Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

7 hours ago, Midsblue said:

I spoke to someone about four weeks ago who’s involved with one of four clubs who had been in talks with the consortium including Bergkamp, Kuyt and Larsson.  His club was told that 2-3 years ago members of that consortium had similar talks with three other English clubs before looking abroad.  This consortium also includes Kluivert, a football agent called Rob Jansen, Ronald Koeman as a consultant and, this is where it got interesting,  Clarence Seedorf.

They claimed that they spoke with one L1 club at the start of the 2017/18 season.  Apparently the consortium walked away when they discovered that another interested party had already begun funding the club!  Too many coincidences especially as Seedorf was linked to our managers job in September 2017 having been spotted the club?  

Admittedly I should have posted this sooner but I’ve been busy with other commitments and to be frank, I’m really apathetic about the club at moment so haven’t frequented this site as much as would normally.  

However, when I saw this rumour earlier today on social media linking us to a Dutch consortium, I spoke again with this bloke.  He told me that they are still actively looking to buy a club at L1/L2 level and it wouldn’t surprise him if they’ve approached our club again.

He believes Oldham would definitely be on their radar because it’s common knowledge that our owner is desperate to sell (his words not mine) so they’d achieve a decent purchase price and they saw massive potential with us (I’m scratching my head with that comment) along with other clubs at L1 and L2 level.  They have the funds but want to reduce the long-term reliance of them bankrolling the club through off-field activities and they’re passionate to create a community environment.  This has been the stumbling block with other clubs because they want to buy the stadium too but they’ve found stadium ownership is complex at our level.  Now I’m no conspiracy theorist but their plan is similar to the OEC/FLG model!

He reckons that this consortium is that ambitious that they were looking to be owning a club by January 31st (that was September but before closure of transfer window?) or at very least “their manager” installed before that date whilst the sale is completed/passed by EFL.

Here’s hoping.....

a football agent

I stopped reading from there.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

a football agent

I stopped reading from there.

Yes, but we are talking a competent one in their case rather than ours.

He respresents/ed Dennis Bergkamp, Wim Jonk, Edwin van der Sar, Philip Cocu, Patrick Kluivert, Dirk Kuyt, Ibrahim Affellay, Stijn Schaars, Maarten Stekelenburg.

The Agent model, if Abdallah was halfway competent, should have worked far better for us.

6 minutes ago, singe said:

Yes, but we are talking a competent one in their case rather than ours.

He respresents/ed Dennis Bergkamp, Wim Jonk, Edwin van der Sar, Philip Cocu, Patrick Kluivert, Dirk Kuyt, Ibrahim Affellay, Stijn Schaars, Maarten Stekelenburg.

The Agent model, if Abdallah was halfway competent, should have worked far better for us.

So you are saying this is like a super Salford City model?

I would ask though why haven't they done this in Holland?

The Dutch consortium would be far better taking over Curzon Ashton, where the club structure (including the youth set up)  is already excellent with a stadium full of development potential.

The area has no EFL club so the potential of a 'Tameside United' team would be great. 

7 hours ago, Midsblue said:

I spoke to someone about four weeks ago who’s involved with one of four clubs who had been in talks with the consortium including Bergkamp, Kuyt and Larsson.  His club was told that 2-3 years ago members of that consortium had similar talks with three other English clubs before looking abroad.  This consortium also includes Kluivert, a football agent called Rob Jansen, Ronald Koeman as a consultant and, this is where it got interesting,  Clarence Seedorf.

They claimed that they spoke with one L1 club at the start of the 2017/18 season.  Apparently the consortium walked away when they discovered that another interested party had already begun funding the club!  Too many coincidences especially as Seedorf was linked to our managers job in September 2017 having been spotted the club?  

Admittedly I should have posted this sooner but I’ve been busy with other commitments and to be frank, I’m really apathetic about the club at moment so haven’t frequented this site as much as would normally.  

However, when I saw this rumour earlier today on social media linking us to a Dutch consortium, I spoke again with this bloke.  He told me that they are still actively looking to buy a club at L1/L2 level and it wouldn’t surprise him if they’ve approached our club again.

He believes Oldham would definitely be on their radar because it’s common knowledge that our owner is desperate to sell (his words not mine) so they’d achieve a decent purchase price and they saw massive potential with us (I’m scratching my head with that comment) along with other clubs at L1 and L2 level.  They have the funds but want to reduce the long-term reliance of them bankrolling the club through off-field activities and they’re passionate to create a community environment.  This has been the stumbling block with other clubs because they want to buy the stadium too but they’ve found stadium ownership is complex at our level.  Now I’m no conspiracy theorist but their plan is similar to the OEC/FLG model!

He reckons that this consortium is that ambitious that they were looking to be owning a club by January 31st (that was September but before closure of transfer window?) or at very least “their manager” installed before that date whilst the sale is completed/passed by EFL.

Here’s hoping.....

I’m not usually this hard this early...

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The Dutch consortium would be far better taking over Curzon Ashton, where the club structure (including the youth set up)  is already excellent with a stadium full of development potential.

The area has no EFL club so the potential of a 'Tameside United' team would be great. 

Don’t give them ideas

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Wash your mouth out!

8 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Here’s hoping.....

Does feel like there’s traction going on with this Dutch interest. Heard a few things that could all be linked...if it were to be 2+2 = 4 then it’d be a good outcome for all. 

No matter what ppls viewpoint is...it is probably best for all that the AL era does move on sooner than later. Some of us would prefer it the right way however...rather than by force.

Btw, as for the potential side of things, the Bournemouth story will always be the one to look at (long before they got the Russian money). Let’s hope our tangerine dream takes on a touch of Oranje 👍🏻

10 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Here’s hoping.....

It would be extremely ironic if Marco passes us on to a much better owner, despite Corney's promise to do so.
Finngers very firmly crossed, but it's Latics, we don't have much luck do we, we're waaay overdue some.

2 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Does feel like there’s traction going on with this Dutch interest. Heard a few things that could all be linked...if it were to be 2+2 = 4 then it’d be a good outcome for all. 

No matter what ppls viewpoint is...it is probably best for all that the AL era does move on sooner than later. Some of us would prefer it the right way however...rather than by force.

Btw, as for the potential side of things, the Bournemouth story will always be the one to look at (long before they got the Russian money). Let’s hope our tangerine dream takes on a touch of Oranje 👍🏻

Boom..!

2 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

The future is bright the future is Orange ? 

10 hours ago, Midsblue said:

they saw massive potential with us (I’m scratching my head with that comment)

I doubt many, if many, other clubs at this level can evidence the crowd potential we have with the Liverpool/Everton cup games, Fulham away etc, League One playoff games... 

14 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I doubt many, if many, other clubs at this level can evidence the crowd potential we have with the Liverpool/Everton cup games, Fulham away etc, League One playoff games... 

Bradford? Plymouth? Swindon? I think if Liverpool rolled up they would sell out. Lets not pretend the home end at BP was full of Latics fans only. 

15 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Bradford? Plymouth? Swindon? I think if Liverpool rolled up they would sell out. Lets not pretend the home end at BP was full of Latics fans only. 

Are those three not already getting decent crowds that are unlikely to rise as quickly and substantially as ours could? 

Just now, HarryBosch said:

Are those three not already getting decent crowds that are unlikely to rise as quickly and substantially as ours could? 

And all have owners who are pushing them forwards as opposed to ones looking to sell up?

Archived