Ex players and that

6 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Rhys Murphy signs for Yeovil.

Maidenhead United have signed striker Jake Cassidy following his release by Hartlepool United.

The 26-year-old Welshman scored four goals in 33 games last season, most of which he spent on loan at Maidstone.

29 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

Maidenhead United have signed striker Jake Cassidy following his release by Hartlepool United.

The 26-year-old Welshman scored four goals in 33 games last season, most of which he spent on loan at Maidstone.

We built a team around him, Christ 

52 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Steve Robinson third fav for the Doncaster job. Can't say I knew that they were without a manager. 

Neither did I but apparently McCann has gone to Hull. 

The fixation on Premier news (and women’s World Cup) seems to have banished football league news from the media. 

2 minutes ago, perfectOzblue said:

Question please - did he look like he could still play at a higher level while with us or was he total gash? 

I'd say he's is punching in league one. Maybe a last option from the bench if losing. 

I love the excitement of a big tournament - goals crashing in left right and centre...currently we have the Africa Cup of Nations and the Copa America taking place. Here are the scores from yesterday’s matches:

AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS

GROUP E

Mauritania 0 Angola 0

GROUP F

Cameroon 0 Ghana 0

Benin 0 Guinea-Bissau 0

COPA AMERICA

QUARTER-FINAL

Uruguay 0 Peru 0

Peru win 5-4 on penalties

Thank god for penalties huh 👀

Edited by TheBigDog

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I love the excitement of a big tournament - goals crashing in left right and centre...currently we have the Africa Cup of Nations and the Copa America taking place. Here are the scores from yesterday’s matches:

AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS

GROUP E

Mauritania 0 Angola 0

GROUP F

Cameroon 0 Ghana 0

Benin 0 Guinea-Bissau 0

COPA AMERICA

QUARTER-FINAL

Uruguay 0 Peru 0

Peru win 5-4 on penalties

Thank god for penalties huh 👀

I haven't seen any matches. Are they using VAR? That seems to help generate a couple of penalties a match for the women. 

5 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

I haven't seen any matches. Are they using VAR? That seems to help generate a couple of penalties a match for the women. 

Very noticeable that VAR hasn't been used half as much in the quarter finals. Almost like they've realised that it was ruining games. 

1 hour ago, rosa said:

Very noticeable that VAR hasn't been used half as much in the quarter finals. Almost like they've realised that it was ruining games. 

It was an absolute farce. Everything was being checked and slowing down the game. How can goals be celebrated, when we have to wait for a decision (not always correct) from some officials not at the game.

When I've watched Rugby on the box I would say that now 75% of trys are checked before being awarded. Referees no longer trust themselves to get it right.