Ex players and that

38 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

I bet Buxton are fuming.

2-1 up in 96th min with 4 injury time minutes left to play, and they are making them play the full match again.

Not a bad team Buxton, their right  winger Sam Osborne is probably quicker than Green, knows where the net is too.

2 hours ago, Lags said:

Had Norwood taken his chances that many would have expected of him to date, perhaps he would also.

No thanks to Dave.

With the service he has had to date his return is commendable.

In a decent team he would probably be into double figures by now.

Fancy spending all that money on a top striker and then having no idea as to how to get the best out of him!!

If I was Norwood I’d be absolutely pig sick how it’s turned out!

I can’t imagine Frank being too happy either!

Absolute shambles!

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

Fancy spending all that money on a top striker and then having no idea as to how to get the best out of him!!

Absolute shambles!

Just blindly bang the ball into the opposition box and he'd score quite a few.

Only Kitching consistently hits decent crosses but even he doesn't vary them enough. Bang a few low ones in now and then and trust Norwood's movement to get on the end of them.

No one gets across the near post or moves towards the ball except Norwood. 🥵

14 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Just play him up front in a 2 with Nuttall. 2 wide men playing the ball into him, Nuttall creating space and occupying the other centre half.

Almost like this worked once and then didn't get tried again.......

I'm not convinced in general that 442 is the best formation. But in our circumstances it probably is in the short term.

But whatever happens behind I'm absolutely convinced we should be starting Norwood and Nuttall up front. I can't believe we haven't gone back to that in the last few games. It's the only time I've seen Norwood look like he's linking up with anyone.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Absolute shambles!

Come on, he hit the bar when he should have scored in one game, admitted in his Latics interview he should have scored a hatrick instead of one in another. That's just off the top of my head.

Do I think he'd bang more in if he had the service? of course I do, but to say he's not had golden opportunities is false.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lags said:

Come on, he hit the bar when he should have scored in one game, admitted in his Latics interview he should have scored a hatrick instead of one in another. That's just off the top of my head.

Do I think he'd bang more in if he had the service? of course I do, but to say he's not had golden opportunities is false.

You’re never going to convert all your chances but he’s the only striker who remotely looks like scoring!!

Edited by oafc1955

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

You’re never going to convert all your chances but he’s the only striker who remotely looks like scoring!!

He's the only one getting any decent time on the pitch!  The team has played 720 mins this season, Norwood has played 644 of those. Nuttall the next striker on 355! Fondop 174, Willoughby 145, Reid 85.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

What's the deal with Harry Vaughan this season? Has he been suffering with injuries?

Out of 8 games, he's:

Started 1

Come off the bench late on in 2

An unused in 2

Not been in the squad for 3.

I think Hull have made a couple of shrewd  signings , Scott Twine being one, and have a stronger squad than last year.

9 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

What's the deal with Harry Vaughan this season? Has he been suffering with injuries?

Out of 8 games, he's:

Started 1

Come off the bench late on in 2

An unused in 2

Not been in the squad for 3.

Hull manager not playing him when he really should be.  He'll be off to city soon. 

On 9/11/2023 at 8:20 AM, Dave_Og said:

Definitely an 'and that'... Reading in his Times obituary today that Mike Yarwood had a trial for us some time around 1967. He was a Stockport fan and became a director there.

If true, he would've been around 26 years old at the time. A bit late in life to be entertaining hopes of a career in professional football for someone with no track record in that field thus far?

7 hours ago, Summerdeep said:

If true, he would've been around 26 years old at the time. A bit late in life to be entertaining hopes of a career in professional football for someone with no track record in that field thus far?

Was from The Times obituary. Maybe it was '57. He was a lifelong Stockport fàn and became a director there.