Winding up petition from HM Customs

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, underdog said:

The FSA said in our September review that there are two key questions that would highlight concerns and we should ensure we are asking every month.

1) Are we paying our bills? fulfilling our legal obligations?

2) Are the staff being paid on time?

I at least ask question one every meeting. At my last meeting in February,  I asked the Trust rep said he was up to date with the club finances.  Bearing in mind there was a Club board meeting in January too. he confirmed he was up to date

i have taken that as you were not confident  that you could answer Yes on both of those questions despite the Trust having a seat on the Club Board

If that is the case ‘underdog’ and despite the many years you have dedicated to the Trust and our Club, you felt it best to resign from the Trust, I applaud your courage and integrity.in doing so. 

9 minutes ago, tGWB said:

i have taken that as you were not confident  that you could answer Yes on both of those questions despite the Trust having a seat on the Club Board

If that is the case ‘underdog’ and despite the many years you have dedicated to the Trust and our Club, you felt it best to resign from the Trust, I applaud your courage and integrity.in doing so. 

cheers, There was other stuff too, its been constant firefighting for years. Al promised a clean slate when he took over. We wanted to do lots of stuff, fun stuff with fans and instead its back watching the owner, contacting the FSA weekly and EFL too. It is exhausting TBH.

Additionally, I clashed a lot with a fellow director and it was having an effect on us all. A recent review and the outcome of one of the senior roles, meant after a period of reflection, I decided I could no longer support this person 100% so I decided to resign...well thats if the buggers accept it. However if we go into admin I am sure the Trust ceases to exist. My timing eh

3 hours ago, underdog said:

The FSA said in our September review that there are two key questions that would highlight concerns and we should ensure we are asking every month.

1) Are we paying our bills? fulfilling our legal obligations?

2) Are the staff being paid on time?

I at least ask question one every meeting. At my last meeting in February,  I asked the Trust rep said he was up to date with the club finances.  Bearing in mind there was a Club board meeting in January too. he confirmed he was up to date

Is he the one u dont get on with? Is Barry two a fair name for him?

11 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Is he the one u dont get on with? Is Barry two a fair name for him?

Yes i just felt it was having a negative effect on all the way we were clashing on the others. So i chose to go.

Barry 2?...thats tame as i have heard him being called worse..haha

9 minutes ago, underdog said:

Yes i just felt it was having a negative effect on all the way we were clashing on the others. So i chose to go.

Ahhhh. . Our famous Boardroom. Where people walk in as mere mortals and walk out as deluded ego maniacs, seduced by the illusion of a bit of power. 

You’ve made the right call. Life is to short. 

55 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Sooo gutted I purposely got myslef kicked out I'd.love to know what they're saying now 

Not missing anything.

Silence from Partington & Halliwell. 

Incoherent rambling from Carole. 

Lack of understanding by Libbie. 

• Matt changed the title to Winding up petition from HM Customs
11 hours ago, underdog said:

We talking about Darren here?

18 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Yeah she was. Bit worrying hes worse than barry 🤔

TBH it is hard to compare the two as they are different people.

I would not describe either as "worse" as I have worked with both of them. Both of them have qualities they bring, both have weaknesses too like we all do. No-one is perfect even me hahah.

Again, we have not been at full strength of nearly a year now and I was just finding that I was become "jack of all trades, master of none..." Wearing a number of hats at the same time. Acting chair, secretary, note taker, comms, organiser of meetings, sourcing rooms to have meetings in, research like EFL regulations/OMBC  historic with club and ACV/Share holders rights. ......I was only meant to be membership but i have learnt a lot along the way. 

There are people in the world that can delegate and there are those that are doers. I just felt too stretched.

Although I did agree with the remedial action with regards to the outcome of the review of the trust rep role at the feb meeting, I felt I could not support the person in the role anymore because of our personality clashes. It was just getting everyone down so one of us had to go, so I made the decision as i was in a less senior role that it should be me.

Additionally,  I have just gone back into the world of work on a small business i have been trying to launch for 18 months now. Now it is up and running, I need to concentrate on this and give it a right good go too.

11 minutes ago, underdog said:

TBH it is hard to compare the two as they are different people.

I would not describe either as "worse" as I have worked with both of them. Both of them have qualities they bring, both have weaknesses too like we all do. No-one is perfect even me hahah.

Again, we have not been at full strength of nearly a year now and I was just finding that I was become "jack of all trades, master of none..." Wearing a number of hats at the same time. Acting chair, secretary, note taker, comms, organiser of meetings, sourcing rooms to have meetings in, research like EFL regulations/OMBC  historic with club and ACV/Share holders rights. ......I was only meant to be membership but i have learnt a lot along the way. 

There are people in the world that can delegate and there are those that are doers. I just felt too stretched.

Although I did agree with the remedial action with regards to the outcome of the review of the trust rep role at the feb meeting, I felt I could not support the person in the role anymore because of our personality clashes. It was just getting everyone down so one of us had to go, so I made the decision as i was in a less senior role that it should be me.

Additionally,  I have just gone back into the world of work on a small business i have been trying to launch for 18 months now. Now it is up and running, I need to concentrate on this and give it a right good go too.

If we have a senior member of the trust acting in any way like Barry, they should be the ones leaving. 

48 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

If we have a senior member of the trust acting in any way like Barry, they should be the ones leaving. 

He has done some good stuff too that is not widely reported and has dragged the Trust into the 21st century with regards to technology, a website, membership joining system, Trust email system etc

Partly Trust fault, but we did not have a proper job description for him to follow. and ideally, there should have been a probationary period too. Like in most job roles. However I will have left with the following documents drafted and awaiting approval by March meeting.

A code of conduct for Trust directors - how we should behave as embassadors for the Trust and club 

Trust rep job description, - Includes the FSA key marker questions that should be being asked of the club and reported back to Trust/fans on

Memorandum of understanding between Trust and club - Our shareholder rights, the info we are entitled to and what we want to report back to the fan base on - Transparency and open-ness the fans wanted

However all become mute if we do enter administration.....oh well.

I do know that the Trust team have worked hard on raising Trust and clubs profile with outside organisations. They met the EFL via the FSA during November and December. The Trust chair met the new EFL chief person in December too...I  have forgotten the chaps name, so hopefully they have taken note and have has us on the radar.

The Trust team also met with the council in November too. Primarily, to discuss the ACV but we planted seeds there of who the Trust are. 

Hopefully, these contacts made will be a good source of advice now. 

Archived