Ex players and that

10 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Holloway would have scored as many in League 2 as COG did.

I very much doubt it. Holloway will never score many goals in any league. If that's his main remit he'll always be a failure.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

I very much doubt it. Holloway will never score many goals in any league. If that's his main remit he'll always be a failure.

A-League is L1/L2 standard in my opinion, with the odd decent player thrown in. Past his prime Adam Le Fondre was one of the leading strikers last season which indicates the comparative standard. Brisbane decent place to live and he'll be playing in a big stadium (admittedly only a quarter full) for home games. Wish he'd been better for Latics but a great adventure for him. Good luck to the lad.

4 minutes ago, perfectOzblue said:

A-League is L1/L2 standard in my opinion, with the odd decent player thrown in. Past his prime Adam Le Fondre was one of the leading strikers last season which indicates the comparative standard. Brisbane decent place to live and he'll be playing in a big stadium (admittedly only a quarter full) for home games. Wish he'd been better for Latics but a great adventure for him. Good luck to the lad.

The lads making a living, a good one in terms of job satisfaction and above average wage. Can't blame him if clubs want to pay it.

16 minutes ago, Lags said:

The lads making a living, a good one in terms of job satisfaction and above average wage. Can't blame him if clubs want to pay it.

It's mind boggling when you consider we paid Fleetwood £100k for him - and he was on circa £2,500 per week.

A striker is supposed to score goals and AAH never did for us.

5 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

It's mind boggling when you consider we paid Fleetwood £100k for him - and he was on circa £2,500 per week.

Maybe the word "striker" as a description is too loosely bandied about nowadays.  "Forward" would be better as it includes those who'se main attributes are holding the ball up, making space for others etc. 

• Like 2

As Simon Corney once said to me 

Do you know John, the problem with some of our players is they like being  professional footballers with all the benefits and kudos  it brings ................... but they don't actually like playing football.......................... 

1 minute ago, JohnG123 said:

As Simon Corney once said to me 

Do you know John, the problem with some of our players is they like being  professional footballers with all the benefits and kudos  it brings ................... but they don't actually like playing football.......................... 

Just goes to show, Corney was right about some things. 

47 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Or anywhere else. 

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

He scored 2 in 30 at Shrewsbury last season whilst mainly played as a defender.

Do you believe his contribution in goals was sufficient as the main striker he was signed for at Latics?. I also doubt he'll be remembered at Shrewsbury with any passion either,  

17 minutes ago, Lags said:

Do you believe his contribution in goals was sufficient as the main striker he was signed for at Latics?. I also doubt he'll be remembered at Shrewsbury with any passion either,  

No worse than the majority of forwards we've had over the years. I don't think he was amazing but he was instrumental in helping Main score some critical goals to keep us up that season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

No worse than the majority of forwards we've had over the years. I don't think he was amazing but he was instrumental in helping Main score some critical goals to keep us up that season.

It's only a vague memory but I thought they barely played together due to injuries

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's only a vague memory but I thought they barely played together due to injuries

Dave is correct.

Only played together 8 games.

1 goal socred in 531 minutes on the pitch.

The best partnership was AAH & Lee Erwin 3 goals in 7 games and 303 minutes.

Or JAck Byrne and Eoin Doyle 5 goals 32 matches. 2,700 hours

None were prolific.

28 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They did at the start although Holloway got injured which coincided with Main scoring a couple of crucial goals.

Holloway wasn't a goalscorer but still contributed interms of Hold up play and link play.

We've had better we've had worse.

38 minutes ago, singe said:

Dave is correct.

Only played together 8 games.

1 goal socred in 531 minutes on the pitch.

The best partnership was AAH & Lee Erwin 3 goals in 7 games and 303 minutes.

Or JAck Byrne and Eoin Doyle 5 goals 32 matches. 2,700 hours

None were prolific.

Fair enough :lol: 

I don’t believe our supporters values on players to many people been brainwashed over the years into the corney way of thinking that 350k is a big fee yes he was Shite for us  and yes doidge for 250k is a far better option  but if we had a player that scored 19 goals in a season  I’d of wanted upwards of that figure 

Placide captained Haiti to a memorable 2-1 Gold Cup win over 2014 World Cup quarter finalists Costa Rica in the early hours of the morning. Duckens Nazon equalised from the spot for the Haitians.

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

Placide captained Haiti to a memorable 2-1 Gold Cup win over 2014 World Cup quarter finalists Costa Rica in the early hours of the morning. Duckens Nazon equalised from the spot for the Haitians.

He hasn't had a club since leaving us has he?