Club statement HMRC raid

3 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

A strange definition of thriving for me... There are exceptions but generally local cricket is dying on its arse and even the the clubs with money men who pay all their players couldn't raise 2nd teams last season. 

To the best of my knowledge all 12 field sides at at least under 13 under 15 under 18 and 2nd eleven and 1st eleven......I agree though that the days of Hooper facing Moseley, Croft bowling round the wicket at amateurs, Garner ,  Lawson  Ambrose  etc frightening us to death  are long gone.....I remember batting at Littleborough and being delighted that Mosley was taken off only to be dismayed to find that he was replaced by Auusie left arm over test bowler Witney .....I too was quickly replaced by our number 3

1 hour ago, Joanna Roper said:

Wow you guys will defrag every situation and make a 1 person comment into pie charts graphs how boring bigger things going on here!!! no one gives a shit and the obsession of upboats downboats is perfetic and needy!!! Also I have a virgina crazy right 

Funny how the only person bothered, or even mentioning up boats and down boats, is you

Bitter? 

Much. 

47 minutes ago, Magister said:

To the best of my knowledge all 12 field sides at at least under 13 under 15 under 18 and 2nd eleven and 1st eleven......I agree though that the days of Hooper facing Moseley, Croft bowling round the wicket at amateurs, Garner ,  Lawson  Ambrose  etc frightening us to death  are long gone.....I remember batting at Littleborough and being delighted that Mosley was taken off only to be dismayed to find that he was replaced by Auusie left arm over test bowler Witney .....I too was quickly replaced by our number 3

Having weathered them I expect you to get a call up by England very soon to replace Alistair Cook.

8 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

Sometimes you have to wait for a little more evidence to come to light before you decide to hang him for this issue.

All come out in the wash, its not just this one thing tho really, wages late, ched evans, the list goes on and on.

Best case scenario - our new investor has found out how stretched, desperate and dodgy SC is and called the cops hoping to get Oldham Athletic for 1/10 the price after the dust settles. 

option # 17  -  It is an investigation into someone like Mike Ashley and we are just getting caught in the dragnet because of our dealings with him.

Option # 24  -  SC has been squirrelling away massive profits and all will be returned to the club allowing us to move into the Championship

Worst case scenario - how many points do we need this season to prevent relegation if we go into receivership?

Please post your fun scenario  :blush:

12 hours ago, LaticMark said:

I know staff in both the HMRC and DWP. They have notified and unnotified visits. However, a 'visit' from 15 people - some from the SFO - feels more like a raid if you're on the receiving end.

Has it been confirmed people from the Serious Fraud Office were with them? 

Speculation.  Given that the OEC was part of the raid I suspect this had nothing to do with the football however it does seem the football club has been involved in the financing of the new stand.  I can't imagine that this has anything to do with the construction of the new stand, payments to contractors and sub contractors, as how could that be so serious.  I can't imagine a raid taking place if the target is some one else.  So something that one or more of the three amigos has been doing has caught the eye of my past employers.  Has to be finance and that could impact on the football club.

For those of you/us who lacked patience over the "whatever it was" or "whatever it is now" with our "agent" friend give up all hope as this could take years to resolve.  Stokes will probably have single handedly won back the Ashes in England first.

5 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Can any poster really have been surprised by the news of HMRC taking an serious interest?

How have the club ??????? been paying the wages of the staff plus all these new french players?

Do we know for sure what the circumstances for the knock on the door are? Moisley seems chilled enough about it.