Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is imminent it’s more likely to be tomorrow or later in the week. Pretty sure that for something as earth shattering as a club takeover a press conference would be called as and when.

Having said that it is possible that the press and media have already been made aware of it but have been sworn to secrecy, however, with all the moles within the club and all ‘them’ ITK I very much doubt that we’re possible!?

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If it is imminent it’s more likely to be tomorrow or later in the week. Pretty sure that for something as earth shattering as a club takeover a press conference would be called as and when.

Having said that it is possible that the press and media have already been made aware of it but have been sworn to secrecy, however, with all the moles within the club and all ‘them’ ITK I very much doubt that we’re possible!?

Potential for awkward questions at press conference.

Expect to see lengthy article on website with all concerned expressing their delight.

3 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I suspect it’s going to be a massive disappointment to many when it happens. AL is not a billionaire so I can’t see he just going to throw all kinds of money at us as many on here think/hope.

Not sure anyone expects that.  Stability, with a bit of cash and a forward looking owner will do me. 

1 minute ago, ghostofcecere said:

I suspect it’s going to be a massive disappointment to many when it happens. AL is not a billionaire so I can’t see he just going to throw all kinds of money at us as many on here think/hope.

If he’s not fairly well wedged the whole thing would be pointless!!.....especially if the sale doesn’t include any of the land.

I still think he will have backers behind him waiting in the wings.

42 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

You could be right. However, I wrote this yesterday on another OWTB topic yesterday but it was probably more suited to this topic:

"

I’d like AL to have more money than Corney, obviously, but to be honest, if he has the same or less it’s possible he might actually know how to run a football club better than the clusterfuck Corney has resided over. 

Rather than strip it bare, make embarrassingly bad decisions and spend years alienating and backstabbing fans and a body of people like the Trust who want to help the club, maybe AL realises that if we all pull in the same direction than against one another, more can be achieved. That doesn’t cost money. "

One thing will defiantly happen if (my fingers firmly crossed it doesn't collapse)  it goes through, the journos will get a press release possibly embargoed, so they will either state it outright or if it is embargoed give hints in advance, so we will know.

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

If/when it goes through it won’t be a disappointment. We won’t be signing Messi but we will be in a superior position than we are now - which admittedly wouldn’t be hard. 

That’s my understanding of it from what I’ve heard anyway. 

And no, I won’t be revealing any sources. 

1 minute ago, Hands on said:

Doesn't there have to be a meeting/contact with the Trust before the takeover is done and dusted?  Have they been sworn to secrecy as well?

Don't anyone hold your breath.

As they have said before they have met the trust rep on the board so surely no requirement to meet them. 

3 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Doesn't there have to be a meeting/contact with the Trust before the takeover is done and dusted?  Have they been sworn to secrecy as well?

Don't anyone hold your breath.

There's been a meeting with the Trust rep on the OAFC board which is what is required. We're hoping for a meeting as a Trust with AL soon but the takeover isn't dependent on that.

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Guy on owtb says he met an emargoed new signing who says takeover on monday.

Becomes taken as fact takeover will be on monday.

Monday comes.

Monday goes.

Corney’s siphon is still stuck right up us.

Oh Monday mornin´ you gave me no warnin´ of what was to be

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

You could be right. However, I wrote this yesterday on another OWTB topic yesterday but it was probably more suited to this topic:

"

I’d like AL to have more money than Corney, obviously, but to be honest, if he has the same or less it’s possible he might actually know how to run a football club better than the clusterfuck Corney has resided over. 

Rather than strip it bare, make embarrassingly bad decisions and spend years alienating and backstabbing fans and a body of people like the Trust who want to help the club, maybe AL realises that if we all pull in the same direction than against one another, more can be achieved. That doesn’t cost money. "

This is as much as I am expecting and realistic.

An end to the ongoing financial uncertainty of our Club would be an amazing start.

Should be able to attract a few decent players if we rebuild our reputation on paying them on time for starters

12 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Guy on owtb says he met an emargoed new signing who says takeover on monday.

Becomes taken as fact takeover will be on monday.

Monday comes.

Monday goes.

Corney’s siphon is still stuck right up us.

Not sure if you are implying I made it up, but the first bit is true. He did say he has been told by the club it will be sorted on Monday...

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

This is as much as I am expecting and realistic.

An end to the ongoing financial uncertainty of our Club would be an amazing start.

Should be able to attract a few decent players if we rebuild our reputation on paying them on time for starters

Agreed.

He could actually have less money but more acumen and I would be pleased.

Altho I’m still 70% certain that the EFL aren’t going to allow it.

No I’m not implying that. Does read that way a bit doesn’t it. What I mean is that we are clearly 99% of the way along and awaiting the decision from a panel of suits, one of the least likely people to be in on the decision making of that panel of suits will be a new signing at the club.

Maybe RW told him that just to get him signed. Great work if so ?

Archived