Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

How do you know this?

Someone who spoke to me recently, doesn't want to reveal too much (I know, I know but please don't shoot the messenger) but his view concurs with Midsblue.

He added that the action of the home boycotters has hit cashflow to such an extent, that the owner wants out (preferably with a sale). Now, if that happens.... the boycotters may well yet achieve their objective without further harm to the club.

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

How do you know this?

I’ve heard from three different sources now each unrelated to one another.  I’m not naming them but all three are equally credible.

Common theme from all three is that parties, purporting to be representatives of the club are actively gauging interest.  The asking price is currently unrealistic but it’s been heavily suggested that there’s room for negotiation as the owner wants a quick sale.

1 minute ago, Midsblue said:

I’ve heard from three different sources now each unrelated to one another.  I’m not naming them but all three are equally credible.

Common theme from all three is that parties, purporting to be representatives of the club are actively gauging interest.  The asking price is currently unrealistic but it’s been heavily suggested that there’s room for negotiation as the owner wants a quick sale.

i dont blame him for wanting to sell to be honest 

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

P.S. he meant the "pay on the day" boycotters - their missing cash is proving v costly i.e. entrance money and spending within ground.

Good, as soon as they fuck off the better so I can get back to watching my team at BP. It’s been a long eight months away. 

Just now, disjointed said:

This, mind you I will be there on the 7th, ain't stepping foot in the place though. 

Me too, then a pint or two in the OEC and off home like I have been doing. Been tough, but if staying away ultimately gets rid of those two herberts then it will have been worth it. 

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

This, mind you I will be there on the 7th, ain't stepping foot in the place though. 

Dilemma - I`ve been boycotting too since early season but will deffo be supporting the PTB protest on the 7th. However, IF something is planned that day within the ground (e.g. the ceremonial throwing of scarves) I won't know what to do i.e. pay in to the game or just walk off to the pub before the game?

Could do with clarifying the "scarf throwing/returning" event on the day, well beforehand

2 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Dilemma - I`ve been boycotting too since early season but will deffo be supporting the PTB protest on the 7th. However, IF something is planned that day within the ground (e.g. the ceremonial throwing of scarves) I won't know what to do i.e. pay in to the game or just walk off to the pub before the game?

Could do with clarifying the "scarf throwing/returning" event on the day, well beforehand

No dilemma here as I never collected mine in the first place and I’m fucked if I’m chucking them the scarf I paid fifteen nicker for off t’interweb

6 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Leave them on OEC property so they cant be removed by the club.Then remove them when  AL & co depart.

2 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

i dont blame him for wanting to sell to be honest 

He clearly expected more sycophancy.
However, the vast majority of fans turned against him because of his actions. If h'ed have improved us he'd have got a lot more support, way out of his depth.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

This will be at outside main stand before the game 👍

16 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Could this be the FLG (seeking interest that is)?

18 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Out of interest how much roughly do we think it would cost to buy the club?

I'm thinking along the lines of Euro lottery you see. I quite fancy owning Latics. First thing I'd do is appoint myself manager and drag Andy Ritchie back...not as manager...up front...maybe along side Frankie B.

Archived