Sheridan's future.

Interview that gives John Sheridan reaction prior to Brizzle:

Sheridan said: “It’s another tough game, they’re going well, it’s a hard place to go.

“At the start of the season we’ve played teams in and around the top of the table, Fleetwood and Charlton, I don’t think there’s too much between the teams in the division.

“We’ve shown in the last two games, against Charlton, who I think will be up there, and Fleetwood who are a good footballing side, we’ve proved we can match teams and we just have to believe in ourselves.

“I feel as though if we give a performance like against Charlton and Fleetwood then we’ve got a good chance of getting something.

“We have to try and take the last two performances in to Bristol and see where it takes us.

“It’s difficult when you're not winning, but the most important thing is to stick together as a group, try to get through it and hopefully we turn a corner and we go to a tough game against Bristol Rovers believing we can get our first win.

“It's hard for everyone, when you’re losing people start talking rubbish, saying this that and the other, you just have to get on with your job.

“I know what this game is about, it doesn’t really bother me too much what people are saying outside, I’m bothered about the team, I’m bothered about the supporters who are having a hard time at the moment.

“I know the supporters are behind me at the moment and I really respect their support they give me and I want to try and give them something back and I’m not giving them anything at the moment because we're not winning, it’s my job to turn that around for them.

“Again the support was brilliant on Saturday and it has been all season, but we need to start winning games, I’m confident we will do that but we need to get out there, roll our sleeves up and fight for the cause.”

Edited by TheBigDog

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Yep, 27th May. 2 and a half months before the new season.

Significantly a month before the end of June, when 99% of player contracts run to.

IIRC Robinson wasn't able to start after being announced due to Northern Ireland commitments too.

Whilst Shez leaving was a reason for our poor start last year, he wasn't the sole reason, nor the biggest reason. Presumably he knew something was amiss in terms of funds given the involvement he would have had into player retention at the end of that season.

2 hours ago, Hands on said:

Sheridan got us out of a mess and then put Notts County into one.  Sheridan then got us out of a mess again but here we are rock bottom again.  Anyone taking over or investing in Latics might wonder, as I have, if Sheridan is the right man to take us forward and upwards.  Of course our position might have everything to do with the possible take over/investment but the decisions on formation and selection must also have had their impact and that is down to Sheridan (or is it).

I'm sort of with you on this......my biggest issue with Sheridan has been his choice of bringing back Wright as his number 2.

We had Barrowclough last season who, despite having a clipboard, appeared to have some defensive training responsibilities. Wright looks like he's just up for a fight with anybody....players, managers, refs, fans.....anybody!!!

31 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Always wary about signing someone in their twilight years after some of the tosh we've had.

One last payday for a lot of them. No interest and no need to perform 

We just hope they can all be like David Eyres.

23 minutes ago, Damian_Thorn said:

I wonder if this has been on Shez's mind lately, could explain a lot.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/notts-county-set-court-battle-373861

Shez was way out of order and fully deserving of his sacking but in his defence but would he have been sacked if they'd won just 9 on the bounce?

It was an opportunity for County to sack him without paying compensation.

It will be interesting to see how this goes.

20 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Shez was way out of order and fully deserving of his sacking but in his defence but would he have been sacked if they'd won just 9 on the bounce?

Pound to penny this never get's to court and is settled just before the scheduled appearance.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Notts County v Wycombe was on 10th December 2016. He was given a 5 match touchline ban on 15th December. He was sacked on 2nd Jan 2017 - 5 defeats after the original offence and 9 straight defeats in the league.

He wasn't sacked for what happened, he was sacked for the results and their chairman is using it as an excuse to not pay him compensation. 

59 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Notts County v Wycombe was on 10th December 2016. He was given a 5 match touchline ban on 15th December. He was sacked on 2nd Jan 2017 - 5 defeats after the original offence and 9 straight defeats in the league.

He wasn't sacked for what happened, he was sacked for the results and their chairman is using it as an excuse to not pay him compensation. 

Wasnt the transcript of his utterly vile and unacceptable rant only released in the January though? 

Edited by kowenicki

21 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Yeah everyone but the most important thing-The Club. 3 weeks before the season started-It led to Robinson something arguable the club has still not recovered from. All you can see is £ signs.

Never been one of those that argues x had a better offer so who can blame him, because my club is Latics and for me no better.

Let's look at the facts. Shez came in and turned relegation into survival. Granted last seasons act totally eclipsed the time before but that's not the issue and it is the one we are talking about here.  An offer of greater money both personally and to invest in the team comes in from Notts from an ex chairman of his. Shez then repeatedly tries to speak with Corney about his plans for the up coming season but he's gone to ground. Shez doesn't get any assurances so accepting Notts offer and Corney gives his blessing in return for compo.

No if we are talking Tommy wright? he can do one for me.

Some people fit perfectly with a club. Coleman. Shez. It just works.

Edited by lookersstandandy

22 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Some people fit perfectly with a club. Coleman. Shez. It just works.

Ask the Rochdale fans why he never gets a bigger move. The guy was a disaster there...