Chinese investors...

If another £500,000 is spent before the transfer deadline I might be convinced.

30% of the club, which equates to what? Or 30% of the land/stadium owned by Brassbank i.e. Paying Blitz 30% of their c£10m so £4m?!

I'm getting confused now over who owns what and how much is owed. Can whoever attended the meeting last week construct a "Janet & John" overview of the books?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or the New Moon.

Yes, Harry handed it down to his son, who nobody liked especially the workers.

I always remember, In the New Moon window, that poster of a very well endowed lady holding a microphone (singing presumably) and the fact she didn't have any upper clothes on, although i doubt they did bra sizes that big anyway.

30% of the club, which equates to what? Or 30% of the land/stadium owned by Brassbank i.e. Paying Blitz 30% of their c£10m so £4m?!

I'm getting confused now over who owns what and how much is owed. Can whoever attended the meeting last week construct a "Janet & John" overview of the books?

The club and land i.e. stadium etc... are separate entities. SC owns the club, SB/DG own the land which is held under Brass Bank. As for as I am aware we got told last week. The amount we owe to Blitz is capped at 4m, which will only be repaid if we ever reach the premiership. Effectively, if someone was to buy us, they would have to buy the club, as in OAFC, and then separately negotiate a deal for the stadium/surrounding land.

On the unlikely event the Chinese investors have bought 30%, I am inclined to assume this would be 30% of the club, not the land/stadium.

If a buy-out of the entirety arouse (i.e. everything) I would assume the whole cost would be around 8m, going from figures and land worth.

The club and land i.e. stadium etc... are separate entities. SC owns the club, SB/DG own the land which is held under Brass Bank. As for as I am aware we got told last week. The amount we owe to Blitz is capped at 4m, which will only be repaid if we ever reach the premiership. Effectively, if someone was to buy us, they would have to buy the club, as in OAFC, and then separately negotiate a deal for the stadium/surrounding land.

On the unlikely event the Chinese investors have bought 30%, I am inclined to assume this would be 30% of the club, not the land/stadium.

If a buy-out of the entirety arouse (i.e. everything) I would assume the whole cost would be around 8m, going from figures and land worth.

That's my point - it'll be the club so 30% of assets - being the players - and what would that be worth?!

If they are serious about making money on OAFC as a football club in the long term, then the land is almost irrelevant. The money from rising up a division would be worth more than the stadium. If someone wants to buy the land and all, I wouldnt be surprised fi they tried to move us and knock it down for housing.

Is the land not relevant in terms of borrowing? as you are unlikely to be able to secure a loan on reasonable terms against the football club alone, unless you find a kind benefactor who knows he/she's unlikely to see it ever repaid.. In the absence of a quality product to offer or assets to sell, we are left in a position where we need either owners/investors to cover the operating budget shortfall, or lucrative sponsorship deals. It's a vicious circle that we've been in and until we break it the noose will continue to tighten (apologies for mixed metaphors)

Is the land not relevant in terms of borrowing? as you are unlikely to be able to secure a loan on reasonable terms against the football club alone, unless you find a kind benefactor who knows he/she's unlikely to see it ever repaid.. In the absence of a quality product to offer or assets to sell, we are left in a position where we need either owners/investors to cover the operating budget shortfall, or lucrative sponsorship deals. It's a vicious circle that we've been in and until we break it the noose will continue to tighten (apologies for mixed metaphors)

If we're looking for investors who need to borrow money, we may as well give up now.

• 2 weeks later...