Next Oldham Manager?

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Donald Trump is a real president of a real country.

Boris Johnson is a real foreign secretary of a real country.

Why the fuck not Clarence here?

But Clarence Fucking Seedorf here would be a good thing those 2 jokers in positions of serious authority is rather a worrying thing.

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He is friends with Abdullah - I think AL is an agent of his... 

Interesting then that Abdullah is already being referred to as owner.

As with others I can't see why Seedorf would be at all bothered about the facilities at BP if wasn't some sort of interest on either side.

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

But didn't Mike Keegan confirm that he was interviewed for the position.  Surely Mike would have checked with club sources before confirming this?!

He may have interviewed for the position doesn't he's going to get it. He might not want it.

I don't know if anyone has noticed but Martin Jol (yeah him) is now fourth favourite. 

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He may have interviewed for the position doesn't he's going to get it. He might not want it.

I don't know if anyone has noticed but Martin Jol (yeah him) is now fourth favourite. 

Starting to think this Abdallah chap might have much more to bring to the table than first envisaged.

Even if nothing comes of it, he's had the clout to drag Clarence fuckin Seedorf to Boundary Park!!!

8 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Wellens has earned the opportunity to continue in the role. Whether that's permanent is up for discussion. Would TP want to continue assisting?

It feels right seeing TP on the touchline, somebody like Wellens is going to benefit massively from having him alongside him. But we all know where he would rather be, which is a shame because we do seem to thrive when TP is involved with the 1st team.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

It feels right seeing TP on the touchline, somebody like Wellens is going to benefit massively from having him alongside him. But we all know where he would rather be, which is a shame because we do seem to thrive when TP is involved with the 1st team.

We always seem to do well when TP is helping out can't be just a coincidence shame he won't take it on full time he's happy just doing his youth role, I would be all for a Wellens and TP team, Wellens clearly knows his stuff and should be seriously considered I think majority of fans can get behind him !

At the moment I don't give a stuff about a new manager.  Securing Doyle, Byrne and Bryan for the rest of this season and ideally beyond is crucial.

Doyle, whilst not leading scorer at this moment, he's the most prolific in league one with one goal every 90 minutes.  Lemsagam's first job is to switch his loan to a permanent - same with Byrne.  Both unwanted and the extra few grand a week on each will be worthwhile when we reflect come May.

Obviously if Seedorf (or Jol) are realistic possibilities those avenues should be explored but RW is doing himself no harm at all. We took a chance on somebody at the end of their playing career 35 years ago who gave us our best period since before the 1st world war, clearly not certain that Wellens can emulate that but the players seem to be buying into him and the passion he has is clear from the interviews. He also seems to know how to set a team up and has spotted the weknesses in the team from only 7 days ago. He deserves our support if he’s appointed that’s for damn sure.

31 minutes ago, Goal89 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b095p6m9

Listen from 55:00 mins.

I'm very impressed with the noise Wellens is making. Sounds like a man with a vision

He's sold it to me.  Give him the gig, allow him to keep those players past January.  Allow him to tinker with Lemsagam's support and finances; lets build for that future.  Sounds very focussed.  Good man!

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm convinced they won't, but it seems they could do a lot worse than give it to Wellens...

I think the Urugyan is a dead cert which is typical of Latics when the answer may have fallen right in their lap they'll ignore it. 

11 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

I think the Urugyan is a dead cert which is typical of Latics when the answer may have fallen right in their lap they'll ignore it. 

We at the very least need to keep Wellens on in some capacity.