Peter Clarke - Bury on loan

1 minute ago, Stagger Lee said:

Should not wish that on Clarke and Ripley after we owe them so much

Eh? Nah.  As soon as they've gone, they've gone.  Thanks both for your time here but I hope you get smashed 3-0 every week... smashed 5-0 when playing us 

3 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Eh? Nah.  As soon as they've gone, they've gone.  Thanks both for your time here but I hope you get smashed 3-0 every week... smashed 5-0 when playing us 

Is Clarke still not our player next season?

Either way I was one of the people defending him on this board at the start of the season and it looks like I was wrong but Clarke is such a fighter I am loath to write him off

20 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I think you both share a sense of humour. Well, you have to share it, because you haven’t fucking got one.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

I did realise that my sense of humour was poorly appreciated when I upset a poster on here and had to arrange to meet and apologise.

Oh wait a fucking minute that wasnt me, was it Monty. IT WAS FUCKING YOU :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

• Like 1

On 04/01/2018 at 8:10 AM, latics22 said:

We signed Doyle on the last day of the window sometimes it’s better to wait. I’m more concerned that the target players for corney are the same for lemsibaby. I getting the impression he’s about as rich as corney, but has a bit more ambition. Similar to the ambition the  3 amigos had until they realised it’s not that easy and very expensive.

On 04/01/2018 at 8:20 AM, Ritchierich said:

That last sentence is exactly my concern....hope to be proved wrong but what little we have been told about the deal makes me very nervous....Leyton Orient anyone?

I’d like AL to have more money than Corney, obviously, but to be honest, if he has the same or less it’s possible he might actually know how to run a football club better than the clusterfuck Corney has resided over. 

Rather than strip it bare, make embarrassingly bad decisions and spend years alienating and backstabbing fans and a body of people like the Trust who want to help the club, maybe AL realises that if we all pull in the same direction than against one another, more can be achieved. That doesn’t cost money. 

• 3 months later...

"I had no choice but to release Peter Clarke, says manager Richie Wellens."

LATICS boss Richie Wellens says he is not to blame for the lack of defensive cover that threatens to undermine his side’s battle against relegation. He also cited the poor standard of Oldham’s training facilities as a contributing factor to his side’s injury problems.

http://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/16187838.I_had_no_choice_but_to_release_Clarke__says_Wellens/

23 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Quit bloody whinging man.

Don't get his training facility moan.

Been mentioned a lot but Bury and MK have some of the best in the division.

Rotherham have (or did- dont know if they upgraded) have one similar to Chapel Road...
Accrington another as well.

23 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Don't get his training facility moan.

Been mentioned a lot but Bury and MK have some of the best in the division.

Rotherham have (or did- dont know if they upgraded) have one similar to Chapel Road...
Accrington another as well.

Got google translate fired up again... He's not saying that we're where we are because of the facilities.  He's saying that we have a lot of injuries because of the shit facilities.

Actually, that didn't need translating as it's literally what he said.

Which I don't think can be argued can it?

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Got google translate fired up again... He's not saying that we're where we are because of the facilities.  He's saying that we have a lot of injuries because of the shit facilities.

Actually, that didn't need translating as it's literally what he said.

Which I don't think can be argued can it?

Course he is....he's quoting that the poor training facilities have led to more more injuries than other teams get, meaning we have only a few fit  defenders, and intimating that's why we are where we are! 

All teams have fucking injuries. Its his job to deal with them. We wouldn't be in this position today if he had instilled some more belief into the players

He needs to take some bloody responsibility for what he puts out on pitch. 

Only a few weeks ago we had Dummigan, Gerrard, Bryan and Moimbe as a back 4....a half decent defense in my view and we were fucking awful! 

Perhaps he needs to look at his own training methods.....funny we didnt have the same issues last season at this stage....

21 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Course he is....he's quoting that the poor training facilities have led to more more injuries than other teams get, meaning we have only a few fit  defenders, and intimating that's why we are where we are! 

All teams have fucking injuries. Its his job to deal with them. We wouldn't be in this position today if he had instilled some more belief into the players

He needs to take some bloody responsibility for what he puts out on pitch. 

Only a few weeks ago we had Dummigan, Gerrard, Bryan and Moimbe as a back 4....a half decent defense in my view and we were fucking awful! 

Perhaps he needs to look at his own training methods.....funny we didnt have the same issues last season at this stage....

I'm fairly certain these bits aren't true.

14 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Course he is....he's quoting that the poor training facilities have led to more more injuries than other teams get

That's misrepresenting what he said.  His actual quote was that training on our training ground we'll get more injuries than teams with a better training ground.  Why is he not allowed to say it? Because we're in a bad run?  It's a pretty obvious statement really and something we should be addressing.  Not telling him to man up and get on with it. How many other teams are missing their first choice back 4? (3 of which are injuries)

He's not "intimating that's why where we are".  He's not using it as the sole reason for our position.  He's saying it's a contributing factor.  Which it obviously is.  If you want find other interviews where he admits making mistakes and takes some of the blame on his shoulders then you won't have to look that far back.

So what issues did Shez have at the start of the season then when we had 4 points from 9 games?

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

That's misrepresenting what he said.  His actual quote was that training on our training ground we'll get more injuries than teams with a better training ground.  Why is he not allowed to say it? Because we're in a bad run?  It's a pretty obvious statement really and something we should be addressing.  Not telling him to man up and get on with it. How many other teams are missing their first choice back 4? (3 of which are injuries)

He's not "intimating that's why where we are".  He's not using it as the sole reason for our position.  He's saying it's a contributing factor.  Which it obviously is.  If you want find other interviews where he admits making mistakes and takes some of the blame on his shoulders then you won't have to look that far back.

So what issues did Shez have at the start of the season then when we had 4 points from 9 games?

We are not talking about Shez...and excuses are nothing more than a reason to fail in my book

2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

We are not talking about Shez...and excuses are nothing more than a reason to fail in my book

You brought Shez into it by referencing the end of last season.

The reason it came up in the interview was that he was talking about the reasons for Clarke going to Bury - something else he's now taking shit for from the hindsight lads.  And that situation has been made worse by so many injuries. He wasn't using it as an excuse to explain our poor position.

To be honest, it's refreshing for him to speak openly and honestly - the training ground is a serious issue that needs addressing.  But some prefer a load of meaningless cliches.  Each to their own.

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

"I had no choice but to release Peter Clarke, says manager Richie Wellens."

LATICS boss Richie Wellens says he is not to blame for the lack of defensive cover that threatens to undermine his side’s battle against relegation. He also cited the poor standard of Oldham’s training facilities as a contributing factor to his side’s injury problems.

http://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/16187838.I_had_no_choice_but_to_release_Clarke__says_Wellens/

Been away for a while. One of the last questions posed was, how often do caretakers managers who do really  well, get the job and then prove to be crap? This seems another example.

So, he had to get rid of Clarke to sign Bryan, but then tried to sign Mills??? Can someone explain?

He couldn't organise a friendly with 11 players? Piss poor.

He blames the training facilities for the injuries. Can he actually prove that? Did it happen in previous seasons? Perhaps his training schedule is to blame. Where's the evidence either way?

His record goes from ok to average to poor to disasterous. It's piss poor and he is as much to blame as anyone (at least in this season).  

This will be the third time i've experienced relegation and it doesn't get easier with age. Still, back to where it all started for me...great!

12 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Been away for a while. One of the last questions posed was, how often do caretakers managers who do really  well, get the job and then prove to be crap? This seems another example.

So, he had to get rid of Clarke to sign Bryan, but then tried to sign Mills??? Can someone explain?

He couldn't organise a friendly with 11 players? Piss poor.

He blames the training facilities for the injuries. Can he actually prove that? Did it happen in previous seasons? Perhaps his training schedule is to blame. Where's the evidence either way?

His record goes from ok to average to poor to disasterous. It's piss poor and he is as much to blame as anyone (at least in this season).  

This will be the third time i've experienced relegation and it doesn't get easier with age. Still, back to where it all started for me...great!

He isn't blaming the facilities for injuries, just suggesting they haven't helped. Which seems fair enough even if now probably isn't the best time to highlighting it.