Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Two fans who seem to have got themselves into Abdallah's inner circle of sycophants.

Very much from the Chuckle envelope... 

Nobody I know seems to know them or have met them... 

Is Party not the whopper who was defending Bullshit Baz at the Fans/Trust Meet back in March this year?

15 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I can't keep up. Who are Halliwell and /or Partington? 

Both are part of the team who  run the 'Realistic Oldham Athletic fans' Facebook page and are 'in' with Mo especially, Halliwell brags about how he gets to sit with Mo at most away games

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Is there room on the bench?

Oh yes that reminds me. When Mo was sat ont he bench,

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Paul W?  struggling to get terribly excited so far.

Paul Whitehead - exs ticket office vounteer & his company built the North Stand and is the main FLG partner.

21 minutes ago, singe said:

Ever seen them at the same meeting..... 😉

My vision of lookerstandandy is more.....well Hugh Jackman as Wolverine....hellooooooo. hahah

My true vision of Andy Halliwell, is that he is not Hugh Jackman as wolverine.

It is what it is...heheh

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Two fans who seem to have got themselves into Abdallah's inner circle of sycophants.

Very much from the Chuckle envelope... 

Nobody I know seems to know them or have met them... 

Unsworthlatic and myself got a lift home from Carlisle with Mike Halliwell - first time I had met him & to be honest, whilst firmly in the Pro-AL camp he at least understood others concerns about the way the regime was operating.

Steve Partington is a regular attender of away matches, presumably home as well, we don't speak as I think he knows my feelings on the regime and he can't bullshit me on how much AL is putting in on a weekly basis etc etc. He has come up with some belters on his thoughts on why fans are staying away - throwing flares at Bradford apparently has lopped 1000 off our home attendances (wasn't there so can't comment on factual accuracy but don't agree with his assessment of why fans staying away).

Very probably both are decent people and supporters but I feel both are firmly in the denial stage of the club's mismanagement.  I would love to be proved wrong and everything under AL et his regime is both above board and the club is on a firm footing but I think I will still be waiting for longer than this Friday I am afraid  

4 hours ago, singe said:

Ah, it was Mike Halliwell, not S Partington

Shit, misread it - its that old chestnut "could" probably won't be but could lol. Wish the truth would come out ASAP so we can all carry on with our own lives without wondering whether AL's regime is more honest about the North Stand etc. than the Brassbank/ OEC/ FLG* (delete as applicable) or vice versa    

2 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

He has come up with some belters on his thoughts on why fans are staying away - throwing flares at Bradford apparently has lopped 1000 off our home attendances (wasn't there so can't comment on factual accuracy but don't agree with his assessment of why fans staying away).

There was a flare thrown during HT in the bar area, but I don't remember one during the game and having reviewed my videos of the pissboil at the end of the match there wasn't one thrown then. 

I did see someone on Twitter say they were affected by the flare, so they might not be going as a result. But that's it. 

Where anyone would get that to mean 1000 fans aren't going is a mystery. 

31 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

I think the flare incident is a smoke screen it is the drivel on the pitch why numbers are falling.

If it was just the drivel on the pitch, then I’d still be going. I can’t speak for the other 999, but it’s because of the wankers in the boardroom why I’ve stopped going. 

7 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Very probably both are decent people and supporters but I feel both are firmly in the denial stage of the club's mismanagement.

There are a lot of decent folk who are arguably in the pro-AL camp. This mostly stems from a morbid fear of the club instantly being liquidated the minute AL walks away. My dad for instance regularly replies with the "Well who is going to step in?" line if I ever probe him on his take on it all. As a fanbase, we're notoriously subservient to whatever regime is in place and tend to just vote with our feet apathetically rather than galvanise into a coherent protest group in a way the Push The Boundary group are doing. It doesn't make all pro-AL types cranks, weirdos and scabs in any way, they'd just much rather have a club to watch no matter how shit the regime makes it.

Push The Boundary seem to have done some decent work in mobilising the way they have done. They have a lot of work to do to really harmonise our fanbase though.

On 11/17/2019 at 7:22 PM, singe said:

He clearly expected more sycophancy.
However, the vast majority of fans turned against him because of his actions. If h'ed have improved us he'd have got a lot more support, way out of his depth.

im just looking forward to the queue of potential investors turn up at boundary park if Abdallah decides to sell up 🤔🤔.

Fans are deluded if they think people will be climbing over themselves to buy the club,.. Sadly its a club that has low ROI .. 3000+ gates not alot of returns just on gate income alone. its a sad situation for any investor current or future 

40 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

im just looking forward to the queue of potential investors turn up at boundary park if Abdallah decides to sell up 🤔🤔.

Fans are deluded if they think people will be climbing over themselves to buy the club,.. Sadly its a club that has low ROI .. 3000+ gates not alot of returns just on gate income alone. its a sad situation for any investor current or future 

But the intention of the FLG is to sell the ground and North Stand to any potential future buyer of the football club. Any buyer then gets plenty of potential for ROI.

Archived