Ex players and that

19 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

A question that comes under the:

‘and that’ part of this thread…

I see that both Oxford and Portsmouth made FOUR substitutions in their League 1 game on Saturday - I thought that the maximum was three?

Am I missing something?

Yes 5 permitted from 20th November in EFL.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Yes 5 permitted from 20th November in EFL.

Thanks for this. It just seems strange to me that no other teams made more than three substitutions on Saturday 🤔

And I can find no mention of this change on the internet either…

Edited by TheBigDog

12 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Thanks for this. It just seems strange to me that no other teams made more than three substitutions on Saturday 🤔

And I can find no mention of this change on the internet either…

Hope I'm right then, that's where I got my info.

It might just be in the Outer Mongolia Division 3 !!!🍺

9 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Hope I'm right then, that's where I got my info.

It might just be in the Outer Mongolia Division 3 !!!🍺

Or could it be a concussion substitution like they have in the Prem?

btw - I checked the OMD 3 and I think you might be right…😉

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Tune! Electro pop at its finest 😃

I was a big fan in my yoof - I recall taking a sceptical mate to a concert on the ‘Dazzle Ships’ tour  - he was blown away by how good they were 👍

l'm only 29 so best we had was a tape deck, half a pill each and a dimmer switch for the light but that was pretty great

13 hours ago, redlion said:

I hear Ricky got a five year driving ban on the IOM. At least he didn't get jail, they're pretty strict over there. Naughty boy.

1 hour ago, redlion said:

No idea but I think he was close to doing time.

13 hours ago, Mercater said:

5 years, how many times has he been done? Or doesit go on the reading?

He may have a good left foot but that drinking culture carried into retirement is all fun and games in a pissed up Facebook rant but there is absolutely no excuse for drink driving the tool 

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I bought his book in Spindles as a Christmas present a few years back and he signed it but didn't come across as very personable.

Perhaps I'd built him up too much, but I was a bit disappointed with his attitude.

Smashing player though............. we can't all be Boris Johnsons !!    🤪

The drinking culture at the club in the Royle years is evident in the book, as well as the practical jokes etc. I remember taking my daughters to watch them train on Little Wembley, something we did now and again and my wife came along. Holden was smashing in goals for fun during the training match.

After the session, my daughters approached their favourite players for autographs, meanwhile, Holden decided to chat up my wife. I told him "Fuck off! You're good but not that good!" He took it in good humour and signed a golf ball one of my daughters had found.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

No previous offences.

Unless he blew a ridiculously high amount you do not get a 5 year ban for the first time 12 months - 2 years is standard.

Someone also said he was close to jail (not sure of the source) but again that takes a few times of waving your Willy at the justice system before it becomes an option for the court 

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Unless he blew a ridiculously high amount you do not get a 5 year ban for the first time 12 months - 2 years is standard.

Someone also said he was close to jail (not sure of the source) but again that takes a few times of waving your Willy at the justice system before it becomes an option for the court 

Limit x4

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Bear in mind he's in the IOM. They're a lot tougher on penalties than our courts.

See this https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/former-footballer-handed-suspended-sentence/

Edited by redlion
h
  • Like 1