On 10/14/2017 at 8:41 PM, singe said:

Maidstone United 2 

Wynter (45')
Pigott (90')

Enfield Town 2 

Simon Thomas (20')
Darren Purse (pen 57')

1,495 (217 from Enfield Town)

The ref made his presence felt with 3 penalties and 5 minutes of stoppage time in each half. LAtics'-esque.

2 stoppage times goals, 1 in each half, were enough for Maidstone a draw against a team 2 leagues below them at the Gallagher.

Enfield took the lead on 20 somewhat against the run of play.

2 pens missed by Stones, the first after just 2 mins, the 2nd on 38 mins.

Stones started the 2nd half well, but after Enfields 57th min pen, really struggled to make any headway against a battling Enfield until the stoppage time goal.

Is that the Darren Purse formerly of Oxford and Birmingham...

7 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Decent away trip that or so I've heard as I haven't been to Brunton Park. Could have been a lot worse, remember Hednesford, Thurrock & Chasetown to name three. How bad was it at Chasetown, took me a week to dry out. 

The three ties you mention were all proper FA Cup games - that's what the cup is about. Drew at Chasetown before putting 4 past them in the replay - scored 4 at  Hednesford with the Thurrock game (1-0 win) on a Sunday I seem to recall.

Cracking away days!

9 minutes ago, singe said:

Tracker wise it's:

Cheltenham Town v Maidstone Utd/Enfield Town

Maidstone or Enfield won;t be happy, but would consider it winnnable. Cheltenham are mid table in L2 17 pts so far this season W5 D2 L6 17 - 17 0 goal diff.

My tracker draw is Truro's trip to Charlton.  Should be a big one financially for them despite it being a likely hammering.

As for our draw...my girlfriend was actually getting excited about the possible away trips we could do, until Carlisle came out.  Winnable but difficult draw.

10 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The three ties you mention were all proper FA Cup games - that's what the cup is about. Drew at Chasetown before putting 4 past them in the replay - scored 4 at  Hednesford with the Thurrock game (1-0 win) on a Sunday I seem to recall.

Cracking away days!

Yes I agree and I went to all three matches. What I'm getting at is the place itself, let's be honest a trip to the fine city of Carlisle trumps a trip to either of the aforementioned doesn't it? 

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He'll be cup tied, won't he...

Technically not cup tied. However, Wigan may not allow us to play him to prevent him from being cup-tied. The same with anyone else we have on loan, where Doyle would be the biggest risk.

He can still play and if he does that should be a clear indication that he will be available in January.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Cracking away days!

Personally enjoyed Thurrock for the very creditable effort me and Mr Tulsehill made to get their extremely fat and angry red-faced manager to twat us live on air.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Cracking away days!

Chasetown is still one of the best aways,there chairman came into the boozer we were in after the game and bought us a beer

6 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Decent away trip that or so I've heard as I haven't been to Brunton Park. Could have been a lot worse, remember Hednesford, Thurrock & Chasetown to name three. How bad was it at Chasetown, took me a week to dry out. 

Do you even like Football?

13 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

My tracker draw is Truro's trip to Charlton.  Should be a big one financially for them despite it being a likely hammering.

As for our draw...my girlfriend was actually getting excited about the possible away trips we could do, until Carlisle came out.  Winnable but difficult draw.

Your own tracker? Renegade Master. :D

6 minutes ago, OldhamSheridan said:

Is this the round they shift half the games to the Sunday for TV purposes or have they stopped that nonsense?

Normally one on the Friday and around eight to the Sunday, it's normally non league v league on the Sunday though so we should be fine for a Saturday kick off.

31 minutes ago, OldhamSheridan said:

Is this the round they shift half the games to the Sunday for TV purposes or have they stopped that nonsense?

I think it's a brilliant afternoon watching the ebb and flow of 8 cup ties on the Sunday!

It was fun having goals fly in on Soccer Saturday as they tried to cover all the Prem, Champ and FA Cup games at once, but I prefer the current arrangement.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/10/2017 at 7:56 PM, the_mighty_bosh said:

Despite Tyler Harvey's goal making things a bit more interesting, a Ben Reeves double and a Mark Marshall goal meant that the Addicks knocked out the plucky Cornish side 3-1.

Next up on my tracker draw, Charlton travel a little west to play Wimbledon.