Ex players and that

1 hour ago, JohnnyPimp said:

If the story about him not knowing the fixtures had been released was true, then he deserved everything he got.

There's a lot of crap banded about the blokes competence but very few will question the competence of the :clown: who installed him, add to that David Dunn coming in and undermining him from the off then it's not difficult to see he was on a hiding to nothing.

Edited by yarddog73

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Jesus, if we do get them I hope he beats us. The way he was treated was awful.

Bloody hell. I've not know many people want us to get beat, but that has to be the most spurious reason ever.

I'm not surpised Corney picked the team, our guinea pig could have done better.

Mind, I do not wish him ill, glad he's doing well at the level he should have started at, and I hope he goes on to manage succesfully even above our level.

But that was our fault for hiring him in the first place. But treated him badly, nah, he was lucky he got as long as he did.

Wanting him to beat us? :blink: Looney tune.

On 16/10/2017 at 6:03 PM, yarddog73 said:

There's a lot of crap banded about the blokes competence but very few will question the competence of the :clown: who installed him, add to that David Dunn coming in and undermining him from the off then it's not difficult to see he was on a hiding to nothing.

Or a HYDEing

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:21 PM, leeslover said:

Was speaking with a Hyde fan who'd dashed back from Scarborough to make a wedding reception in Manchester. He's quite in the know - although he told us we made a big mistake sacking Kelly... He did admit that DK was a bit clueless when he arrived at Hyde but says when he'd got settled in and understood the level he'd done really well.

Also said Kelly had told him Corney dragged him in one match day and told he (Corney) was picking the team that day! 

Nailed on to be on the telly if we get them away

"Made a big mistake"... he's managing in the evo-stick league ffs.  That's four leagues down isn't it?

ha

44 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

"Made a big mistake"... he's managing in the evo-stick league ffs.  That's four leagues down isn't it?

ha

But as Yazz famously sang," Stand Up for your Love Rights."

Hyde were pretty poor when saw them last season.

22 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Ripley in goal again for Burton tonIght after starting his first league game on Saturday, conceded two Saturday and currently three* tonight.

*make that four.

He won’t be happy with Barnsley’s 2nd and 4th goals. Only able to push one into path of Barnsley player and well beaten at near post for the other

1 hour ago, josh_latics said:

He must genuinely be one of the most prolific scorers in the history of that cup - 11 goals. 

Transfermarkt isn't always gospel, but does have him as the all time top scorer of it:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/football-league-trophy/ewigetorschuetzenliste/pokalwettbewerb/GBFL

Might have missed it - not always up to date on this thread - but as part of the coverage of the England U17s World Cup win I heard a discussion about St George’s Park and the overall set up.

England u15s head coach is Kevin Betsy - decent at times, wasteful at others, winger we signed from Barnsley for a while.  Googled it and he got the job back in April 16 and the fact he played for us was missed in the press release “played for several clubs including....” a list that did not mention Latics.