Transfer embargo...

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've not even got any players we can sell in January worth anything.

Might get a tiny bit for Edmunson if rumours are true.

If we don't get a decent pay day in the fa cup (if we get through)... I fear for us... massively

Edited by oldhamoafc

Do you subscribe to Sky Sports BP?

Guilty Milord, but in mitigating circumstances I have been a credit to the community attending Boundary Park since 1960. I think any sentence you pass such as a free Oldham Athletic season ticket should bear in mind how much I've suffered in the past.

Edited by BP1960

I'm not suggesting all is well or that this is a good thing, of course not, but - is this not just Corney playing the system yet again, bending the rules with no real consequences at the end of it all?

There's playing the system and then there's screwing over local clubs who need money just like we do. For us not to pay Rochdale (or any other club we may owe for that matter) , it's effectively stealing, and is a :censored:'s trick.

There's playing the system and then there's screwing over local clubs who need money just like we do. For us not to pay Rochdale (or any other club we may owe for that matter) , it's effectively stealing, and is a :censored:'s trick.

Maybe Calvin Andrew had heard the rumours...

It might well be but it happens in businesses all the time when cash flow is an issue. The only bills that will be getting paid will be those that absolutely need to be. The fact that the 'punishment' for late payment is a transfer embargo when we're outside a window is a flaw in the system that we seem to be taking advantage of. In the normal world, obviously the creditor would eventually go down a legal route to reclaim the money but I don't recall this happening between football clubs so maybe the FL tell them not to & we're happy to sit tight.

Of course Corney will be hoping that the FA Cup will alleviate some of these problems (who knows what plan B will be) but I suspect that, all being well, as soon as Sunderland indicate that they wish to proceed with the rumoured Edmundson transfer at some point in January, money will be found to lift the embargo for the time being.

It might well be but it happens in businesses all the time when cash flow is an issue. The only bills that will be getting paid will be those that absolutely need to be. The fact that the 'punishment' for late payment is a transfer embargo when we're outside a window is a flaw in the system that we seem to be taking advantage of. In the normal world, obviously the creditor would eventually go down a legal route to reclaim the money but I don't recall this happening between football clubs so maybe the FL tell them not to & we're happy to sit tight.

Of course Corney will be hoping that the FA Cup will alleviate some of these problems (who knows what plan B will be) but I suspect that, all being well, as soon as Sunderland indicate that they wish to proceed with the rumoured Edmundson transfer at some point in January, money will be found to lift the embargo for the time being.

Mods - ban this reasonable bastard....

Wouldn't a creditor be within their rights to apply interest to a sum not paid by the agreed time frame (unless otherwise not agreed before hand) before even contemplating the legal route?

Wouldn't it be ironic if Bury applied for a winding up order against us ? (assuming they are one of the clubs owed money).

The withheld gate receipts are something that probably will be resolved by the FA Cup/Edmondson money. My bigger concern at the moment is the unspecified 'other issues' that Jack Dearden has refered to. We've no idea how significant these might be at this stage.

Wouldn't a creditor be within their rights to apply interest to a sum not paid by the agreed time frame (unless otherwise not agreed before hand) before even contemplating the legal route?

No idea but then I don't know where money raised from ticket sales stands in comparison to the purchase of a normal good or service and, as above, I expect that the football league have their own inadequate guidelines that govern all this anyway.

Dec 2015 - Club struggles to pay players

Dec 2015 - Club borrows £241k from Necarcu Ltd

Mar 2016 - Club arranges get rich quick scheme with ST offer (presumably to pay Necarcu Ltd back)

Mar 2016 - Club sees Latics win 3 games which reduces ST's by £150 each (the gamble backfired)

May 2016 - Club reduces wage bill to complete minimum for 2 months of close season by reducing playing staff to 5 players

June 2016 - Club faces winding up order but settles this to avoid any further action

July 2016 - Nov 2106 - Club appoints rookie manager & cobbles together a side. Club sees barely any more ST's bought due to March offer while pay on the day is so poor the club reduce the prices to £15.

Nov 2016 - Transfer Embargo on club

-----------------------------------------------------

It's not hard to join the dots above.

I don't think it's hard to see what happens next. The club isn't being sold. Not until houses are built all behind the Chaddy, over Little Wembley and wherever else they can fit them. The monies will finish off the OEC. Then they will be able to command the extortionate (if the £24m figure is true...which I've heard from a few people I would expect to know or have a good idea of) amount for the club, land and stand. So in the meantime, this austerity continues to the breaking point. It feels closer and closer with each chapter from Corneys book.

The short term plan now (if you can call this a plan) is that we either have to beat Lincoln and pull a top side in the Cup (get lucky again basically.) Or we have to go borrowing from Necarcu Ltd or whoever else again. The problem with borrowing is that the ever decreasing circle has shrank to almost nothing. We have no players as saleable assets, we have no sell-on clauses left coz we've cashed them in, we have barely any pay on the day attendees. We might be able to do another Season Ticket get-rich quick scheme in the new year......but you see where this goes.....

We have a gambler...a proper chancer in charge of us. And he's won a couple of Liverpool ties to stave the wolf from the door, dodging bullets along the way. To the point there's virtually nothing left. The only way Corney could save himself any more angst from Latics fans is he turns the tables and points the gun squarely at Blitz, Gazal and the whole Brassbank set up. It is these people who have the keys to the land. They will say OAFC is nothing to do with them and OEC is everything to the project before they can sell it for the amount they are looking for. Where will OAFC be by then???

Let me put it another way...Simon won't be having a very good Xmas and I've no doubt he will be doing his nut over our situation should we lose to Lincoln. Meanwhile, his two mates sit counting their cash over their Xmas dinner without a worry in the World. There's no way us fans can pressure Blitz and Gazal so Corney cops it. Rightly so. If he genuinely gives a :censored: about OAFC it's up to him to get his mates to cut their losses and sell us and let a new potential owner build on the rest of BP while actually giving a :censored: about us too. Otherwise...he continues to receive the :censored: he does while we nosedive further and further.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Dec 2015 - Club struggles to pay players

Dec 2015 - Club borrows £241k from Necarcu Ltd

Mar 2016 - Club arranges get rich quick scheme with ST offer (presumably to pay Necarcu Ltd back)

Mar 2016 - Club sees Latics win 3 games which reduces ST's by £150 each (the gamble backfired)

May 2016 - Club reduces wage bill to complete minimum for 2 months of close season by reducing playing staff to 5 players

June 2016 - Club faces winding up order but settles this to avoid any further action

July 2016 - Nov 2106 - Club appoints rookie manager & cobbles together a side. Club sees barely any more ST's bought due to March offer while pay on the day is so poor the club reduce the prices to £15.

Nov 2016 - Transfer Embargo on club

-----------------------------------------------------

It's not hard to join the dots above.

I don't think it's hard to see what happens next. The club isn't being sold. Not until houses are built all behind the Chaddy, over Little Wembley and wherever else they can fit them. The monies will finish off the OEC. Then they will be able to command the extortionate (if the £24m figure is true...which I've heard from a few people I would expect to know or have a good idea of) amount for the club, land and stand. So in the meantime, this austerity continues to the breaking point. It feels closer and closer with each chapter from Corneys book.

The short term plan now (if you can call this a plan) is that we either have to beat Lincoln and pull a top side in the Cup (get lucky again basically.) Or we have to go borrowing from Necarcu Ltd or whoever else again. The problem with borrowing is that the ever decreasing circle has shrank to almost nothing. We have no players as saleable assets, we have no sell-on clauses left coz we've cashed them in, we have barely any pay on the day attendees. We might be able to do another Season Ticket get-rich quick scheme in the new year......but you see where this goes.....

We have a gambler...a proper chancer in charge of us. And he's won a couple of Liverpool ties to stave the wolf from the door, dodging bullets along the way. To the point there's virtually nothing left. The only way Corney could save himself any more angst from Latics fans is he turns the tables and points the gun squarely at Blitz, Gazal and the whole Brassbank set up. It is these people who have the keys to the land. They will say OAFC is nothing to do with them and OEC is everything to the project before they can sell it for the amount they are looking for. Where will OAFC be by then???

Let me put it another way...Simon won't be having a very good Xmas and I've no doubt he will be doing his nut over our situation should we lose to Lincoln. Meanwhile, his two mates sit counting their cash over their Xmas dinner without a worry in the World. There's no way us fans can pressure Blitz and Gazal so Corney cops it. Rightly so. If he genuinely gives a :censored: about OAFC it's up to him to get his mates to cut their losses and sell us and let a new potential owner build on the rest of BP while actually giving a :censored: about us too. Otherwise...he continues to receive the :censored: he does while we nosedive further and further.

Great post.

Nice story but player contracts run to the 30th June. "Short term" contracts like Gerrard aside, that is.

The days of that happening are long gone. Most contracts run up to May 31st now as clubs won't pay an extra month for players they don't want so can offload them on June 1st.