Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

55 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I doubt many, if many, other clubs at this level can evidence the crowd potential we have with the Liverpool/Everton cup games, Fulham away etc, League One playoff games... 

One off games like these, you’ll always get a turn out.

Not sure a dormant fan base exists that’ll fill the ground every week, though (unless we reach the Premier League, maybe..).

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JoeP said:

One off games like these, you’ll always get a turn out.

Not sure a dormant fan base exists that’ll fill the ground every week, though (unless we reach the Premier League, maybe..).

We'd get 6k plus if we were near the top of this league in April/May.....

They'd be buying 3,000 crowd football club that they could quickly turn into a 4,5,6000 crowd club if they know what they're doing...

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

I just don't buy he wants out, why go through the fan forum. He could easily have dodged it, why appoint new staff etc. Just doesn't add up to me.

Maybe the pivotal moment was the fans forum. I think they were honestly shocked at how angry people were. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

We'd get 6k plus if we were near the top of this league in April/May.....

They'd be buying 3,000 crowd football club that they could quickly turn into a 4,5,6000 crowd club if they know what they're doing...

Maybe, but even that would barely balance the books. Off field income is vital and they would definitely need to buy the lot. These are football people who may stick with it longer than some random business man, and would have much more trust from the fans.

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I just don't buy he wants out, why go through the fan forum. He could easily have dodged it, why appoint new staff etc. Just doesn't add up to me.

Maybe the fans forum and the new protest group have made his mind up. He probably thinks, why should he keep ploughing money in if it's mot appreciated.

Maddog beat me to it.

We all wanted corney to sell which he did and AL brought us. But it has been disasterouus from every angle. Oldham been riddled with bad luck for 20 plus years . I so hope a new owner or corsortium can be sorted asap. The Dutch link could be just what we need and fingers crossed they have been in touch and the ball can start rolling and our luck and change of fortune turns full circle. We deserve it. 

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Maybe, but even that would barely balance the books. Off field income is vital and they would definitely need to buy the lot. These are football people who may stick with it longer than some random business man, and would have much more trust from the fans.

And more idea of how to run a football club.

6 minutes ago, rosa said:

It's Friday, it's 5pm, that can only mean one thing..... STATEMENT TIME! https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/november/15112019-statement/

When my trains are cancelled there is usually an announcement thanking me for my patience. 

I get odd looks when I shout back that I'm right out of f#cking patience at the top of my voice.  Usually get a seat to myself on the next one though. 

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

When my trains are cancelled there is usually an announcement thanking me for my patience. 

I get odd looks when I shout back that I'm right out of f#cking patience at the top of my voice.  Usually get a seat to myself on the next one though. 

😂😂😂   Excellent !!!

2 hours ago, maddog said:

Maybe the pivotal moment was the fans forum. I think they were honestly shocked at how angry people were. 

they looked genuinely shocked at the hostility from some this wasnt how kevin chuckle and his chums had told him it would go 

1 minute ago, peanuts said:

they looked genuinely shocked at the hostility from some this wasnt how kevin chuckle and his chums had told him it would go 

That should’ve been a clue to them that Chuckle is not your ‘usual’ Latics fan....

1 hour ago, rosa said:

It's Friday, it's 5pm, that can only mean one thing..... STATEMENT TIME! https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/november/15112019-statement/

There's a nothing statement, then. But it's great to know that everything has been paid. If it has, that is, as we know that certain members of the Board are a little economical with the truth

3 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

There's a nothing statement, then. But it's great to know that everything has been paid. If it has, that is, as we know that certain members of the Board are a little economical with the truth

Or have had their pants pulled down. Can't blame them for things they don't know about... 

On 11/15/2019 at 3:37 PM, latics22 said:

He does and he’s playing two faces -

1. A passionate Chairman who’s openly admitting he’s made mistakes but he’s here long-term, who’s saving the club financially and whose driven to secure Championship football for Oldham Athletic 

2. A battered individual whose quick at any opportunity to escape to Dubai to avoid the spotlight.  His dream of owning a football club is in ruins; having been fucked over in extra millions by those he trusted to conduct due diligence. Haemorrhaging tens of thousands each week as legacy of his older siblings Director of Football / super scout attempts resulting in absolute disaster, no return on investment, mass tribunals etc etc.

Which face do you believe?  

I do feel sorry for the bloke because our club has sucked him in and spat him out almost destitute.  Then again, it’s those closest to him that have failed him and not our club, the fans etc.  He assumed the fans would bow down to him but loyalty is short-lived in football and only on results, league positions, wins and goals.  None of which have materialised so we’re hungry for the next tenant as Chairman/owner to succeed where Lemsagam has failed.  

Problem is, he wants to sell .... he’s desperate to sell ... but he’s asking too much especially with little or no asset value to bargain with.  Clearing debts is one thing but our league position, squad value and short to medium term prospects add up to absolute minimal value.  Valuations are poles apart......

39 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I do feel sorry for the bloke because our club has sucked him in and spat him out almost destitute.  Then again, it’s those closest to him that have failed him and not our club, the fans etc.  He assumed the fans would bow down to him but loyalty is short-lived in football and only on results, league positions, wins and goals.  None of which have materialised so we’re hungry for the next tenant as Chairman/owner to succeed where Lemsagam has failed.  

You feel sorry for the bloke??

Nah. He's tried to play the victim with the due diligence thing, while in reality he's just tried to do things on the cheap (or when not on the cheap, using very strange financial algorithms), while treating everyone like shit, which has destroyed the reputation and the functionality of the club as a whole.

Archived