Ex players and that

12 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

RIP - ripped us a new one on the day the old Ford Stand opened - 0-6 against Villa he got a hat trick I think. Was a crucial part of our 73/4 3rd division title winning team. 

For a short period Andy Lochhead was also first team coach under Jimmy Frizzell.

RIP Andy.

8 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Dearnley scored for Halifax tonight. Typical that we released him for being a crock and then replaced him with an even bigger crock.

I liked Dearnley and was sorry to see him go, but to be fair he's mainly been coming on at the death for Halifax since he moved there, only one start so far I think (could be wrong). He's scored a couple for them but it was probably the right decision to let him go.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Played golf today with a bloke who was Jon Hallworth's best man and vice versa. Had some good stories, mostly involving the utter depravity of Rick Holden

Rick Holden is a lesser talented Brian Clough or George Best it seems

Saw a photo of him from an event only a few months ago and as someone who had his own issues with alcohol he looked a mess 

His Facebook rants on not being offered interviews for jobs at Latics would suggest he isn't aware 

16 hours ago, addigital said:

It's used as one though - especially communication from the council

IMG_0742.jpg

I've had the dubious pleasure of working for TMBC in the past. Self importance on the part of the council prompts the use of "Tameside" in the address I think. However, the correct address for council buildings would be Lancashire or Cheshire depending on where they are situated.

• Like 1

While I've been going to watch Bath City, it's surprising how many ex-Latics are knocking about the National League South, the sixth tier of English football.

Peter Taylor, former Spurs and England winger who played about four games on loan at Latics was manager at Welling United from last September until he was replaced last month by... wait for it... Warren Feeney.

Robbie Simpson is player-manager at Chelmsford City.

James Dayton is playing for Dulwich Hamlet and has really honed his skills. On how to fall over, landing on his arse with arms outstretched, claiming he was fouled.

Sam Mantom is captain at Hemel Hempstead Town. Not a Latic, but Samir Carruthers is there as well.

Sido Jombati, Dominic Poleon and Christian N'Guessan are all at Ebbsfleet United.

George Elokobi is at Maidstone United

There is no truth in the rumour that the lesser-spotted Rob Purdie is plying his trade down here.

Oh well, on to do the Prediction League now.

On 4/3/2022 at 3:51 PM, Bristolatic said:

While I've been going to watch Bath City, it's surprising how many ex-Latics are knocking about the National League South, the sixth tier of English football.

Peter Taylor, former Spurs and England winger who played about four games on loan at Latics was manager at Welling United from last September until he was replaced last month by... wait for it... Warren Feeney.

Robbie Simpson is player-manager at Chelmsford City.

James Dayton is playing for Dulwich Hamlet and has really honed his skills. On how to fall over, landing on his arse with arms outstretched, claiming he was fouled.

Sam Mantom is captain at Hemel Hempstead Town. Not a Latic, but Samir Carruthers is there as well.

Sido Jombati, Dominic Poleon and Christian N'Guessan are all at Ebbsfleet United.

George Elokobi is at Maidstone United

There is no truth in the rumour that the lesser-spotted Rob Purdie is plying his trade down here.

Oh well, on to do the Prediction League now.

Warren Feeney is manager of Welling United. He brought his team down to Tonbridge Angels on Saturday and was thankfully as effective as a manager as he was as a striker for Latics!

3 hours ago, OldhamAthlete said:

Darius Osei is at South Shields.

They are being bankrolled. He scored 2 against them last season playing for Stalybridge so they signed him on the Monday. They are NPL Premier League-tier 7- and are full time.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 3:51 PM, Bristolatic said:

Years ago (but after he "played" for us) I spoke to Rob Purdie in my local Sainsbury's in Gloucester with his Hereford team on their way down to play Forest Green.

I've never before been so tempted to say to someone "it's good to know that you actually exist!"