlatic!

A good poll, albeit a difficult one to be certain about.

I'd take Coleman if we were able to sell him on or develop him further, but Ripley is a definite upgrade for this season.

I'd be happy to have Gerrard back with us but as a player to play alongside Clarke, I'd take James Wilson as the 2 would compliment each other very well.

I wouldn't want an injury prone player like Forte in our squad all things being equal, but he's a major improvement on our current wingers and strikers. Poleon from the last two seasons I'd have binned but I'd definitely be happy with his form from this season. I'd have taken a happy Jones being played in central midfield but I'd not be fussed by the Jones we saw last season.

There are some no-brainers though. Kelly (before long term injury), Dieng and Palmer would walk into this team, Lafferty the same ahead of Reckord and Dunne. Holloway and Main were so much more of a threat than any of our current forwards.

Whatever we all think, I'm glad we all agree that Cassidy is our missing link.

A good poll, albeit a difficult one to be certain about.

I'd take Coleman if we were able to sell him on or develop him further, but Ripley is a definite upgrade for this season.

I'd be happy to have Gerrard back with us but as a player to play alongside Clarke, I'd take James Wilson as the 2 would compliment each other very well.

I wouldn't want an injury prone player like Forte in our squad all things being equal, but he's a major improvement on our current wingers and strikers. Poleon from the last two seasons I'd have binned but I'd definitely be happy with his form from this season. I'd have taken a happy Jones being played in central midfield but I'd not be fussed by the Jones we saw last season.

There are some no-brainers though. Kelly (before long term injury), Dieng and Palmer would walk into this team, Lafferty the same ahead of Reckord and Dunne. Holloway and Main were so much more of a threat than any of our current forwards.

Whatever we all think, I'm glad we all agree that Cassidy is our missing link.

Forte's injury-proness is talked up a lot, I think. I know he has issues with his knees and had an op that meant he had a spell out with us but he played 37 games in his first season at BP and 28 the next season. He's played 15 for Notts County this season.

Having said that, I'm not sure he'd as many goals at this level now but he'd be better than what we've currently got, so I said yes.

Let's spin this round how many of the current squad would get into last season's team between January and May Only Ripley and Clarke would get a look in and the improvement they would offer wouldn't be that great.

I reckon Shez could have worked with Green and Erwin, as well as the two you mention

A combined team (including loanees) would be:

Ripley

Dummigan

Clarke

Gerrard

Lafferty

Palmer

Kelly

Jones

Flynn

Main

Holloway

I was guna put forte and Erwin in... but didn't.

Edit: forgot Dieng... maybe dieng for Flynn.

Edited by oldhamoafc

I know some won't like this but we really miss Holloway and Main not just because they scored a few but they were fantastic at defending from the front. Ladapo is up there with one of the laziest strikers I've seen.

I agree hollaway and main,s work rate was far better than than the dross we have now. Both got stuck in and rolled there sleeves up.

I know some won't like this but we really miss Holloway and Main not just because they scored a few but they were fantastic at defending from the front. Ladapo is up there with one of the laziest strikers I've seen.

What's happened to Holloway?....can't even find him in Fleetwoods squad list.