Ex players and that

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Exactly this - there was never any doubt he had ability

Tough and has a great attitude too, Couto and Vaughan fall into the same category, which is why they won't be here long. Higher clubs managers look for this combination of ability and desire knowing they won't go far wrong.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Tough and has a great attitude too, Couto and Vaughan fall into the same category, which is why they won't be here long. Higher clubs managers look for this combination of ability and desire knowing they won't go far wrong.

We came close to destroying Hamer's career.  Best of luck to anyone who wants to better themselves

My view - Apart from a very few exceptional talents, young players need to be carefully managed. 
By all means give them early opportunity but manage their game time carefully.

Couto is one example. Clearly a talented player going forward but still lacking in the defensive side of his game. On at least one occasion yesterday Piergianni had to remind Couto of his positioning and several other times Benny was just not strong enough to hold off the attacker.

Hart should start on Saturday.

Then there is Harry Vaughan - huge talent but is still a schoolboy in stature. He will get stronger and fitter and has all the attributes to play at a higher level. Though good when driving forward, he was caught in possession a number of times and should have been substituted far earlier than he was.

Play Whelan and Bowden on Saturday and bring Harry on if needed.

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

My view - Apart from a very few exceptional talents, young players need to be carefully managed. 
By all means give them early opportunity but manage their game time carefully.

Couto is one example. Clearly a talented player going forward but still lacking in the defensive side of his game. On at least one occasion yesterday Piergianni had to remind Couto of his positioning and several other times Benny was just not strong enough to hold off the attacker.

Hart should start on Saturday.

Then there is Harry Vaughan - huge talent but is still a schoolboy in stature. He will get stronger and fitter and has all the attributes to play at a higher level. Though good when driving forward, he was caught in possession a number of times and should have been substituted far earlier than he was.

Play Whelan and Bowden on Saturday and bring Harry on if needed.

Do you have money on a FGR clean sheet?

3 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I watched my local NL team Aldershot last week...Mo Sylla in midfield for them, played really well and Shots fans love him

He’s every bit as good as Cisse and as good as Fane before him! 
BP is not a place you’d want to be furthering a career whilst under this clown ship!!🤡🤡🤡

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Was quality for us on a number of occasions. Take him back in an instant

I liked him when he played deeper in midfield, less so when in an advanced role.

However his performance at Fulham was on another planet and for that alone I'd be happy to have him back.

On 12/8/2021 at 9:20 AM, Dave_Og said:

Exactly this - there was never any doubt he had ability

Oh there was!!

Maybe not from you, or me, or anybody who isn't just pretending to like Football because everybody else does. But there were massive, squirming, angry piles of doubt permeating our fan base as to the level of his ability.

They'll be gutted they didn't ruin his career and only secretly admit that to themselves in quiet moments. Strange people.