11 minutes ago, 2uptop said:

I don't think you'll all have to wait long I'd imagine it'll be in the chron/revealed by Alan Nixon before you know it.  I gave my word to someone at the club that I wouldn't reveal his name and I intend to keep my word, the fear is that if word gets out a bigger club will come in for him. I'm sorry for not saying more, I know it's a pain when someone posts they know something and doesn't reveal it, but I genuinely wanted to let you all know the calibre of striker we are looking at. It finally feels like good times are round the corner. Up the tics.

Well I hope what you say is the truth and something comes of this rumour. However it my experience that anytime someone in the know posts on here about an amazing striker that could be the answer to all our problems....fk all happens!

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, 2uptop said:

I don't think you'll all have to wait long I'd imagine it'll be in the chron/revealed by Alan Nixon before you know it.  I gave my word to someone at the club that I wouldn't reveal his name and I intend to keep my word, the fear is that if word gets out a bigger club will come in for him. I'm sorry for not saying more, I know it's a pain when someone posts they know something and doesn't reveal it, but I genuinely wanted to let you all know the calibre of striker we are looking at. It finally feels like good times are round the corner. Up the tics.

You genuinely wanted to tell us the calibre...but haven't haha ? 

old/young? Tall/small? Fast/slow? Proven goal scorer? Lower league/higher league? 

11 minutes ago, 2uptop said:

Surely an agent (even a shit one) is a better medium to announce the availability of a player than a two-bit message board?

I look forward to being WOWED (no hint of sarcasm, honestly. I would puff my pants if we signed a genuinely noteworthy striker).

1 minute ago, Blue_Guru said:

You genuinely wanted to tell us the calibre...but haven't haha ? 

old/young? Tall/small? Fast/slow? Proven goal scorer? Lower league/higher league? 

I'm quite content with the info he's given. We now know we're in for someone decent, news will come out when it's ready to. Good on you keeping your word 2uptop ?

8 hours ago, 2uptop said:

8 hours ago, palmer1 said:

Well I hope what you say is the truth and something comes of this rumour. However it my experience that anytime someone in the know posts on here about an amazing striker that could be the answer to all our problems....fk all happens!

It's the hope that kills you.

I'd rather you had said nothing.

21 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Stock answer from the doubters - any meeting would be a waste of time.

With your superior knowledge you should relish the chance to go in there and trip Corney up.

If you don't do it for yourselves then at least do it for us.

Tough titty.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Still no sign of this striker them?

Shez says he is keeping schtum about a couple of signings to not jinx them until they are signed. He'll talk about them if signed.

More signs we've got a proper manager again.

I suspect a keeper and a striker are the two, and he expects them to be sorted next week if all goes to plan

34 minutes ago, singe said:

Shez says he is keeping schtum about a couple of signings to not jinx them until they are signed. He'll talk about them if signed.

More signs we've got a proper manager again.

I suspect a keeper and a striker are the two, and he expects them to be sorted next week if all goes to plan

Left back and striker 

15 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

https://twitter.com/Matt_Chambers_?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

No but it would appear our only recognised keeper is now at Bury FC.

York supporting mate reckons we've dodged a bulletwith him. Says he's national league at best.

i am starting to feel more comfortable with Bury's signings now. The last 3 haven't been anything special, and they will be managedby Mr Glum

Edited by astottie

On Sunday, July 02, 2017 at 10:43 PM, deyres42 said:

@robturner39 me bud, feel free to add..

BP, Tommy Wright is clearly the new number 2, you can have that for free.

So you have the two Twitter accounts, how sad that you feel the need to troll under a pseudonym.

Where has the John Akinde rumour come from? Always seemed strange to me that he's been a very regular goalscorer for a lower tier League 2 team but has never moved on, is it an attitude problem? To me he reeks of the kind of player Peterborough would sign and make a good profit on a year or 2 later

Not heard that one, however, he's had a few loans to league clubs but hasn't made the grade and until the last 2 or 3 seasons his scoring record has been pretty poor.

At Barnet he has a 1 in 2 ratio but whether he could replicate that at a higher level is debatable. His form will no doubt have been monitored by several clubs but the fact he's still there speaks volumes. 

I should imagine they would want a substantial fee and I reckon it would represent too big a big gamble, especially for a club like ourselves.

On 6/7/2017 at 10:50 PM, 2uptop said:

If that's the case, this player really needs to get a new agent. 

8 hours ago, OL9erlatic said:

Where has the John Akinde rumour come from? Always seemed strange to me that he's been a very regular goalscorer for a lower tier League 2 team but has never moved on, is it an attitude problem? To me he reeks of the kind of player Peterborough would sign and make a good profit on a year or 2 later

When I checked on his goal scoring record the other day my exact thought process was "I wonder why Peterborough haven't signed him yet?".

True story.

29 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

When I checked on his goal scoring record the other day my exact thought process was "I wonder why Peterborough haven't signed him yet?".

True story.

Gone higher, but not as high as I expected.

• BP1960
  • BP 1960 OWTB Member
  • 17,778 posts

I hope Latics are looking at Ebbsfleet's big strapping 18 year old centre forward John Akinde.

He's already hit 7 goals since progressing from their youth team the last couple of months and has massive potential, with a good first touch, pace and distribution.

Going to go higher no doubt.

Let's see him at BP for trials at least.

Edited by BP1960