Club statement HMRC raid

1 hour ago, singe said:

FWIW I lean to fruityGoo's side, my view is he is a decent manager, who will succeed, but not so decent bloke. I assert this firmly because of the way he wriggled to place the blame and flak on the board and insinuated it was their doing

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong but I reckon you could have picked a better thread than this one to suggest so  :grin:

On 28/11/2017 at 10:59 AM, deyres42 said:

Do we know for sure what the circumstances for the knock on the door are? Moisley seems chilled enough about it.

I cannot be arsed speaking to my contact who talks to Corney-I am just pissed off (but not surprised really) that yet again this type of publicity is hanging over the club.

It is just one thing after another over recent seasons.

19 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

I cannot be arsed speaking to my contact who talks to Corney-I am just pissed off (but not surprised really) that yet again this type of publicity is hanging over the club.

Don't worry about it, nobody died, it is only a sport.

15 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

If you look though, there are examples of good publicity surrounding the club. In the last week or so we have seen the emergency services day for the home game against Northampton, and also the Latics Christmas appeal.

Whilst I agree there has been far too much bad publicity surrounding the club over the last 10 years or so, it seems certain elements within the club are at least trying to turn that around. 

9 minutes ago, al_bro said:

This could all revolve around all the different companies involved at the club. Perhaps SC has been shuffling money between them in a bid to meet bills and wages. In the process he may have broken some tax laws.

Corney only owns the one company though doesn't he? The other two are owned by Blitz and Gazal......!?!?

8 minutes ago, al_bro said:

This could all revolve around all the different companies involved at the club. Perhaps SC has been shuffling money between them in a bid to meet bills and wages. In the process he may have broken some tax laws.

HMRC might be investigating somebody else, if someone else had been paying the wages.  We are all specultaing despite any rumours out there

22 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Corney only owns the one company though doesn't he? The other two are owned by Blitz and Gazal......!?!?

He has LED Media Limited as well as the club.

Also depends if he still has connections with the Isle of Man business. 

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

He could have stuffed money in brown envelopes and given it to a dodgy geezer from Casablanca. If he did that he'd probably be breaking some tax laws. Looking at it from that angle, I'm amazed that HMRC didn't visit earlier. Seems very lax to me...

2 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

HMRC might be investigating somebody else, if someone else had been paying the wages.  We are all specultaing despite any rumours out there

Could be down to Ashley and his Sports Direct.com involvement. Might be something to do with his sponsorship deal. Let’s face it the Sport Direct shop  is only open on match days and I think I read somewhere that he’s had a barney with Corney. 

18 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Could be down to Ashley and his Sports Direct.com involvement. Might be something to do with his sponsorship deal. Let’s face it the Sport Direct shop  is only open on match days and I think I read somewhere that he’s had a barney with 

:lol:

I'd wager he doesn't even know who Corney is and would, at best, be only vaguely aware he has a small shop at Oldham Athletic's ground if he even knows at all... 

Edited by HarryBosch

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Could be down to Ashley and his Sports Direct.com involvement. Might be something to do with his sponsorship deal. Let’s face it the Sport Direct shop  is only open on match days and I think I read somewhere that he’s had a barney with Corney. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

:lol:

I'd wager he doesn't even know who Corney is and would, at best, be only vaguely aware he has a small shop at Oldham Athletic's ground if he even knows at all... 

It looks like the HMRC was investigating but he thought it had ended in June 2016.

NB I'm not saying  (and I donlt think Smiler is) that Ashley personally knows, just Sports Direct as a whole, but we have a clear link.

I'm not sure Ashley evens knows we have a stadium in his company name.

20 minutes ago, Magister said:

Could well be money laundering?.......it'll come out in the wash eventually

No matter which way you spin it OAFC will be left high and dry once the investigation is over,  maybe we will tumble down the leagues if SC is forced to wash his hands of the club? Either way, it would leave a nasty stain on the reputation of the club.