Coventry

Nothing wrong with our second goal at all.

Starting to get really disheartened with the negativity from our fans , people literally could not wait for green to make a mistake today in the north stand . What's the deal !? No one wants to go out and be bad . Get a grip .

Was it his fault shez brought him on for a striker ?

Even before he'd touched the ball he was getting stick , what does it achieve ?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just throw it out there that Gerrard is a really poor footballer?

Why the :censored: he takes set pieces when he can't pass 10 yards is a mystery.

I'd rather Edmundson was playing

He's not.

He can deliver a ball better than most of them

He's a far better defender than Edmundson at the moment

If Erwin is not injured he needs to go and bang on Shez's door and findout what he needs to do to get in this side and do something about it.

Personally I don't think he puts himself about as much as he should. Someone needs to feed him a diet of red meat or prozac or something he needs to get angry. Ngoo isnt anywhere near as good as Erwin technically but by putting himself about today for 20 minutes it helped us win the game.

It's the number of bad balls it takes to justify the good one that worries me

He's in good company! Both teams gave the ball away a lot. The pitch is definitely a factor. Thought Gerrard was our Man of the Match today...took control of the defence when others switched off.

The second-half was a vast improvement on the second from us. At one all, Coventry should have been ahead twice.

We don't seem to be very good at man-marking and having the foresight to see where a threat is going to come from. Their first goal and them hitting the bar came from them being allowed too much space on the edge of the box. They were lining up to shoot. Where was the midfield?

Impressed with what I've seen of Ngoo so far. Give us something different and, although he didn't appear to be wearing studs today, seems to have deceptively good feet for a big chap.

A bit fortunate today, but will take that every week.

Something I found strange today was the number of people that, with us 3-2 up and Coventry pressing, with a few minutes of injury time left, just walking out! And not just milling around the exits to watch the last bit of the game and being first out to their car at full-time whistle, but just straight out without even looking back! I can understand if we're three down and out of it, but what is the point of going in the first-place in this context??

Edited by JoeP

I thought Gerrard had a bit of an off day today, by his standards, but to say he is a really poor footballer is a load of bollox. If he was a yard quicker, and a bit skinnier, he'd be playing in a much better team than ours.

And what a :censored:ing goal by McGloughlin, take a bow son! It looked good live but seeing it again in the highlights, an absolute beauty.

Special mention for their keeper who was so bad he was comical. And nowt wrong with Clarke's goal, he just wanted the ball more than everybody else, keeper's are far too protected these days.

Welled played Latics.We look and play better attacking and going forward rather than playing deep and letting reams get back at us.Only complaint was some soft tacking in midfield but looking forwards to Tuesday and

Swindon away more now than I would have done a few weeks ago thanks to Shez.

Coventry will go away thinking how they lost, but the 25 minutes between 50 and 75 are the reason they are where they are.

I thought they were quicker to the ball generally and certainly rotated the ball better and more quickly through the top two thirds.

BUT as soon as we started to press in the game they went missing. Mclaughlin, Green and Taylor started to drive at their back 4 and they just retreated and capitulated. It was only when we stopped doing what had served us so well that they came back into the game.

We have to work on our defensive shape when we lose the ball. For all the stick SR got for the posession quote I can see what he is getting at. Our fullbacks are so exposed its frightening and we don't seem to recognise or sense where we should be dropping back into to alleviate the pressure.

For all the talk of Ngoo, Mclaughlin was terrific through that period of dominance in the second half. His goal was the culmination of his positive movement and commiting defenders that created space elsewhere. His goal was the difference between the sides and thank god it was!!

A massive three points from a tough game and certainly three we wouldn't have picked up a month ago.

Talk us through this.....

I also think there's a good player there with Erwin. He looks like he can't be arsed a lot of the time, but his touch and skill is one of the best we have at the club and wouldn't be surprised to see Sheridan turn him into a key player for us.

With regards to today's game, that goal from McLaughlin (sp?) is one of the best goals I've ever seen in my life...

I'm sure he pinged at least two beautiful balls today.

Yep, nearly assisted two goals from balls/little dinks over the top. Extremely unfit, and overweight for a pro footballer - but he can play a bit, and having him throw his body on the line at the end of games is what's best.

Anyone notice a disagreement between Gerrard and Clarke/Ripley? Sure they're all professional enough to sort it out, looked like Gerrard was sulking a little.

Coventry will go away thinking how they lost, but the 25 minutes between 50 and 75 are the reason they are where they are.

I thought they were quicker to the ball generally and certainly rotated the ball better and more quickly through the top two thirds.

BUT as soon as we started to press in the game they went missing. Mclaughlin, Green and Taylor started to drive at their back 4 and they just retreated and capitulated. It was only when we stopped doing what had served us so well that they came back into the game.

We have to work on our defensive shape when we lose the ball. For all the stick SR got for the posession quote I can see what he is getting at. Our fullbacks are so exposed its frightening and we don't seem to recognise or sense where we should be dropping back into to alleviate the pressure.

For all the talk of Ngoo, Mclaughlin was terrific through that period of dominance in the second half. His goal was the culmination of his positive movement and commiting defenders that created space elsewhere. His goal was the difference between the sides and thank god it was!!

A massive three points from a tough game and certainly three we wouldn't have picked up a month ago.

Bang on.

We are actually capable of winning now and I love it.

Highlights make you realise how much you can miss / get wrong when seeing it live.

(1) Thought Ripley was at fault for their first, looked weak to me at the time. Highlights show a great finish that just dipped in.

(2) Thought that we got away with a could for the second at the time - clearly a blooper from the keeper.

(3) Thought that they fouled for their second, but in the end their player wanted it more and Gerrard didn't (rare)

(4) Our third looks better the more you see it, but still think I preferred the second v Peterborough. Not that our Goal of the Season contest had many entrants!