Shez's 1st job on his return...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seemed to when Shez did it though! Yes, I was that stupid.

I know this might seem abit cold but I don't expect loyalty from our players. I don't expect us to be overly loyal to underperforming players or manager's either.

Loyalty is a quality I expect in friends and family it's not one I expect in the players and manage of my football team however I do expect them to be professional Sheridan was professional when leaving us I don't remember him bad mouthing us to the press on his departure. Dimitri Payet for example is being unprofessional right now refusing to train or play.

I always find those people at work who are loyal to their employer are abit weird. Surely they must know that if the employer csn offshore or get rid of you due to technological advances they probably will do.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I am pleased we have a manager but agree about loyalty. The problem with Shez is that having won everyone's support last season, he pointedly lied through his back teeth (could have keep his gob shut) face to face with all of us fans at the forum. Sad act! We then learn his agent is touting his name to anyone who will listen.

"Professional when he left"? Think not. Really embarrassed for letting supporters down and chasing the money. Same reason he's coming back.....failed worse than any manager at NC and not got a job.

Never been convinced with SR but with the hand he was dealt from day one, he has been the ne showing some professionalism not Shez.

That said, it's my club that is the priority so good luck in keeping us up.

Let the club down? Corney couldn't wait to accept Notts county's offer! If corney is happy to accept clearly Sheridan thinks he doesn't want me so I'm off. Chaddy14 pathetic response. It clearly isn't as black and white like you think otherwise corney 'being the victim in your case' wouldn't have him back.

I know this might seem abit cold but I don't expect loyalty from our players. I don't expect us to be overly loyal to underperforming players or manager's either.

Loyalty is a quality I expect in friends and family it's not one I expect in the players and manage of my football team however I do expect them to be professional Sheridan was professional when leaving us I don't remember him bad mouthing us to the press on his departure. Dimitri Payet for example is being unprofessional right now refusing to train or play.

I always find those people at work who are loyal to their employer are abit weird. Surely they must know that if the employer csn offshore or get rid of you due to technological advances they probably will do.

Quite a sad and narrow minded outlook IMO...

Sounds like you haven't ever had a great relationship with your employer. You talk about an employer as solely the business and for some its very different to that.

I consider my employer to be my boss and immediate peer group not the company name. Loyalty so far has proven highly valuable for me personally and I know it is looked on fondly by our business. Now if you work in recruitment or some other dog eat dog industry I can understand your point of view however in football terms I think loyalty is more important than you suggest.

I am pleased we have a manager but agree about loyalty. The problem with Shez is that having won everyone's support last season, he pointedly lied through his back teeth (could have keep his gob shut) face to face with all of us fans at the forum. Sad act! We then learn his agent is touting his name to anyone who will listen.

"Professional when he left"? Think not. Really embarrassed for letting supporters down and chasing the money. Same reason he's coming back.....failed worse than any manager at NC and not got a job.

Never been convinced with SR but with the hand he was dealt from day one, he has been the ne showing some professionalism not Shez.

That said, it's my club that is the priority so good luck in keeping us up.

You can tell him all that face to face at his next manager/fans forum.

Let the club down? Corney couldn't wait to accept Notts county's offer! If corney is happy to accept clearly Sheridan thinks he doesn't want me so I'm off. Chaddy14 pathetic response. It clearly isn't as black and white like you think otherwise corney 'being the victim in your case' wouldn't have him back.

I'm not Corney's biggest fan but we told Notts County 2 or 3 times to piss off before accepting. We also offered him more money than he was on here, it just wasn't as much as they were offering there. I don't begrudge anyone going to earn more money but he went about it the wrong way when he left by saying he'd only leave for Wednesday or Leeds. He should have been honest or kept his gob shut.

Glad to have him back though.

Quite a sad and narrow minded outlook IMO...

Sounds like you haven't ever had a great relationship with your employer. You talk about an employer as solely the business and for some its very different to that.

I consider my employer to be my boss and immediate peer group not the company name. Loyalty so far has proven highly valuable for me personally and I know it is looked on fondly by our business. Now if you work in recruitment or some other dog eat dog industry I can understand your point of view however in football terms I think loyalty is more important than you suggest.

Well I have had some fairly bad experiences with employers in the last year or so yes. I have also had some good ones who I have been loyal too who I could call on for references. However I would suggest that football is very much a dog eat dog industry especially management. I think we all agree that Steve Robinson was a good hard working man but it comes to a point where he's currently taking the club down we know that John Sheridan a man we all know can keep us up is now available. Keeping the club in this division is the most important thing for everyone and by making this change Corney has for all his other faults has done this for that reason.

I'm not Corney's biggest fan but we told Notts County 2 or 3 times to piss off before accepting. We also offered him more money than he was on here, it just wasn't as much as they were offering there. I don't begrudge anyone going to earn more money but he went about it the wrong way when he left by saying he'd only leave for Wednesday or Leeds. He should have been honest or kept his gob shut.

Glad to have him back though.

Ironically; I bet he's on less money now than he was here last time.

Would like to put on record a big thanks to Simon Corney for his 1 good deed of the year. I will praise good decisions just as much as I will criticise bad ones.

There you go McFlufferboy :ass1:

What happens if JS has has another massive losing run as at Notts County, we keep the faith I suppose?

Edited by BP1960

What happens if JS has has another massive losing run as at Notts County, we keep the faith I suppose?

Tough to answer that one. I suppose it will be the manner in which it happens that will determine how people feel about it. I think we all want some stability. If we went down, those who are hurt by his words in May before leaving will be calling for his head I suspect. Those who are glad he's back will be hoping he's the man to rebuild us. Sadly though, he will have to do that with Corney starving the club as ever.

Tough to answer that one. I suppose it will be the manner in which it happens that will determine how people feel about it. I think we all want some stability. If we went down, those who are hurt by his words in May before leaving will be calling for his head I suspect. Those who are glad he's back will be hoping he's the man to rebuild us. Sadly though, he will have to do that with Corney starving the club as ever.

It wouldn't concern me if went down, I've seen the club in the bottom division before.

However, by remaining in this division there's always the very small hope of promotion into the Championship, so I do hope JS can work the Oracle.

Edited by BP1960

If we go down, we go down. I'd still give Sheridan the chance to build his own squad next season. It's not like we're likely to recruit anyone better.