Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

2 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

im just looking forward to the queue of potential investors turn up at boundary park if Abdallah decides to sell up 🤔🤔.

Fans are deluded if they think people will be climbing over themselves to buy the club,.. Sadly its a club that has low ROI .. 3000+ gates not alot of returns just on gate income alone. its a sad situation for any investor current or future 

I think I’m right in saying that in the summer after relegation season ticket sales went up. It’s only after a further 12 months of incompetency that crowds started falling dramatically. 

To try and deflect the blame for our current situation on to the fans as you have been doing fairly regularly is pretty poor. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

There are a lot of decent folk who are arguably in the pro-AL camp. This mostly stems from a morbid fear of the club instantly being liquidated the minute AL walks away. My dad for instance regularly replies with the "Well who is going to step in?" line if I ever probe him on his take on it all. As a fanbase, we're notoriously subservient to whatever regime is in place and tend to just vote with our feet apathetically rather than galvanise into a coherent protest group in a way the Push The Boundary group are doing. It doesn't make all pro-AL types cranks, weirdos and scabs in any way, they'd just much rather have a club to watch no matter how shit the regime makes it.

Push The Boundary seem to have done some decent work in mobilising the way they have done. They have a lot of work to do to really harmonise our fanbase though.

What you say definitely makes sense. 

if Push the Boundary could bring our fanbase together to a point where they could co-ordinate a good and a poor turnout at two matches, it might give a potential new owner confidence that better crowds are possible and give "Push the Boundary" a stronger voice when talking to AL. 

3 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

im just looking forward to the queue of potential investors turn up at boundary park if Abdallah decides to sell up 🤔🤔.

Fans are deluded if they think people will be climbing over themselves to buy the club,.. Sadly its a club that has low ROI .. 3000+ gates not alot of returns just on gate income alone. its a sad situation for any investor current or future 

Nice one shitpeas :chubb:

3 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

There are much easier ways to make money then owning a football club Franko, I would advise anyone looking to do at OAFC to steer well clear at the current time.

6 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

And then what though??

At the very worst we would be looking at being fans run / and or owned and the ground being back in the clubs favour in terms of revenue. 

I don't for one minute think the FLG will hand over the stadium once they have bought it, why would they? But I think the potential is there for the club to benefit from the revenue we all know the North Stand provides. I'm sure if the shit hit the fan they would be a good support for the club even if they don't take up ownership of the club.

Potential investors will see that there is an opportunity to bring club and stadium together. You then have a package worth investing in as there will be income from non football streams and plenty of land if it all goes tits up. The land is what makes clubs a bit less risky to own. Our glorious leader essentially owns fuck all hence him being in hot water as the debts rack up.

Who knows, Blitz could call in his debts and take back the club to clear the debt. He could then potentially sell the lot to the FLG. Makes you think doesn't it?

Think even owning the land the OEC and club together is unlikely to see a Financial return on any potential owners investment although it will probably reduce the amount that is being lost.

That said people who generally buy football clubs more often than not do so (their are a couple of exceptions) with no real intention of making a financial return. Which doesn't mean they look to lose more money than they should but many do so for the prestige of owning a football club has.

5 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

32 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

And then what though??

So your plan is just to sit tight until he gets bored or skint?

What if he just walks as he is skint, or bored? The same could happen if no fans had protested at all.

There are people waiting in the wings, Bury showed there are. 
Better to be on the front foot and evaluating them, trying to filter the genuine ones through.

Sitting back waiting for the Lemsagam's moves is the worst course of action.

Facilitating his departaure and at a much better price if he is not that motivated to sell is preferred. If he held out this season we could be in the Confrence.

Bit of 3D chess coming up I think.

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Think even owning the land the OEC and club together is unlikely to see a Financial return on any potential owners investment although it will probably reduce the amount that is being lost.

That said people who generally buy football clubs more often than not do so (their are a couple of exceptions) with no real intention of making a financial return. Which doesn't mean they look to lose more money than they should but many do so for the prestige of owning a football club has.

The land is likely to rise in value and there is still more land there than can be developed. As long as the price is sensible then I can see us being an attractive package once the offer is the club and the ground.

There is no reason with a return of crowds from not too long ago and the income from the North Stand that we couldn't be a tidy break even league 2 / 1 side. If Dale can achieve this with their dump of a ground then Latics should be able to. 

There would be an upturn of monies into the North Stand as well I believe. If fans felt that booking the functions or joining the gym directly increased the clubs pot then I think business would pick up even more. Currently there is a small group of fans who would actively avoid putting any more in there. 

There is not a fortune to be made (unless deluded Dino delivers the Champ in his time scale) but it would not necessarily be the black hole both Corney and AL have made us out to be if run properly. 

6 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

But the intention of the FLG is to sell the ground and North Stand to any potential future buyer of the football club. Any buyer then gets plenty of potential for ROI.

Genuine question..

Do we actually know who is leading the alleged FLG, and when they are likely to show their hand?

At the moment I'm not convinced by the whole FLG line.

Sorry if its obvious and I have missed it....it's what living darn sarf does to you....

1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

Genuine question..

Do we actually know who is leading the alleged FLG, and when they are likely to show their hand?

Sorry if its obvious and I have missed it....it's what living darn sarf does to you....

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

To be honest Andy doesn't really tell us anything concrete...my intention is to retire in 5 years....about a 1% of it happening at the moment though!

How much have they raised? Who are the leaders in the group? I've been watching Latics for over 40 years and seen many false dawns....I'd just like them to come out and openly state where things are...if indeed they are anywhere!

16 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

To be honest Andy doesn't really tell us anything concrete...my intention is to retire in 5 years....about a 1% of it happening at the moment though!

How much have they raised? Who are the leaders in the group? I've been watching Latics for over 40 years and seen many false dawns....I'd just like them to come out and openly state where things are...if indeed they are anywhere!

The FLG as it stands consists of SImon Wood, Simon Brooke and Paul Whitehead.  The 'potential' backers want to stay silent for the time being, and I am sure there is logic in their reasoning...

11 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

The FLG as it stands consists of SImon Wood, Simon Brooke and Paul Whitehead.  The 'potential' backers want to stay silent for the time being, and I am sure there is logic in their reasoning...

OK thanks. I guess we need to hope that the potential backers have the money and are credible...

43 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Genuine question..

What is the FLG in your minds eye - some kind of gang or terrorist organisation? 

Do you imagine their "leader" living in a "compound"?

And what is it that they've tried to convince you about that you're not convinced of? 

16 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

What is the FLG in your minds eye - some kind of gang or terrorist organisation? 

Do you imagine their "leader" living in a "compound"?

And what is it that they've tried to convince you about that you're not convinced of? 

Your guess is as good as mine......that's the point

7 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

But the intention of the FLG is to sell the ground and North Stand to any potential future buyer of the football club. Any buyer then gets plenty of potential for ROI.

I thought the FLG were going to offer a steak in the ground to the supporters. The North Stand and surrounding land could be sold on.

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

Who knows, Blitz could call in his debts and take back the club to clear the debt. He could then potentially sell the lot to the FLG. Makes you think doesn't it?

I thought that was the idea anyway.

32 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I thought the FLG were going to offer a steak in the ground to the supporters. The North Stand and surrounding land could be sold on.

I thought that was the idea anyway.

It would make a change from pies and hotdogs I suppose

Archived