Ex players and that

Well, Grounds scores for Birmingham, Taylor for Blackburn and Stead and Morais knock Chelsea out of the FA Cup at Stamford Bridge.

Just seen brief Bradford highlights. Morris looks like Beckham at free kicks and Stead like Torres when he played for Liverpool. I must have had my eyes shut when they played for us.

Ian Towers dies - one of my all time favourite Latics players. A superb goal scoring winger.

Played 95 Latics games scored 45 goals.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/ian-towers-1940-2015-2226924.aspx

Sad news, a very quick, alert and wholehearted forward, he brought a breath of fresh air into a struggling team, someone of his style would be ideal in the current team.

Edited by BP1960

Ian Towers dies - one of my all time favourite Latics players. A superb goal scoring winger.

Played 95 Latics games scored 45 goals.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/ian-towers-1940-2015-2226924.aspx

Very sad

Excellent goal scorer in the Ken Bates era. A classic poacher, quick turn of speed. Never seemed to be flash, just got on with his job of scoring goals

Reid was :censored:. He was very big too, (look !) looked unfit most of the time. Not sure how much it proves that he's scoring in a lower league, his League One record is tonnes worse than his L2 record.

Abbott was tidy, did a job, scored goals. He was in a :censored: Penney team though.

Rooney's clearly a good player, just didn't click here, whether it be his Swindon contract like O4U says, or being mismanaged.

201123_12614.jpg