Ex players and that

"We had meetings at the club where I spoke to the secretary, Beechy (Michael Beech), spoke to Mo, spoke to Karl Evans and it became evident then that taking the loan and the loan details were dealt with by the accountant and the owner."

"It was down to Shahed (finance director Shahed Alam) and the owner. They just took the money and didn't think about the ramifications of taking the money and how it affected the running of the football club."

1 minute ago, LaticMark said:

"We had meetings at the club where I spoke to the secretary, Beechy (Michael Beech), spoke to Mo, spoke to Karl Evans and it became evident then that taking the loan and the loan details were dealt with by the accountant and the owner."

"It was down to Shahed (finance director Shahed Alam) and the owner. They just took the money and didn't think about the ramifications of taking the money and how it affected the running of the football club."

Looks all about saving AL money no matter what the outcome for the team.

Is that accountant still here?

I've defended the former FD before but this doesn't put him in a good light.

But Keith can still sling it. He says in the interview with Suzanne that he doesn't blame the EFL, but back in September he was openly slating them to the press over our registration issues.

He also says he didn't know about the embargo until pre-season. Well, Barry was on the podcast in May 2021 and told Andy and Matt we had taken the EFL loan. 

More excuses to cover up the pathetic job he did here...

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

I've defended the former FD before but this doesn't put him in a good light.

But Keith can still sling it. He says in the interview with Suzanne that he doesn't blame the EFL, but back in September he was openly slating them to the press over our registration issues.

He also says he didn't know about the embargo until pre-season. Well, Barry was on the podcast in May 2021 and told Andy and Matt we had taken the EFL loan. 

More excuses to cover up the pathetic job he did here...

At the end of the day it's all down to AL.

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm sure they advertised for a Finance Manager when he left but nobody seems to have taken the role looking at the official website...

You're right, as with every other vacancy we have no one seems to be interested

Wonder why?

About as shambolic and unprofessional as the fanbase predicted at the time.

Keith Curle was never going to pull up any plants with the team, but the nonsense behind the scenes was (and still is) just embarrassing.

19 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Or those who are interested are a bit less experienced than would be ideal.

Maybe anyone with a bit of common sense would have done a better job than the muppets who have been in charge.

6 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Exactly, do you need a Finance Officer when you haven't a pot to piss in?

No but you do need someone to make sure you submit the accounts on time and to an acceptable standard. Something SABO has struggled with in the past. 

6 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Exactly, do you need a Finance Officer when you haven't a pot to piss in?

That's exactly when you need to look at the books you can findout when you can atleast get a pot. 

We probably haven't filled that role as their is so many finance vacancies about at the moment so candidates have a choice of where to go. Anyone who did their homework wouldn't go near the place.

21 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Former Latics ticket office maestro transferred to Notts Forest:

I’m sure he nailed the when have you had to overcome a challenging situation at work question in the interview 

• Like 8