Club statement HMRC raid

On 01/12/2017 at 3:14 PM, lookersstandandy said:

Corney only owns the one company though doesn't he? The other two are owned by Blitz and Gazal......!?!?

On 01/12/2017 at 3:47 PM, jorvik_latic said:

He has LED Media Limited as well as the club.

Also depends if he still has connections with the Isle of Man business. 

On 01/12/2017 at 8:15 PM, Buckshawlatic said:

Not of Brass Bank anymore - as of end of last year or beginning of this

As we expect this investigation will be historical there's the possibility it goes back to times whereby during the Eardley season, we would've made a profit but they kindly lumped a £1m R&D bill on OAFC rather than Brassbank for the new stand. Also Simon was a director at Holroyds before this was bumped. I'm sure there are plenty of avenues of interest for HMRC.

3 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Has anyone got the story about the HMRC visit as reported in today's Oldham Times?

Mark Moisley told the OT that hard drives or computers weren't take away from BP as some reports had suggested. They only took paperwork, which has since been returned. There were only 8 officials on the 'visit' and not 15 as reported elsewhere. Nothing much else to add at this stage.

6 hours ago, Andy-latic said:

8 is a hell of a lot, for HMRC standards

For domestic or small businesses yes. Truth is we have no idea how many officials are normally in attendance with football clubs. I imagine there’s a lot of paperwork to go through, especially if it involves several businesses.

1 hour ago, oafc_lover said:

For domestic or small businesses yes. Truth is we have no idea how many officials are normally in attendance with football clubs. I imagine there’s a lot of paperwork to go through, especially if it involves several businesses.

Latics is a small business.

1 hour ago, oafc_lover said:

Do you work for HMRC or a football club that has had them called in?

If so, fair enough.

If not, I doubt you know any more than the average Joe.

I reckon Andy-latic works at or has close contacts at the club from what they have posted previously. 

HMRC also overlook the minimum wage apparently. As well as Sports Direct, Primark and other companies, football clubs have also been involved. Three mentioned so far, Bristol Rovers, Wolves and Torquay, plus three in Scotland Motherwell, Falkirk and Greenock Morton.

22 minutes ago, al_bro said:

HMRC also overlook the minimum wage apparently. As well as Sports Direct, Primark and other companies, football clubs have also been involved. Three mentioned so far, Bristol Rovers, Wolves and Torquay, plus three in Scotland Motherwell, Falkirk and Greenock Morton.

Must admit that I was surprised not to us mentioned when I read that report.

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Which number's the tipping point for a hell of a lot/not that many? 

I thnk 8 is a “hell of a lot”. 7 is a “heck of a lot”. 6 is “a lot”. 5 is “quite a few”. 4 is “a few”. 3 is “2 or 3”. 2 is “a couple” and 1 is “some bloke”.