Club statement HMRC raid

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Has it been confirmed people from the Serious Fraud Office were with them? 

This was in the Mail article. 

If true then they obviously suspect the club of doing something fraudulent rather than  just paying them late.

I just can't see the club staff being involved in some sort of sophisticated fraud. 

Potentially something to do with queries about how the foreign lads are being? It has been suggested before that some of these are on a decent wedge and have a different payment arrangement to other staff.

I was reading the Rick Holden book on 14 great Latics games on a plane last night. In it he suggests that it was common knowledge during the cup run season that officially reported attendances were significantly below actual attendances. I suppose there is a chance they are looking in to something like that, but it doesn't seem likely to me given how low attendances have been in the last few years.

4 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

I thought everything  seamed fine at the club with events of yesterday im sure people will put their own spin on the proceedings.

Can you stop? This is a serious thread and the puns water down the discussion. 

22 minutes ago, singe said:

Good question, that's got me stumped.

I knew you'd "slip" that in to make a "point". And if AL has a money man behind him to buy out SC, will he be the "third man"? We'll soon "run out" of puns.

Seriously, though, all we can do is sit and wait for the outcome. Speculation will naturally be rife, but there's no point in second guessing what is going on until something official is published.

Just keep everything crossed that the club have not done anything stupid that will jeopardise it's future.

2 hours ago, Hands on said:

Speculation.  Given that the OEC was part of the raid I suspect this had nothing to do with the football.

To get 'speculation' and 'given'  in successive words is quite an achievement.  Who has said OEC is involved and where? 

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I love our ability to turn a raid on the club, into a whimsical, light hearted, ‘who cares what’s going on, here comes another pun . .  . ‘ 

Over and over again. 

Sadly you mean the people who are purposely trying to derail it. 

This is potentially a worse situation than 2003. We don't have the security of the council owning the ground, we have a basket case owner who has done god knows what to get money from god knows where and we're faced with a football leage who are much stronger on administration (albiet still not enough).

Corney has fucked right up, hopefully he'll get his comeuppance, sadly it could bring the club down with him.

And for those fucking around with puns, if you think this is scaremongering, you're deluded.

"Moisley said he spoke with them and they went through paperwork before taking some away with them.

He added that the visit would not have any effect on a proposed takeover of the club which is ongoing."

Hadn't seen this on BBC web site.  Why can't they put more details on the OAFC site.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

Sadly you mean the people who are purposely trying to derail it. 

This is potentially a worse situation than 2003. We don't have the security of the council owning the ground, we have a basket case owner who has done god knows what to get money from god knows where and we're faced with a football leage who are much stronger on administration (albiet still not enough).

Corney has fucked right up, hopefully he'll get his comeuppance, sadly it could bring the club down with him.

And for those fucking around with puns, if you think this is scaremongering, you're deluded.

I'd rather read puns than completely wild speculation and assumption.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hands on said:

"Moisley said he spoke with them and they went through paperwork before taking some away with them.

He added that the visit would not have any effect on a proposed takeover of the club which is ongoing."

Hadn't seen this on BBC web site.  Why can't they put more details on the OAFC site.

where is the posted fella? and the mind boggles 

19 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Don't think a journo from a massive newspaper like The Mail would gain anything for sensationalising a story about a side 17th in League One.

A big Premier League side, maybe, but a story about us isn't gonna get them many more hits...

Well he's written about a side 17th in League One in the first place so im guessing he thought why not make it sound more interesting than it actually is?