Sheridan's future.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Clifford said:

I'd carry him and his training kit to UpSteps. This investment is more needed than Sheridan is.

I disagree.

What Sheridan has done for this club is worth more than any investment that could potentially see us go down.

If it's a straight choice, keep Sheridan, he will get us back up without investment.

Investment and a foriegn manager could be the end of our League One stay, in the wrong direction.

10 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

What Sheridan has done for this club is worth more than any investment that could potentially see us go down.

If it's a straight choice, keep Sheridan, he will get us back up without investment.

The investment could get us promoted as well though couldn't it? Ideally we have both but Corney has shown he doesn't have the cash to move us forward. 

5 minutes ago, Clifford said:

The investment could get us promoted as well though couldn't it? Ideally we have both but Corney has shown he doesn't have the cash to move us forward. 

Doesn't need cash. Sheridan did it in 2007 with no cash. Shrewsbury are doing it with no cash. Cash would help, but I'm more than confident given time Sheridan could get us up with no cash. Look at the back end of last season. For 18 games it was promotion form with no cash.

Sheridan is key.

6 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Doesn't need cash. Sheridan did it in 2007 with no cash. Shrewsbury are doing it with no cash. Cash would help, but I'm more than confident given time Sheridan could get us up with no cash. Look at the back end of last season. For 18 games it was promotion form with no cash.

Sheridan is key.

Well if Shrewsbury are "doing it", based off the table today, should we say that Sheridan is failing miserably and needs sacking or should we wait until a tad later in the season? I think both teams will be nearer the middle soon to be honest.

I love Shez, keep him please, but at the expense of us being able to sign players with ability over ex non league dross? (Byrne vs Banks)

15 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Sheridan is key.

I agree with your sentiment but I fully expect Shrewsbury to fall away sharply at some point. I'm pretty confident they will not finish in top 6. They're demise begins this Saturday. Oldham to win both to score 5/1 is great value imo

27 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

that's a different question.  

It is, and I said that in a reply.

Howver, if there was a poll (best someone else do it!) and the options are above, I am happy to lay a significant sum  it would be 97% or so for Shez + Investment to.

44 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I agree with your sentiment but I fully expect Shrewsbury to fall away sharply at some point. I'm pretty confident they will not finish in top 6. They're demise begins this Saturday. Oldham to win both to score 5/1 is great value imo

I'm not saying they'll make it either. I just think Sheridan would get us up there given three years. I backed us on Tuesday. I hate backing BTTS and a win as you need the opposition to score which means you'd need two at least. I agree though, reckon we will Saturday. Think -1.5 might be a better bet, if you want higher odds than the original win. 2-0 wouldn't surprise me.

26 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

I'm not saying they'll make it either. I just think Sheridan would get us up there given three years. I backed us on Tuesday. I hate backing BTTS and a win as you need the opposition to score which means you'd need two at least. I agree though, reckon we will Saturday. Think -1.5 might be a better bet, if you want higher odds than the original win. 2-0 wouldn't surprise me.

2-0 would surprise me more than 4-2 tbh. I think we will concede. The beauty being now is that it no longer means we can't still win, whereas for the last few seasons if we went a goal down the best we could hope for was a draw. As I've said before defending is overrated just go all out attack !! Lol. 

Sheridan might be able to get us promoted out of League One without investment - though 4th bottom after 7 games means that you have to be an optimist to think that might becomes a will.

Without any investment - I am not sure there are any Oldham fans that want to see Shez move on (though if we were bottom 4 at Christmas it's inevitable that some people would start to call for his head).

However the reason why I would accept Sheridan leaving if it was deemed necessary by the new investors is the long term hope and ambition for the club.

Without investment even if Sheridan could get us out of this division - the long term hope for the club is unlikely to change.

We'd almoat certainly be relegation candidates - potentially circling the drain for a few seasons before the inevitable relegation follows.

A new owner with moment might mean we'd have a realistic opportunity of establishing ourselves in a higher division 

15 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Sheridan might be able to get us promoted out of League One without investment - though 4th bottom after 7 games means that you have to be an optimist to think that might becomes a will.

Without any investment - I am not sure there are any Oldham fans that want to see Shez move on (though if we were bottom 4 at Christmas it's inevitable that some people would start to call for his head).

However the reason why I would accept Sheridan leaving if it was deemed necessary by the new investors is the long term hope and ambition for the club.

Without investment even if Sheridan could get us out of this division - the long term hope for the club is unlikely to change.

We'd almoat certainly be relegation candidates - potentially circling the drain for a few seasons before the inevitable relegation follows.

A new owner with moment might mean we'd have a realistic opportunity of establishing ourselves in a higher division 

Not convinced these lads are in it for the long haul.

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not convinced these lads are in it for the long haul.

I have no evidence to say that they are either - but wonder why you think they are not?

TTA are a good example that it's difficult to get out of a football club even when you want to - unless of course you do the Chris Moore way and just let it go bust.

3 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

I have no evidence to say that they are either - but wonder why you think they are not?

TTA are a good example that it's difficult to get out of a football club even when you want to - unless of course you do the Chris Moore way and just let it go bust.

Well all the suggestions are that Brassbank will be still be a thing and Corney will still be on the books.

Probably barking up the wrong tree but I wonder if they see it as a way of getting ahead of the game pre Brexit and the free movement of people.

14 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

It was easy for Simon Blitz, was it not?. Corney has had a few opportunities to sell, he choose not to. Plus after Blitz positioned himself where he was no longer liable for any more money towards the club they still had other investment streams from moving into BP towers, and have had some success in receiving monies.

I am on record as saying I don't dislike Corney the person. I've found him an OK chap to speak to in the past, but his time was up a few years ago regarding the club at keeping it level nevermind forward. Desperate men do desperate things in all walks of life. 

Edited by Lags
spelling

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Aye, I remember you laughing at the summer embargo as well.

Maybe they were striking while the Pound's so weak and Lemsagam deleted all that Instagram stuff in a rage when it rallied on the back of todays Bank of England minutes...? 

All these economic and political factors stopping Shez from being able to "just get on with it" eh? The game's gone.......

If SC has any influence after this deal goes through (keeping my fingers crossed). He should try and convince the new investors/owners to keep Shez on. If he could keep the loanees on until the end of the season (or buy them), then I think we would have every chance of a top six finish. Bring in a French manager who has absolutely no knowledge of L1, or of any players at our level and we would struggle. No doubt they would want to bring in someone with this kind of knowledge to help him, but that person is already at the club, so why change..

13 hours ago, al_bro said:

If SC has any influence after this deal goes through (keeping my fingers crossed). He should try and convince the new investors/owners to keep Shez on. If he could keep the loanees on until the end of the season (or buy them), then I think we would have every chance of a top six finish. Bring in a French manager who has absolutely no knowledge of L1, or of any players at our level and we would struggle. No doubt they would want to bring in someone with this kind of knowledge to help him, but that person is already at the club, so why change..

But what if he loses more games on the trot still keep him? baffles me its like excepting emotional abuse  madness