Corney

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be the next step surley?

he has chance to give answer and if they arent good enough the fans can plan their next move. Whatever that may be

too good an oppertunity to turn down?

Totally agree.

A level headed poster to go in and pose a list of questions complied from those on here. Nothing aggressive or plain stupid, but genuine questions that seek genuine answers. Seeing it live aswell, means Corney cannot plan his answers out.

This has to be the next step surley?

he has chance to give answer and if they arent good enough the fans can plan their next move. Whatever that may be

too good an oppertunity to turn down?

I agree. But for me, past Q&A's, protests and what-not have been done too vigorously and passionately.

There needs to be a completely level-headed and grown-up approach if it happens.

Not surprisingly, knickers are in a twist about the less important parts of the interview.

The key thing is the offer for fans to go in and discuss openly their concerns, put their questions to him and to film this so everyone else can see it.

Another key point is that the asking price will apparently never be the stumbling point of any deal to buy the club. That kind of flies in the face of those in the know and the supposed failing deals because of the £10m or £24m (depending on your source) asking price.

I really hope people do take him up on his offer to meet. Not sure which is more frustrating, missing open goals from 7 yards or the constant rumour/counter rumour that goes on.

Totally agree.

A level headed poster to go in and pose a list of questions complied from those on here. Nothing aggressive or plain stupid, but genuine questions that seek genuine answers. Seeing it live aswell, means Corney cannot plan his answers out.

It'll be like Frost vs Nixon. Edited by GlossopLatic

I agree. But for me, past Q&A's, protests and what-not have been done too vigorously and passionately.

There needs to be a completely level-headed and grown-up approach if it happens.

Agree...the right questions need asking and asked in the correct manner!

I would happily go and meet him and ask him questions. I don't hate the guy but I'm also confused about several aspects of how the club is run.

Had three private conversations in the past and been to countless Q&As and spoken to him at functions. There's nothing new to know we're going nowhere under his ownership and I can barely be arsed going to games any more. I know the situation the club is in and what we are up against. I've no sympathy or understanding to give I want new ownership we're being run as in admin so admin would be no different so I'm willing to take the risk.

He admits he struggles to keep us in L1, with the other two it as easier. He could cope with L2, but is determined we don't get relegated. Chinese investors are a big gamble in my eyes. How loyal would they be?

Notice how all he does is talk in the past (apart from the wages and tax bill coming up...gulp!) No talk of how these will be paid. No talk of a future plan. He can be angry at other people all he likes. It isn't up to us to do his job for him.

The last time I spoke with Simon Corney was at the Radclyffe School meetings. I got bull:censored: then (its FAILSworth or we die...there is no renovating Boundary Park) and as OAFCProzac has said, he too has had it numerous times with the man. That is the last fans forum I've ever been to. It was a waste of time and my concerns were ignored, most of which came true. Magically, it turned out that BP could be renovated after all. It was then that I said I'd never waste my time with a forum or Corney again. Simon can go infront of a camera and give shout-outs all he likes to discredit people. Give his excellent brand of spin and eye-roll till his heart is content. That's his right. My right is to pay my monies and support the team and hope one day we have a club once the circus has moved on.

If anyone does go along to see him could they try and get across that what we perceive went on in the summer looked a massive false economy at the time and looks even moreso a false economy now. And can he please not do this again this summer?

If he'd have kept Shez or stumped up the extra £10k or £20k to get Steve Evans crowds would have been higher, as would our league position in all likelihood, as would our chances of getting a decent transfer fee or two in January, as would our chances of getting to the 3rd round of the cup.

And that's no disrespect to Robinson (who I support and still feel might come good) but with regards to the fact that it could all have been in place with enough time to be fully prepared for the season (which, apparently, wasn't an option with SR).

So that two people he's called out, and offered to speak to in front of the watching eyes of everybody concerned, who have stated they have no intention of doing it.

Now we are left with Yarddog or ChaddySmoker (gulp...).

Why not a proper open fans forum no holds barred let EVERYONE take him to task and voice their concerns?

That would Just end up a shouting match and not help anyone in my opinion! Fans would shout at club, fans would shout at each other, no real questions answered as it would descend into chaos!

Why not a proper open fans forum no holds barred let EVERYONE take him to task and voice their concerns?

He did say that he was dissapointed by how tame the questions were when he did this in the North Stand for the corporate guests, so may be he would be open to doing one of these with open access for all fans?

Because it would end up as a totally out of control slanging match. 4 people asking the right questions in a calm and dignified way would have a far better chance of success.

This is an opportunity not to be missed and I would suggest that nonaenever could be the first of the quartet.

Wow , Wow , Wow -

Just seen interview and read the threads and can't believe the reaction to it.

He only spoke what most of us know anyway and i really don't understand what they expect him to say,

He has clearly thrown the gauntlet down to the negative posters so perhaps they will stop posting their utter drivel until they have accepted the challenge !!!!